Register / Log in

Server Costs Dec

Ends in 29 days 0%
It is currently Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:20 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: My crew is stealing my monies.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:13 pm 

Faction: Flight School
I have Split Booty checked off, but not Split Profit, and yet in my crew logs it says that I'm splitting my profit with them.

I'm beginning to think that perhaps my crew is taking advantage of my being horribly drunk every night.

Halp?

-Bal :grog: rog

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:35 pm 
Developer

i think this one's been outstanding for a while...

-PL-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:37 pm 

Is my profit actually being split, or are my logs lying to me?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:13 am 

If your log is lying to you, so is mine. I've noticed it for a week or two, but i was carrying a load of grog and flying risky. You know what it can smell like :razz: :secret:

That's the reason i've not mentioned it before.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:12 am 

My crew has been splitting profit on every flight leg, even though they are consistently King Slime happy. I have "Split Profits" enabled, but still, the People are supposed to be happy under the reign of King Slime, right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:21 pm 
Flight Master

Interesting point made...

previously, King Slime Happy did mean they would not take any more money, but the morale range of KSH occurs in the range of 90-100% happiness. People mentioned how they wanted to be able to split profit to get their crew to maximum morale.

Thus, they now will take more to get all the way to happiness.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:21 am 

KSH my foot. I turned off profit sharing. Everyone's still king slime happy. And they're STILL sharing profits. I still have booty sharing on--when people's happiness dips, they share the booty.

So, they always share the profits, desptie being "all" happy and despite the option being disabled. And their morale nevertheless drops, and when that happens they share booty. Crazy!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:07 pm 

Looks like this was implemented, and introduced a new bug.

I would have no problem with paying my crew 100k+ to make them happy, but I think the bug people are experiencing is that their crews aren't obeying the check box for when Split Profit isn't checked. I checked this out personally, and indeed, when left to themselves, the crew will steal you monies. However, when you are present for your trade, they do not take the split. i.e., sneaky profit split happens when on queued trades, not manual selling.

This has also been documented here:

http://skyrates.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4712

and here:

http://skyrates.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4803

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:34 pm 

As for strangeness with cash splitting - I haven't noticed crew taking money at incorrect times/methods, although the % basis for the split has not been constant for some reason. Whether or not this has any bearing on things I don't know, but the amount taken is at times the usual 10% while at others 5%. (This was noticed with two crewmembers, so it might be explained as profit splitting being determined per crewmember and not as a whole. I'm wondering how things would be with three - 3%/6%/10%?)

2008-09-29 22:28:00 | Level 28 | Win | Downed 4 | Got paid 14410 | 1441 split (10%)
2008-09-29 22:26:42 | Level 28 | Win | Downed 3 | Got paid 12074 | 603 split (5%)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:13 pm 
Happy 2010

My Excel-fu is weak right now, so I'd need to work a little to get non-anecdotal evidence, but.....

First hire; free-spirit mech. Started splitting profit almost immediately.
Second hire; 2 days later. Free-spirit trader. Still splitting profit
Third hire; 9 days later, Philosopher Nav. Still splitting
Fourth hire; 4 days later, Mercenary diplomat. Still splitting
Fired the Dip. (heh)
Fifth hire; yesterday, Philosopher Diplomat. No splitting yet.

My whole crew has been King Slime even first thing this morning. With the Mercenary, the the free-spirits where a couple of levels down, but they'd come back after a few hours.

Not sure if it helps, but I'll post if I get anything different over the next few days.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:40 am 

Just to shed some more light on the subject. I believe this is part of the reason this thing seems like a bug: The crew will take profit splits to reach their maximum morale, but not booty splits. This inconsistency makes it seem like they've already reached their Max Happy from hunting, and seemingly taking what they don't deserve when they take a split from profits.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:36 am 

Faction: Crimson Armada

Suino Rosso wrote:
I would have no problem with paying my crew 100k+ to make them happy, but I think the bug people are experiencing is that their crews aren't obeying the check box for when Split Profit isn't checked. I checked this out personally, and indeed, when left to themselves, the crew will steal you monies. However, when you are present for your trade, they do not take the split. i.e., sneaky profit split happens when on queued trades, not manual selling.

I beg to differ, as I just sold a load of diamonds and my crew split the profit. Since the round is almost over this isn't much of a big deal, but starting next round, I'm hoping this problem will be remedied.