Post subject: The Events that lead to the Tortugan Upheaval
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:24 pm 
Flight Master

Faction: Flight School
Quote:
Classification: Security Level Tau
Subject: Recent Troubles
Author: Lord Gilbert, Tortugan Diplomat

If you are receiving this letter, then you should know that I am placing my most extreme confidence in your abilities and your discretion. Please, honor that trust.

Now is a chaotic time in Skytopia, and Tortuga has been affected by the disorder. Fights are breaking out across the skyland, and the hearts of our people (black as they may be) are being swayed to and fro between the bloodthirsty Crimson Armada and a small team of passionate, but dedicated skyrates fresh from Flight School.

But all of these events are merely window dressing to a greater approaching peril.

About two weeks ago I received reports from a few scientists that some underwater tremors had begun occurring roughly 70 miles northeast of Tortuga. I dismissed them, as such tremors are not uncommon, and usually signal a deposit of Unobtanium about to breach from the surface.

However, in the following days I received more reports that not only were the tremors intensifying, but they were moving closer to Tortuga. Disturbed, I assigned more of my researchers to the project only to find more results not to my liking.

Yesterday the tremors stopped moving, and now represent a line of undersea earthquakes leading from their original spawning point to an area roughly 17 miles south of Tortuga.

The implications are frightening, and represent a very real ecological threat to not only Tortuga, but possibly all of Skytopia. If what my scientists have discovered is accurate, what we have here is a groundswell of proportions unheard of since the Great Upheaval. They estimate that the swell will not reach it's full capacity until roughly 9 days from now, at which point it could erupt at any point.

I am in a delicate position with a limited number of options, but I am going to do whatever I can to ensure the safety of the Tortugans. I suggest you spread word to your own people, but in a manner to not promote extreme panic.

I have sent similar missives out to select members of Skytopia requesting their aid to prepare for what may come.

In the meantime, we shall do what we can, and see what occurs.

May the skies keep you.

Lord Gilbert

Last edited by Lord Gilbert on Fri May 18, 2007 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:42 pm 
Glorious General

Faction: Crimson Armada

Quote:
I have heard your plea for aid, Gilbert, and know that it will not go unanswered.

Do remember though, all things have their price.

-Fuseli

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:02 am 
Flight Master

Quote:
Classification: Security Level Tau
Subject: Destruction of Research Platform Epsilon
Author: Lord Gilbert, Tortugan Diplomat

It begins.

One of the research platforms I sent out to monitor the fault lines to the northeast of Tortugan has been destroyed. Furthermore, recon vessels I sent out to those coordinates found detritus in the water similar to the buoyant materials of the research platforms.

Additionally, these vessels were driven off by skyrates intent on plundering the wreckage and mining the unobtanium deposits now in the air above that position.

It is very clear to me now that this is an unobtanium surge, one of the biggest we have had since the upheaval.

Regretfully, no sign has been found of Doctor Stotts, the researcher in charge of the facility.

Admiral Fuseli has pledged his support to Tortuga, although I admit I have my suspicions into his motives. While Fuseli has retired from active duty, I sense his ambition remains.

I shall keep you all informed. In the meantime, I have sent out messages although already, radio signals around Tortuga are suffering from degradation.

May the skies keep you.

Lord Gilbert

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:56 pm 
Noble Vagabond

Faction: Azure League

Quote:
I've mobilized the fleet and we're on our way, Gil.

And if you happen to catch the ear of the good Admiral, do tell him to bite my dust.

-Islo

Post subject: Offer of help
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:41 pm 
Flying

To His Skyratical Excellency, Lord Gilbert:

My Lord Gilbert,

We offer our humble self and our skycraft to you in this time of troubles. Any assistance we can offer is yours.

In the end, it shall be said that Flight School stood for hope.

Wing Honor Chairman/Supervisor/Lieutenant Flying Bear
Flight School Time Leader

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:35 pm 

Admiral Fuseli and Voyager Islo, I see, have come to your aide, Lord Gilbert. What of Eltsina? Has any word been sent to the Green representative?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:10 pm 
Flight Master

Word was sent to Green.

As of yet, word has not returned.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:10 pm 
Combat Guru

Faction: Azure League

I'll offer my services, and try to get as many blues as I can to follow me in this noble cause.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:25 pm 
Flight Master

Quote:
The radio waves are buzzing with messages, many of which have been encoded so that only certain people can read them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:09 pm 

Hrm.... Trickery from the Reds? Or the Pirates? Or both?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:45 am 

Trickery from Reds? Reds are above tricks. We are honest, wonderful people. Everyone knows that. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:23 am 

Russel wrote:
Trickery from Reds? Reds are above tricks. We are honest, wonderful people. Everyone knows that. :D

If that were the truth, then no one would've said anything opposing; would they?

And I believe you all dillusioned yourself a bit. I think instead of calling them 'tricks' or 'cheats', you have that 'ends-justify-the-means' saying?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:24 am 

i offer my services. I will be arriving at tortuga shortly before the Admiral. i will also try to bring some of my fellow blues with me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:15 pm 

To Guildmistress Dasha Eltsina:

I understand the Guild's desire to remain neutral in this series of events (and sell arms to both sides, should it come to that.) However, I believe that your presence is warranted at Tortuga, and that your absence and silence could be considered an act of treachery. Please either respond to the pleas of the Tortugans or convey your intentions to the residents of Skytopia.

Your silence or absence will be considered unacceptable, and the long-standing peace between the Guild and the Conclave could be at stake. Please respond to this message and prepare to depart for Tortuga or support this joint effort for aid with the Guild's large reserves of finances.

Sincerely,
Lt. Colonel Frederick "Fox" McCloud
Conclave Ambassador and Lead Scientist

Last edited by Fox McCloud on Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:20 pm 

Fox,

We are currently in talks with the Guildmistress. Please do not become 'angry' with her for responding or not, as we Greens are all talking things through. She will give a response when we figure things out, further.

And if she doesn't respond, it's not her choice, it's ours. She is merely acting on our behalf.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:11 pm 

The greens have always been sluggishly slow, the reds foolishly fast, and the blues overly oscillating, in their decisions. It is the way it was meant to be. Guildmistress Eltsina will relay her answer in time.
-Loco Lobo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:16 pm 

This event has consequences on all of Skytopia, and, whether or not the Guildmistress wants to admit it, that includes the Skyland of Eltsina and all of the Guild's lands. We have waited more than a week and have heard nothing from the leadership of the Guild. Even a short statement on from the Guildmistress on her positions would be greatly appreciated. I do not care that you have not responded with a flight to Tortuga. All that I and the Conclave ask for is a response-written, spoken, or action-to this crisis. And this is a crisis, despite what the propaganda would have you believe. This is not a time for inaction or silence. We need people willing to put their lives and reputations on the line and get something done in this world. We have already been through one Upheaval; let us not make the same mistake of inaction twice.

Lieutenant Colonel Frederick "Fox" McCloud

Last edited by Fox McCloud on Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:29 pm 

I concede my point to yours Fox, your words have swayed me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:42 am 

Firstly, we have no standing treaty with the Conclave, Fox. As I best remember it, we broke all treaties with you when your fellow citizens thought it funny to come down and take us out. I believe it's what lead to a lot of the Skyland trouble we had just a few short months ago.

As for the Guildmistress, she's a very busy individual. Besides, aside from the original communication, I don't see either Fuseli or Islo saying much of anything.

We will send her to speak when we have finished voting and going through all options. Until then, you may become infuriated with the government behind Green, not the Guild. The Guild is merely acting as we've asked them to after voting on our options.

~President Kenisu Ichojari
The Glorious Green Republic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 7:19 am 

First off, let me clarify that I am not angry. I am merely trying to figure out where green stands on this issue, and what they are going to do about it. Since you seem to have such a great understanding of the positions of the Guild, why don't you you give us a statement, Mr. President, since apparently the Guildmistress no longer holds any power over the Guild.

Second, if you would prefer we try to take over your skylands in addition to the ones red took from us, we would be more than happy to oblige. As it stands, we are more than willing to leave your lands alone and attack the greater threat.