Register / Log in

Server Costs Dec

Ends in 29 days 0%
It is currently Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:44 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Surgical expert needed!
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 2:59 pm 

Faction: Flight School
In a workshop on islo, two skyrates work hard into the night. Sitting at a drafting table, Platonicjack reaches up to adjust his parralel bar, then picks up a pencil in his single hand. His other arm ends in a stump a few inches above where the elbow would have been, and is still bandaged heavily. A few meters away, Phoebe Ravenshaw is grinding down a peice of metal. It's much smaller than what would typically be found in an airplane. Katherine and Rogue Riley were away, taking the Hades on trade runs to get the materials their boss needed for his project. Minutes pass, and Phoebe puts down the grinder, wipes her brow, and walks over to Jack at the desk.

"What do you have there? you don't have new designs for the servos again, do you?"

Jack put down the pencil and tore the sheet of paper from it's pad.

"Not this time. It's coming along great, but neither you nor I have the experise to finish the attachment. We need assistance. Take this to the conclave, and put a copy in the paper. See if the radio will broadcast it, any other channels you can think of."

"Ok, boss. And you are going to finally take a nap. Doc's orders, you know."

"Sure, sure" said jack, in that way that you just knew meant he wouldn't. He hadn't listened when the doctor told him his arm was gone for good, that he wouldn't be able to pilot a plane again, or when he told him this project of his was foolish and dangerous. Why would he take this advice either? Phoebe shook her head and left on her errand.

**Surgical expert needed for ground-breaking new experiment!**

PlatonicJack and company require the assistance of a person with great medical knowledge willing to push the boundaries of Science! Compensation to will be fame, accolades, a historic acheivement, and payment to be negotiated. If interested contact Jack on the following frequency, or in person at his workshop on Islo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 4:50 pm 

Sounds very... full-metal-alchemist-ish. :P

Care to elaborate?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 5:28 pm 

Faction: Azure League

I know this one guy. He can usually be found around Kadath. He's supposedly some sort of Doctor. Call sign "Ether."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 5:24 am 
Developer

they call me dr. worm. good morning! how are you? i'm dr. worm.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 5:32 pm 

I'm interested in things

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:52 pm 

"Well, it's just you and me now, Jack. Riley's settled in on another trader, given we don't have the space for her on your new plane, and That Phoebe said she's done with the job you gave her and she won't be taking another one." Katherine had the same nonchalant look on her face as always, but inside she was worried. Boss hadn't been quite, well, stable since the loss of his arm, and she though she didn't know what the he an Phoebe had been after these last few weeks, it seemed to have disturbed the mechanic enough that she quit.

"She did a good job, and I payed her enough to retire. I'm not surprised she gone." The voice was coming from in back of the shop.

"Uh huh. And what exactly was that job? She seemed mighty upset."

"well, the installation was messier than expected. We couldn't find a decent doc who didn't think I was nuts. OH, I don't mean messy like blood everywhere or anything. It just took a lot of interacting with this stump of mine."

Jack stepped out from behind a stack of spare parts and extended his gloved left hand to Katherine.

"Oh, I know you don't normally shake with the left hand, but this is a special occasion."

Katherine fell back. Her boss had 2 hands again. "How in the heck!"

Jack smiled and took the glove off. Underneath was a series of pistons and tubes which formed the vague shape of a hand. He moved his fingers for dramatic effect.

"It works by steam hydraulics powered by small amounts of aviation fuel." he went on, rolling up his sleeve to show more of the workings. "The movements are triggered by flexing the remaining muscles in my arm-stump. It connects over the end and straps across my chest here. I can take it off, it's not permanently attached, but I have to re-hook up the controls every time, so I don't think I'll be doing that too much. They still need some adjusting to me, and me to them, but I think It's mostly good enough for what I need. I've modified the controls on this new plane I bought while you were out. Lets me focus the precision controls on my good hand. You up for a test-flight?"

Katherine did not normally show emotion, and that was true now as well. But that was only because she had fainted.

"No? Ah, well, later, perhaps. I'd better get you some water."

OOC: check out the "rocket powered arm" on google to see where I got my inspiration for the design. Schematics and other drawings as the mood strikes me and if I find a scanner.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:34 am 
Explorer

Cool.

Fastest "Draw" in the west
Remember your Flight School combat training.
Detect, Close, Maneuver, Attack, Disengage. Rinse and repeat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:36 pm 

Great, now we need to build a jumbo machine (shiny and clean). After all, who else can save the people from the megaton punch?