Server Costs Aug

Ends in 29 days 0%
It is currently Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:24 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:06 pm 
Explorer

Faction: Flight School
"Well, that is interesting as all get-out. My hands are trained to valve gaps and torque wrenches, but that sounds like the sort of thing I'd really like to learn. And I'd say we're both right about your glimmerclay hulls. Everything's art if you care about how you make it, but that surface does more for you than just look pretty."

Deyo scratches his head.

"So. I guess it's time to name the elephant in the room. We don't know how you folks show you trust someone, so it's hard for me to say if you trust us with knowledge like glimmerclay. And though I think you've been nothing but honest with every word, it's not always easy for us to figure out what your words mean. Seems to me you've got no urgent need to trust us, and vice-versa, but we've both been making the effort.

"Some folks have offered exchanges with you, one way or another, and you didn't take kindly to them. Maybe it's how we said it, maybe we just look at the world from another angle. Either way, I'm willing to change things up. You teach me what you're okay with me knowing about glimmerclay. I'll tell you what you want to know about long-throw stress frames, double-bank rotary engines, and the other tricks we use to build heavy cargo haulers.

"I figure what I tell you, I tell the Court. You can guess that what you tell me, all Skytopia will know."

-c.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:24 pm 

Deyo wrote:
"Some folks have offered exchanges with you, one way or another, and you didn't take kindly to them. Maybe it's how we said it, maybe we just look at the world from another angle. Either way, I'm willing to change things up. You teach me what you're okay with me knowing about glimmerclay. I'll tell you what you want to know about long-throw stress frames, double-bank rotary engines, and the other tricks we use to build heavy cargo haulers.

Reflection looks at Deyo, her eyes staring with great judgement.

After a few moments, the corners of her eyes crinkle and she smiles.

"Your candor is refreshing. I shall take your message to the Court and we shall judge your offer."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:53 pm 
Explorer

"Well, I think we've done well with the straight talk. I can see where you folks are coming from, and what we might offer each other."

Deyo stands and extends a hand in farewell.

"Dunno if you guys shake hands, I think some of our folks have been too timid to ask."

After Great Reflection leaves, Deyo will place the sugar cage in a padded case, return to the Singular Purpose, and streak away to the west.

-c.