Register / Log in

Server Costs Oct

Ends in 13 days 0%
It is currently Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:28 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 2:41 pm 
Messenger of Service

Location: Definitely NOT at work* (*=not true for all values of work)
Faction: Flight School
A very old Monkey with long beard and brown robes suddenly appears in front of an expedition tent.

When approached, he smiles genuinely, hands over a small paper with a wax seal then speaks with a voice stronger than his body would suggest.

"I am Monsignor Shiki. I was sent to let Naes Draw know that Cardinal Lance has arrived on the island and is available to meet at his convenience. He has also arranged for a 'Cuda full of Archaeologists, Historians and equipment which is ready to leave Lhasa and join the expedition once he confirms the contents and secures landing approval from you.

The monkey sits on a nearby rock
"I smell some tea and would be grateful to rest briefly and partake before returning to the Cardinal"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:13 am 
Explorer

Faction: Azure League

Naes looked up from what he was working on, "Whatta ya MEAN the person from the Order 's been here for a half hour waiting? Why did no one tell me?"
He jumps up, dusts himself off and jogs over to the tents.

He looks around before stepping over to the robed individual and offering a handshake.

"Sorry I took so long, the name's Naes Draw. I believe that the Cardinal wished to speak with me?

((Whoops! Only a month or so off, right? :D Verizon must have eaten my notification again...)

Fastest "Draw" in the west
Remember your Flight School combat training.
Detect, Close, Maneuver, Attack, Disengage. Rinse and repeat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:11 pm 

"Time always moves too quickly for me," Shiki says quietly as he sets down his cup of tea.

"As you may appreciate, there are likely to be many leadership changes in the Order soon. Turbo Lance has no authority to guarantee it, but believes most of the equipment and academics who were prepared to come over are still available."

Shiki pauses as he considers whether he should continue.

"As one who was assigned to assure the safety of our students, I wonder if you could speak to the security situation here. There are disturbing rumblings on the radio about would-be agitators. Not to mention the sudden resurgence of pirates throughout our land."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:45 pm 
Explorer

"About the pirates, between Earthbreach's own defenses and the more combat capable pilots here, I think we can handle anything that comes around."
He nudges a rock aside with his boot before continuing, "I can't say I've heard too much about rumblings as of late, although there has been unrest in the past, an earlier expedition here had some small problems, but nothing too serious. All in all I'd say that there shouldn't be any problems, and we would be glad for the extra hands."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:58 pm 
Messenger of Service

Cardinal Lance emerges from around the corner. His normal jovial demeanor somewhat frayed around the edges. His bloodshot eyes try to smile at his trusted secretary but the effort is wasted as the monkey darts back in the direction of the tarmac.

The Cardinal's posture sharpens upon seeing the expedition still underway. There is some disorder and a lack of resources...but admirable spirit given the circumstances.

"Sorry to have kept you waiting Brother Naes.

The pirates have been quite the distraction for all who love this skyland. I arrived 2 hours after the villains took control from the Jade Hand and have spent the past month atoning for my tardiness.

However, I am confident the pirates will be expelled today and your expedition will get much more support from an environment of friendly control. As long as I am fortunate enough to serve as Governor, there should be more resources and fewer distractions.

While I am not normally one for formalities, I would love to see some updated blueprints for this expedition. The Order is not here to be a bureaucracy or a bottleneck. We merely want to know where we can best help. What would be your definition of success?"

Post subject: Oops!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:12 am 
Explorer

((Ah. that college stuff is killer when it comes to free time... Everyone still present and accounting for?))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:31 pm 
Messenger of Service

((here, but no longer governor))