Server Costs Sep

Ends in 8 days 0%
It is currently Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:26 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Message to the Violet Court
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:33 pm 
Explorer

Faction: Flight School
During a break in the platform research effort, Deyo uses the frequency provided for contacting the Violet Court.

"Good morning, Shining One of the Violet Court. My name is Deyo, and I am an engineer of Blue Faction. We've discussed a comparison of technology and engineering between the Court and Skytopia, and I've suggested to my peers that I should make first steps toward that discussion.

"If there is an engineer in your group who's willing to meet with me one-on-one, I'll travel to a location of your choice."

-c.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:19 pm 
Grand Artist

Faction: Court of Violets

"We greet you, Deyo, comrade of Islo. We have heard your voice and do respond. You shall be honored to speak to Great Reflection, one of my entourage. She shall be most intrigued to meet one such as you."

"We are knowing of the fact that Treader of Air did craft for your people a gift. It would be most proper for you to bring this item to such a meeting."

"Great Reflection shall speak with you at a place of your choosing."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:20 pm 
Explorer

"I think I've heard of this gift. If you mean the musical crystal you gave Kyra, I assume it's with her. I'll let her know that you'd like to have it around for the discussion, and ask her to join us or send someone she trusts to bring it."

((OOC: If that is what Shining One wants, we should relocate this thread to SCC. I'm pretty sure nobody in Blue can speak for that crystal. :secret: ))

-c.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:42 pm 

Faction: Azure League

((OOC: The cage of Treader, I think, rather than the jewel of Shiny.))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:10 am 
Flight Master

Yodo wrote:
((OOC: The cage of Treader, I think, rather than the jewel of Shiny.))

OOC: Correct.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:12 am 
Explorer

((Ah. So it's probably still on the EACC Great Depression.))

"Stone Cold, this is Deyo. Got your ears on?"

-c.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:40 pm 
Flight Master

*coughs*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:12 pm 
Explorer

((Yeah, I'm just gonna assume Stone Cold's unavailable for comment, and that she put the cage someplace accessible on Islo. ;) ))

"Evening, Shining One. I'm sorry for the delay, there was a long silence when I asked about Treader of Air's gift. I've tracked it down, and I'm flying to pick it up now. Let Great Reflection know I'll fly from there to wherever's convenient."

-c.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:54 am 
Grand Artist

Faction: Court of Violets

Deyo wrote:
"Evening, Shining One. I'm sorry for the delay, there was a long silence when I asked about Treader of Air's gift. I've tracked it down, and I'm flying to pick it up now. Let Great Reflection know I'll fly from there to wherever's convenient."

As these skies we fly are your domain, might I suggest that the onus of suggesting a meeting place be upon yourselves?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:31 am 
Explorer

Shining One wrote:
Deyo wrote:

As these skies we fly are your domain, might I suggest that the onus of suggesting a meeting place be upon yourselves?

"Fair enough. I'll wait for her at Arcadia."

-c.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:30 am 
Explorer

The Singular Purpose glided to the runway, engines barely ticking at a low idle. In a common sign of respect for the Elder Ash, he had been gliding from a few klicks out, and would only use enough fuel on takeoff to safely clear the skyland's edge.

Once in the hangar, Deyo walked down the entry ramp carrying a small aluminum case and a large wooden cube, painted platinum white. He walked to one of the many shaded alcoves on the skyland, set down the cube, and sat beside it. Opening the case, he removed the sugar cage and a portable radio, and set them on the cube.

He keyed the radio, and said, "Hello, Shining One. I'm at Arcadia. Whenever's convenient for Great Reflection is fine by me."

-c.

Post subject: Radio Responce
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:43 pm 
Aviation Master

I just received correspondence about the grape thingy.

As many of you know the event ended with one of my crew consuming said grape construction. This was a ruse! You were taken by a clever slide of hand.

The grape is still in my possession, at the time it was considered best to keep it mobile in my heavily protected vessel. Opening the gate doors of Islo is not something to be taken lightly, it risks what is behind those doors being compromised.

If an Islo rondavue to determine its importance is necessary hail me on the radio again, until then it will continue to be preserved in one of the secret holds of the great steal beast.

~Stone Cold

((Opps looks like I didn't read enough))

Deyo, I just received word of your need of the grape cage, I shall meet you in the hanger with it when you arrive.

((and lets just assume thats how Deyo got it))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:07 pm 
Explorer

Thanks, SC. :grin:

-c.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:33 pm 

Great Reflection's Loki circles about Arcadia, flitting between the various branches. Eventually, it moves downwards and lands in the hangar area.

A female bear, her body dressed in a simple green flight suit, its only accent being a seemingly random splash of purple hue that splatters from the right side.

"I am Great Reflection. I extend the well wishes of the Court."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:47 pm 
Explorer

"I'm glad you could make it, Great Reflection. I'm happy to chat about whatever you like, but I'm hoping we can steer the conversation through a few topics."

Deyo gestures toward the sugar cage. "I heard you wanted to have this around. I'm curious about it, I'll admit. Most of our chemistry and metallurgy has been focused around making steel lighter and stronger. I've seen some interesting work on Fuseli with iron, carbon, and iridium, and I'm trying to get in on the ground floor there."

"Mainly, though, my interests are in torque and fluid flow. I think maybe between our two tech bases, there might be a way to make a better propeller, and a better engine to drive it."

Deyo chuckles. "Unless the Court has moved beyond such things, of course."

((Deyo is primarily an engineer, and his knowledge is deepest in that field. He'll pursue any topic Great Reflection suggests, though, whether he's her student, peer, or teacher.))

-c.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:46 pm 

Great Reflection looks at Deyo. Whereas Treader of Air's face seemed to change with every mood that touched him, Reflection's eyes are placid and unreadable.

"I have studied your people's work. Of particular interest to me are your larger vessels. The Court has ever favored smaller and more agile crafts."

She walks over to the sugar cage and picks it up, "Is there something of particular interest to you?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:23 pm 
Explorer

"Well, from what I heard, Treader of Air had a metallic paste that he mixed with the grape to draw its sugar out into a sort of ductile crystal. Now, I'm no expert on exotic materials, but it seems something like that could make our more intricate bits a lot easier to make... maybe even in flight, if the need comes up."

Deyo looks over at the Singular Purpose

"I haven't flown one of the big bruisers since... {static}, four months ago, I'd put it. That's when I sold my old Bullfrog, anyway. Legroom on that thing was {static} near miraculous after flying a Vengeance for three weeks. Couldn't stay in it, though. It turns about like it looks. Really wide."

((Times are in real-time, as there is no consensus regarding the comparative time-flow))

"Now, I've worked on near everything that flies over Skytopia. Some of the biggest are lighter-than-air or hybrid craft. The Barracuda, for instance, combines a lifting body with an airfoil-shaped hull, and vertical-thrust propellers on top of that. In my humble opinion, it tries to do too much, and in too many ways, and suffers for it in combat."

"The Leviathan, now that's a whole other beast. Let me tell you about layered armor..."

((Deyo will go on at length, until Great Reflection either signals she's learned enough or her eyes glaze over.))

"Well, I'm not just here to talk your ear off, I'm curious to know how you do some things. You seem to have some kind of light-shifting technique. We saw something very different when we fought those platforms, but your planes seem to trick the eye. I assume that's not just for art's sake."

-c.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:07 pm 
Explorer

((As there is really nothing secret or proprietary here, how about moving it to SCC?))

-c.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:03 am 
Flight Master

Moved.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:21 pm 

Deyo wrote:
"Well, from what I heard, Treader of Air had a metallic paste that he mixed with the grape to draw its sugar out into a sort of ductile crystal. Now, I'm no expert on exotic materials, but it seems something like that could make our more intricate bits a lot easier to make... maybe even in flight, if the need comes up."

Potentially. The skill of crafting glimmerclay to meet one's needs is a delicate art however. One the Court may be willing to share.

Quote:
"Well, I'm not just here to talk your ear off, I'm curious to know how you do some things. You seem to have some kind of light-shifting technique. We saw something very different when we fought those platforms, but your planes seem to trick the eye. I assume that's not just for art's sake."

All things are for art's sake, why else would they be done? The phenomena you speak of is the reaction of glimmerclay that has been treated with metal and other substances, and then used to craft our hulls.

The material has a degree of flexibility and armor that the Court finds most suitable.