Server Costs Dec

Ends in 24 days 0%
It is currently Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:20 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: A Horizon's new deadline
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:31 pm 
RP Guide

Faction: Flight School
So after the recent server reset, the RP tab was totally empty, so I took advantage of it and made up a big story on the spot.

For you TLDR types (I'm one of you) In summary: Harris is tasked to recruit this super skilled machinist for the "Horizon Project". Before he can, a big bad pirate attacks and tries to kidnap him. Upon realizing that the machinist is still on E-Breach, the pirate flies off in a plane much faster than Harris'. There is no way for Harris to get there in time, additionally, he must fend of a pirate raid on Tortuga.

I posted this to the blue forums 24 hours ago. Another pilot with (hopefully) pick up the tale soon.

{Static}

Prince Harris rises from the veritable bed of young attractive female skyrates and dons his flight suit, ready to take on the day.

Prince Harris checks to see if any messages of importance were left for him, and strides out into the streets of Tortuga, eager to get a start

Prince Harris tips his hat in response to the populace's greetings and warm hello's, making his way through the market district and to the flight line. He purchases his breakfast along the way. A piece of fruit there, a fresh roll there. He eats as he walks through the heart of his city in the skies, the famous, and storied Tortuga.

Prince Harris: Jameson, how's the Carpet doing this morning?

Prince Harris asks as he strides up to his personal flight line mechanic, friends since Harris' childhood on this skyland

Larkos looks up as he sees Prince Harris approaching.

Prince Harris listens through a list of small tweaks and maintainence updates Jameson has made. In all, his friend has taken good care of the plane while it was parked at Tortuga.

Larkos snorts at the League Member and moves away.

Prince Harris bounds up onto the wing of his Seahawk, and looks across the horizon. The Flying Carpet has served him well since the storm. He had saved up to purchase it, passing on the opportunity to buy cheaper planes. Similarly, he was now passing on the opportunity for purchasing more expensive craft.

Prince Harris knew that a Bolo would carry more, faster, farther, but there was no desire in Harris' heart for such a craft. He had flown one before, prior to the storm that recently had devastated Skytopia, but it's lines, noises, even the engine vibration never felt right to Harris. His Seahawk carried him and his crew comfortably, but not in luxury. He had flown a Lancaster and Hades before as well. But what's flying if you're scared of scuffing the paint?

Prince Harris scanned the horizon, before turning his gaze back to the flight line. His crew were carrying their equipment together down the row of planes. Harris stepped down to his wing, and jumped off it, and began walking towards his team to assit them.

Prince Harris: Morning gang, I tell you where we're headed yet?

Prince Harris asked them as he grabbed the new navigation table Francis, his navigator had purchased

Prince Harris smiled as his crew fired off a list of increasingly fantastical possibilities. They knew that he'd steer them straight, even if he wasn't able to tell them the destination right away. Fat Mead, Harris' long time diplomat finally admitted defeat and had to ask.

Prince Harris: Heh, you're the only one who might actually know. You've been there before.

Prince Harris paused as Fat Mead's eyes widened. They both knew what was in store for the two new crew members at the destination. Rudolf and Francis, Harris' new trader and navigator respectively, hadn't been told of the latest and greatest project the Azure Conclave had been cooking. With an unspoken agreement, Mead and Harris resolved to let the shock of the scale and size of the project come as a surprise to the crew members.

Prince Harris: Francis, I'll give you the coordinates when we need them, it's a small skylet, shouldn’t be on any of your charts. But before then guys, we've got someone to meet on Earthbreach.

Prince Harris smiled as his team got to work readying the plane. Fat Mead finished early, and strolled over to where Harris was performing the pre-flight checklist. "Another technician for the Horizon project?" he asked in a low tone, careful not to broadcast his voice very far.

Prince Harris: Close, this guy is apparently important for some of the finer pieces of our hangar system. He's said to be the finest machinist in all of skytopia, and we've got to recruit him.
Something about a "necessary level of miniaturization" required for this thing. I guess we're trying to cut down on weight a bit.

Prince Harris laughed with Fat Mead at the understatement

Prince Harris: When we get there, you charm him, I'll shoot him the facts. Oh, and I'm paying his wage out of my own pocket so don't

Prince Harris leaned in

Prince Harris: go overboard with the promises of riches this time.

Prince Harris finished poking around the underwing, and climbed into the cockpit after his team. Hurtling down the runway, he caught a glimpse of something metal out of the corner of his eye.

Prince Harris shields his face as bullets splatter the ground in front of the plane. One round embeds itself in the engine cowling's armor, directly in front of the cockpit. The pirate's thunderbolt circles around again just as The Flying Carpet finally becomes airborne. A voice comes out across the radio, lights on the dash indicating it's broadcasting across all bands.

Prince Harris turns to reassure his crew with a quick glance of self assurance. As he turns back though, his face gets serious as he listens to the transmission. He still needs to pick up speed, and that Thunderbolt tore up some serious chucks from the runway. The voice calls out again, and Harris finally begins listening. "This is the Dread Pirate N. Teach. I demand that the hunk of bolts you call the flying carpet immediately turns over your cargo."

Prince Harris glances at Mead in the seat next to him. They both know this is an odd tactic to hijack trade goods. The voice calls out again, "If you know what's good for you Prince," the voice is dripping in hatred, "you will turn over Wolfgang Usur immediately." The Thunderbolt comes in for another pass as Prince Harris quickly makes the connection and calls out to his crew.

Prince Harris: That's the machinist we're supposed to hire on Earthbreach!

Prince Harris kicks his plane into a barrel roll, the crew bracing themselves as they go inverted

Prince Harris: The pirates know about the Horizon Project!

Prince Harris and crew watch out the top of their canopy as the Thunderbolt rushes by underneath them. Harris holds the plane at the apex of the roll for just a moment, and comes down from it firing at the quickly accelerating pirate craft. One longarm round tags the rudder of the Thunderbolt as it leaves the gun's range. Harris grabs the radio mike from it's place on the flight panel and speaks into it as he flies with one hand.

Prince Harris: You're a little early In Touch, we havn't even hired him yet!

Prince Harris listens as the jab he had hoped would inspire frustration instead leads to sickening laughter across all frequencies. "Well then, it will be easier to pluck him from his home than to take him from you, wouldn't it?"

Prince Harris and his crew brace as the Thunderbolt makes another pass on them, Harris hauling sharply starboard in an attempt to avoid fire and bring his own guns to bear. He manages to land a few more hits on the thunderbolt as it passes by, although the impact of rounds into the Seahawk's rear armor could be felt strongly.

Prince Harris curses as the Thunderbolt afterburners away to the north and the voice once more cuts across the radio, "I've got a date with a certain machinist Prince, besides, I feel you've go enough company right now."

Prince Harris: I played those cards wrong team, he's got a lot of speed on us, there's no way we can get to Usur before him.

Prince Harris grits through his teeth. Francis breaks his concentration, calling out and pointing through the canopy back towards Tortuga. The black wings of a pirate fleet are obvious to the crew, watching the horde near the skyland.

Prince Harris curses again, and glares at the receding dot in the distance that was Teach's craft. As he wheels back towards Tortuga, he flips his radio to "distance-transmission" mode and speaks into it.

Prince Harris: Attention any Conclave members in the vicinity of Earthbreach. Repeat, attention any Conclave members in the vicinity of Earthbreach: Pirates in the area may be attempting to kidnap a machinist who's been recruited for the Horizon project, name Wolfgang Usur. It's imperative that he reach "Curiosity Base" safely.

Prince Harris is deep in thought as his Seahawk dives on the pirate armada attacking Tortuga. As soon as the skies were secure, he'd get on a coded radio to discuss the security of the Horizon Project with the Conclave. Time was running out for it, and it wouldn't be safe until it was finally completed.

Prince Harris: TO BE CONTINUUUEEEEEDDDDDD

Last edited by Prince Harris on Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:17 pm 

TLDR

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:39 pm 
RP Guide

That's why there's a summary up top. It's even bolded.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:14 am 

TLDR

wonder how many it will take before he notices the irony

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:43 am 
Combat Guru

Faction: Azure League

[In the spirit of the first, a summary: BL rescues said machinist from said pirates]

The man was sitting at his desk, engrossed in his work, oblivious to the world outside his office beyond the heavy oak door.

His door crashes open, a large figure in nondescript fatigues with a rifle slung across his back is standing in the vacated space, a warm, open smile on his face.

"Excuse me sir? I'm looking for someone whom an associate of mine was supposed to have picked up the other day. He got interrupted and by the time we'd arranged alternate travel plans he seems to have relocated. And he even forgot to leave a forwarding address! Can you believe that?"

The man behind the desk gapes.

"Well, in any event, we asked around a bit and found out Mr. Usur has moved into your fine establishment."

A knife sprouts from the man's hand as it creeps under his desk. The smile never even wavers, the tone remains light and friendly.

"All I'm asking is that you direct me to his room. Your staff has been quite unhelpful, so I decided to ask the man in charge. So, could you please direct me?"

A shotgun blast erupts from under the desk, and almost simultaneously the rifle slips around on the sling and puts a burst into the desk. The mangled remains of a hand emerge with great alacrity. The smile and tone only blink for a fraction of a second.

"Now, now Mr. Roberts, please be more helpful than that. All I'm asking for is directions to our associate's room. Or not I suppose, I am supposed to be field testing Mr. Alexandrov and Dr. Kapersky's new, what do they call it? Assault rifle, I think. But, it's really up to you."

Mr. Roberts mutters something, the figure nods, "Was that so hard to say? Good day to you and Godspeed."

The last is punctuated by a short cacophonous burst and the pirate's shoulders slumping to his desk.

The figure turns, leaves and makes his way to the indicated room, his travels punctuated by the occasional burst of light and sound.

A door creaks open, "Mr. Wolfgang Usur? Your chariot awaits."

A figure huddled in in the corner rises, wary of this newcomer.

"How rude. General Burrito Loco of the Azure League, at your service. No need for excessive haste, but a timely departure would be advisable. I think I may have stepped on a few toes on my way in."

Usur gives the fatigued donkey and incredulous stare, "Come again?"

"Well, we were supposed to pick you up at Earthbreach, but, well, best laid plans and all. I'm here to pick you up now. You do have a contractual obligation to fulfill after all. Grab your stuff and let's be off!"

Not for a second has it appeared that the donkey is making anything but light small-talk whilst his companion packs.

Usur looks about his empty cell and gives Burrito Loco a vacant stare.

"Oh, right, well, we can send a porter for your things then. Follow me."

Burrito leads the machinist through the halls.

"I hear you're quite a whiz...oh do be careful, the floors seem to have become rather slippery since I was last through here....Lunch disagreed with you then? I'm sure they can clean that right up don't you worry about it..."

"Here we are, front door. Mind the pot-holes. Seems 88s can make quite a mess, doesn't it?"

Usur nods weakly, clutching pale hands over his mouth.

Burrito Loco hoists the trembling figure into a crew seat before hopping in the pilot's chair and launching the heavily refit Thunderbolt into the air.

"Welcome to the team. I assure you that your stay with us shall be a pleasant one here on forward. I am most sorry for your inconvenience here."

Usur nods, still apparently stunned.

Burrito Loco hums a lighthearted ditty as he pulls a number of plates from his fatigues. "Huh, these things worked a charm, though it does appear that a number of them are rather shattered..."

Burrito drops them to the floor with a ceramic clatter.

The Thunderbolt flits from cloud to cloud and behind skylets at low altitude and high speed en route to points unknown to all but a few...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:18 pm 

(Ooh. Who cares about the project, I want some of that bulletproof ceramic.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:46 pm 
Combat Guru

((Sorry, that's on lockdown. Our full-time military is tiny, it needs the edge.)) :woodman:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:11 pm 

[In the spirit of the others, a summary: Yaar!]

A battered monkey pirate struggles into the wreckage of the boss's office. "Yarr, Dread Pirate N. Teach! Why'd that donkey keep callin' yew 'Roberts?"

He looks around, seeing the figure slumped over the desk.

"NOOOO! Dread's dead!"

Last edited by Squidward Teach on Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:17 pm 
Sapphire Luminary

Burrito Loco wrote:
[In the spirit of the first, a summary: BL rescues said machinist from said pirates]

TL;DR :shifty:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:18 am 
Combat Guru

Mispost