Register / Log in

Server Costs Feb

Ends in 8 days 0%
It is currently Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:33 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: welcome calvin as moderator!
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 10:33 am 
Developer

hi, i know some of you have already divined this, and i'm sorry i haven't been more forthcoming sooner, but some (more) things have come up in my personal life on top of the extremely long hours i've been working, and i haven't had a minute to spare until now. actually, i still don't--but this is so overdue i'm sneaking away a little time.

obviously, i've all but vanished from skyrates. i hate it, and don't expect it to be permanent, but for now it is what it is. but thankfully, there's someone here in our community who is more than ready to do most of the things i did, better than i did them! that's why we've begun giving calvin moderator powers. at this exact moment, he's got the same abilities as the rest of the team here on the forum, and can help to keep it neat and tidy, deal with any flame wars, etc. i'm also building him a version of the tool i used to administer the game itself. "soon," he'll be able to help with deleting unwanted characters, changing names, and all the rest of the day-to-day community service that i'd like to be doing.

i think we all owe him a huge debt of gratitude for all the work he's done here already over the last 3-4 years, and i know i certainly appreciate having someone trustworthy to turn to now that i can't contribute the way i want to. my chief regret is that i've let it go so long; i apologize to all of you for that. i also need to say thanks to calvin for his patience and understanding, as this decision was actually made about 2-3 months ago and i've just been unable to carry it out. (i was trying to get the admin tool reworked for him, but extra development time is literally nonexistent.)

just a quick note: for now, think of calvin as a site admin, or a moderator. please don't pester him with questions about design decisions, or complain about plane balance, because he doesn't have any special abilities or knowledge in those dimensions. personally, i'd love to see my teammates and i continue to reach out to the community more to help do things like balance, web design, and other key tasks. i think our evolution is in that direction--but it is very slow.

you guys are awesome.
-pl-

Post subject: Re: welcome calvin as moderator!
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 10:53 am 
Developer

Yippie!

<struggles to resist the temptation to edit phil's post to include some capital letters>