Register / Log in

Server Costs Jun

Ends in 12 days 0%
It is currently Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:51 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Doubling up crew - how do the effects work?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:37 pm 

Faction: Flight School
I know that every crew type has a maximum effect number (in most cases 2, though 1 is the cap for navigators) according to the wiki: http://skyrates.wikia.com/wiki/Crew

But when it comes to crew actually performing tasks, do both crew members contribute to the effects of the work reported in the log?

For example- I have two traders (lvl 6 & 4) and crew log says:
Quote:
Trader reduced buy tax by 16%

Did both traders contribute to that percentage? Or did just one of the traders reduce it by 16%?

Just wondering how much effect more crew has. Especially now that condition is- will doubling mechanics make a huge improvement?

Last edited by Gallen on Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:43 pm 

Just answered my own question about traders after reading trader level chart- 9.6 (lvl 6) + 6.4 (lvl 4) = 16%

Still curious about mechanics, though- with the rate at which condition drops I'm wondering if I should ground my diplomat and get another mechanic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:10 pm 
Cupid

Faction: Jade Hand

We're currently working on gathering data in this thread to see how mechanics and perception affect the rate of condition decrease. In order to figure it out, we need more data -- specifically, what pilots' mechanic and perception levels are, what kind of playstyle they have, and how fast their condition is decreasing. If you help contribute to that thread such as you can, we'll probably figure out the answer even faster. :smile:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:04 pm 
Sapphire Luminary

Gallen wrote:
Just answered my own question about traders after reading trader level chart- 9.6 (lvl 6) + 6.4 (lvl 4) = 16%

Still curious about mechanics, though- with the rate at which condition drops I'm wondering if I should ground my diplomat and get another mechanic.

Mechanics seem to help decrease the rate quite a bit (11 levels of mechs on my plane, and level 4 perc) but I can't say for sure. Since the effects aren't THAT serious on their own, and ones that directly effect mission-running are rather rare, I'd tend to think a diplo would help more (up to 20% more inf just from one diplo) if all you're worried about is mission payout.