Server Costs Sep

Ends in 16 days 0%
It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:20 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Hi, Airman with game questions
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:23 pm 

Faction: Flight School
Hi;

I am a new player and have earned a few points for battles done automatically. I have (fame, is it?) from carrying passengers and cargo and of course, trading. I want to say hello to all you fellow Skyrates

Question is when I am carrying valuable "Candy", and I meet those pirate baddies I get beaten up by 10's and 11's and beat 9's and under. Is this the game or will an upgrade help me win more. Would a new plane help? Where do I get mods, (Do I have to fight them myself to get them?)

About teams, Any invitations? I would not like to fly as a single wing forever.

Post subject: Re: Hi, Airman with game questions
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:40 pm 
Operations Director

Hello Kowalski,

The auto-resolver can win up to a certain level fight. If it is over the level, it will not win. A new plane will generally have a higher auto-resolver score if it is up a level. Also, if you are better at combats than the AR thinks you are, then you can manually fight to win. As for mods they will help you fight manually but will not increase your AR score which is tied to the plane.

Also, welcome!

-Victor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:54 pm 

I attracted an admin. Nice.

OK. I understand now. Are mods only found in manual combat? I haven't found any letting the auto-resolver choose. The page says some things are only found after combat.

And thanks for the welcome

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:13 pm 
Incarnation of Rock

Faction: Court of Violets

Devs are grey (and are the ones who run the game), he just has a fancy title.

Gun mods are found after battles only, and those are attached to individual guns on your plane. The little red arcs. The attached mods go away when you change planes, but not if you buy a different gun for that slot. Gun mods in your inventory stay until you discard them.

Upgrades modify your plane, and those are found on most skylands not in the starter area. Upgrading your flight license will show you more places you can fly to. Upgrades are automatically unequipped when you change planes, and you keep them until you choose to sell them.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:49 pm 
Cupid

Faction: Jade Hand

If you're interested in fighting combats, you should be able to win almost all battles once your plane is good enough. The best thing to spend your money on (after cargo) is a new plane in a higher tier. You probably don't want to buy new guns until guns are much less expensive than the next tier of plane.

Gun mods are free and are found after combats -- including auto-resolved ones. They may not appear as frequently after auto-resolved combats, however, and you certainly get fewer Combat Points from auto-resolved combats. Hiring a mechanic really helps you find mods. They're expensive to hire and pay, however, so consider focusing on buying new planes for a while first.

Team-wise, the big communities are the Factions. For instance, Victor and I are in Green, while Kar is in Violet. When you join a Faction, you gain access to their message board and their chat tab, and the missions you take help your Faction (and hurt the others). I'm sure any Faction would be happy to have you, so just look around and see which people you like best. Or decide based on color or RP flavor. It's all good.

The smaller groups are Wings. The only thing joining a wing gets you is a new chat tab where you can chat with the other people in that wing. As a result, it's generally a while before people join a wing, since wings are just a way to chat with friends. A good way to join a wing is to look for people who have similar interests, then send them a Private Message via the forum to see if you could join their wing, or if they'd like to join yours. It can take a while to find a wing that's a good fit for everyone involved.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:01 pm 
Helpful

Faction: Azure League

I once joined a wing with bacon. It was tasty, but later I had to switch to one with Science!.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:58 am 
Developer

Kippei wrote:
When you join a Faction, you gain access to their message board and their chat tab, and the missions you take help your Faction (and hurt the others).
It's worth noting, however, that all of the Factions are "in the same boat": are all fighting against the Hidden Fleet (see viewtopic.php?f=16&t=8619 , among several other posts).
This will (almost certainly) be the case until the next game reset.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:29 pm 

Also, as Kippei forgot to mention, the green faction (also known as the Jade Hand) is the best faction! If you join, you will make piles of money, and you will run the entire world!

The factions do not really affect the day to day game play, just the politics involving who controls the various skylands. People mostly join because they want to be in a community, and the Jade Hand is a great community!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:42 am 
Developer

Zhoec wrote:
Also, as Kippei forgot to mention, the green faction (also known as the Jade Hand) is the best faction! If you join, you will make piles of money, and you will run the entire world!
*Actual results may vary. Packed by weight - not by volume. Etc, etc.