Register / Log in

Server Costs Nov

Ends in 13 days 0%
It is currently Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:23 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

to what extent should guns be allowed in skytopia?
any/all. we live in a world shaped by pirates and war, after all 55%  55%  [ 76 ]
it's fine used in service to a pre-arranged story, but not suddenly or for vigilante moderation 39%  39%  [ 54 ]
not at all. there's simply no need, and guns come with too many problems 6%  6%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 138
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:12 am 
Dev Eyepatch

Faction: Flight School
I find it amusing that this thread is still about the presence of guns, and not at all about the original events that sparked it: how easily some people draw and use said guns, for the silliest of reasons.

Guns exist. Period. And if things exist, people will have them. End of story. It's what they DO with them that's the problem. A guy with a fully automatic .30 cal machinegun in control of himself is not nearly as problematic as the one that'll stab you in the eye with a pencil for looking at him funny.

Weapons are TOOLS. It's what people DO with them that's the issue, and then it doesn't matter if the 'tool' is a sword, a knife, a pistol, a rifle, an SMG or a ball-peen-hammer.

It's people that draw said tools and use them when there's no actual need - letting the weapon do their arguing for them - that scare the piss out of me IRL, and that cause me to not even want to be IC, in RP. I say this as a well-thinking (Atleast, I like to believe so), responsible adult and hobby shooter. That my chosen weapons are air rifles instead of firearms doesn't change a thing about the need for self-control and proper, safe, handling.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:02 pm 
Legend

Faction: Azure League

Very well put, Sadistica. I prefer high-power rifles to air rifles, but then again I do hunt often, and an air rifle doesn't quite suffice for the quarry.

For Captain Monreaux, I am not an admin, so I am not sure quite how that would be implemented, other than through probably an obscene amount of programming and account maintenance...it was merely an idea with a little different perspective, perhaps, that hopefully might have been a bridge to finding a compromise between both sides of this debate/issue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:41 pm 

My vote is to replace the shotgun behind the bar with a broadsword and put some kind of laptop device with it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:57 am 

My vote is to wonder just what your mom puts in your cereal in the mornings.
A sword is decent enough, but a /laptop/?
*shakes head no, plain and simple*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:54 pm 

Coffee of doom keeps a broadsword and a laptop behind the counter. I like to make QC references when I can.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:17 pm 

Faction: Azure League

I like to injure people for making QC references whenever I can.

Back to the topic. What's the best method we've come up with to handle clownhats in RP?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:56 pm 

Mixed martial arts and spears! Maybe throwing knives.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:57 pm 
Developer

sorry to be a pest, but can we move off-topic stuff to a thread elsewhere?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:23 pm 

I'm sorry to say just because you think guns are bad and you'd love to replace them it doesn't mean its going to happen.I'm a gun owner and my pistol has kept me from getting killed.And a lot of other people might not agree with you and gns are never going to leave if you try to get rid of them you will only Increase their chances of being used.You can carry a sword if you want but not the gun users and you can't make us stop using them.If kids see text about guns then let them.this is the onlygame people can get imagination and get away from the every day so there.you can chat and protest but the odds are against you.p.s. you guys should make a thread aganst grenades i'm not going to protest against you on that subject.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:28 pm 

You can protest about guns and how bad they are and howyour going to gget rid of them but you know some peopkle might not agree with you,if you ban guns you just going to increase there chances of being used,if kids see the text then they see it,if you ban guns then people will rebel i'm a gun user and my firearm has kept me alive,you can chat all you want its not going to happen.p.s. make a thread againt grenades i'll protest with you on that one and i'm not joking.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:30 pm 

:remymad:
Flower... 'your pistol'?
Maybe you're hoping we all have terrible memories, but you're the self-proclaimed younger sibling of Foxpelt, who claimed to be 13.
And you've certainly shown you're likely telling the truth in at least the arena of age on numerous occasions.
I doubt you own a pistol and very very much doubt you've had to use one in a life or death situation.
Feel free to comment in a constructive (i.e., not lying out of your bum) manner on this topic, such as something relevant to the actual game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:34 pm 

Acually i own a rifle a m1 garand its pretty heavy but my dad showed me how to use it and i'm protesting my rights and i have a right to just like you have the right to protest against it and how dare you use my age to for your use.I am a american and i have rights now get out of my face!!! :remymad:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:24 pm 
Developer

once more, with feeling

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4