Register / Log in

Server Costs Aug

Ends in 10 days 0%
It is currently Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:35 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:19 pm 

Faction: Flight School
I don't think there's an implied "all" before either "new players," "top traders," or "players striving upwards for better planes" in Kitteh's post, nor did she say "Lucinda doesn't like the new economy" or "Skyneck doesn't like the new economy," so perhaps it doesn't really count as "putting words in peoples' mouths" to any great extent. Generalizations aren't always meant to apply to every last single member of a group.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:37 am 

Faction: Flight School
Those generalizations make her claims seem unanimous and conclusive, when they are not at all.

I can tell by looking at the dailies that she is either not doing the same thing every day, or that the map is changing more than she thinks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:21 pm 
Cupid

Faction: Jade Hand

As a player who's been here since the beginning of the round and as someone who primarily does influence-running, I love the new economy. I can get across the map in about ten hours in my Spectre and feel nicely confident now about trading even luxes while on that ten-hour queue, and have never gotten burned by that yet. (Of course, since I'm running missions simultaneously, I'm never buying more than thirty crates of luxes at a time.)

Considering that I used to make my living by trading Bread from Green to Yellow, it doesn't depress me at all if the best route along my path is trading Ore from Purple to Green. It seems like there are a ton of routes like that now -- no, they aren't worth quite as much as trading Diamonds from Purple to Red for weeks at a time, but I never did that anyway. The new economy seems like it has a goodly amount of worthwhile trades along whatever route you happen to be flying, which is really nice.

So, for myself as an influence-runner who only trades casually for fun, this economy seems great. As the previous posts well say, though, I definitely don't want to dare speak for ALL casually-trading influence-runners. The more people we can get to speak out about their own findings, the better.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9