Server Costs Oct

Ends in 11 days 0%
It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:10 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Roleplay Forum
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:46 pm 
Snuggler

Faction: Flight School
Besides some organization in the bio forum, what else can we do to improve the forum roleplay?

I'll admit, it's my first time running one, so it's a bit of an alien experience for me. What can we do to get more people interested and playing?

More concrete goals for people to accomplish may be helpful, although originally I was hoping there would be a lot more freeform interaction between players (as in the Tavern). Does it need more events that start in Chat that then move to the forum? Or is it that the game's in a bit of a slump right now and needs some new features/people?

Post subject: Re: Roleplay Forum
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:10 am 
Pirate Hat

Faction: Earthen Order

One suggestion is a statement that it's okay to make really short posts in response to others, so people don't figure they have to write a thousand words every time. Fewer barriers to posting that way.

Post subject: Re: Roleplay Forum
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:24 pm 
Combat Guru

Faction: Azure League

Chesterfield Taft wrote:
More concrete goals for people to accomplish may be helpful, although originally I was hoping there would be a lot more freeform interaction between players (as in the Tavern). Does it need more events that start in Chat that then move to the forum? Or is it that the game's in a bit of a slump right now and needs some new features/people?

Since we do have the RP chat tab the forum will almost certainly be limited to more structured works since anyone with a few spare minutes can drop in there for a bit of free form RP. It's also harder to free form interact when reactions can be on the order of hours or days instead of seconds to minutes. The forum is better when you can lay out significant chunks at a time.

There is also the issue of game stagnation which has reduced the flow of player in and allowed some to wander off which doesn't help matters.

There is also, of course, my personal bugaboo regarding the deplorable state of what is and isn't canon and basic issues like how big is Skytopia, how big is a Skyland (both physically and population wise), why aren't jet engines forthcoming, etc.