Register / Log in

Server Costs Sep

Ends in 6 days 0%
It is currently Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:08 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: [Lhasa], Monument Square, Day 1
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:54 pm 
RP Canoneer

Faction: Crimson Armada

OOC: Sounds like a great idea

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:04 pm 
Messenger of Service

Location: Definitely NOT at work* (*=not true for all values of work)
Faction: Flight School
Matriarch Clara wrote:
"Blessings on you Nero, your charity is greatly appreciated."

OOC: Yes, bigger planes like the Kingfisher likely will accompany.

Question for people interested in pursuing this RP. Any interest on RPing part of the time spent on the journey? As in, we perhaps do one general post for 'the journey' rather than the 5 actual days, play a bit in there, and then move to the Barrens?

OOC: I am more than okay with that.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:32 am 

Matriarch Clara wrote:
"Blessings on you Nero, your charity is greatly appreciated."

OOC: Yes, bigger planes like the Kingfisher likely will accompany.

Question for people interested in pursuing this RP. Any interest on RPing part of the time spent on the journey? As in, we perhaps do one general post for 'the journey' rather than the 5 actual days, play a bit in there, and then move to the Barrens?

[[Works for me. :3]]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:07 pm 
Pirate Hat

Faction: Earthen Order

OOC: sounds good!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:38 pm 
Smashing Pumpkins

Faction: Independent

Turbo Lance wrote:
"Indeed, I feel much more comfortable heading out to the barrens knowing that the Black Sheep and other special forces will remain behind to continue the work of freeing Fleet-controlled skylands here."

(Just for the record, I'm staying behind too. I'm just too lazy to say so in character.)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:18 pm 

Acolyte Steven moved through the crowd with expert precision as he glanced over some papers in one hand while holding a slightly open briefcase against his chest with the other hand. Amazingly he didn't bump into anyone but moved around and between people with only short glances to guide him. He stopped just in front of Reverend Standfast, locking the briefcase, and holding out the papers.

"Everything is set sir," he said "the registration and organization charts are all here. We just need to finish loading up and we can start launching."

He let Standfast take the papers and waited as he looked over them. He opened the briefcase as soon as the Reverend nodded and said, “Most acceptable work.”

“Sir, if I may?” Acolyte Steven asked nervously as he filed and locked up the papers.

He let Reverend Standfast pull him aside so they were slightly out of view and waited for him to ask, “Yes?”

Steven took a deep breath and looked right into the old goats eyes. “I want to join them. I want to go to the Barrens.”

“Oh? And leave your duties here behind?” Reverend Standfast said very seriously as he eyed Steven. Steven wasn't sure what to respond with and held his breath. After a pregnant pause, Standfast smiled and said, “Of course you can! I expected that you would and was going to tell you to if you had not volunteered.”

“Thank you sir!” Steven exclaimed, a grin on his face.

“You're assigned to the Bull Runner. It’s a bomber and needs a good navigator. I saw that you had some experience with that so I thought it would be a good match.” Reverend Standfast said as he handed Steven an envelope. Steven opened the envelope and saw the paper inside detailed the assignment.

“Thank you sir!” Steven exclaimed, hugging the reverend in a quick embrace. He felt the old goat tense up, but then relax and pat him on the back.

"You are to first finish your assignment as my assistant...and make sure that my two travel cases make it on board to my quarters."

Stevens' eyes widened as he stared at the Reverend.

"Did ye think I'd trust so important an operation *only* to novices like yourself?"

With a wink and a slight cackle, Standfast strode out into the crowd.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:50 pm 
RP NPC

Reverend Standfast wrote:

"Did ye think I'd trust so important an operation *only* to novices like yourself?"

With a wink and a slight cackle, Standfast strode out into the crowd.

Steven waited for the reverend to be distracted with the crowd before leaping for joy and mouthing "Yes!" Once he landed he cleared his throat, looked around to see if anyone had seen him, and then walked off.

He first went and retrieved Reverend Standfast's personal travel cases and delivered them personally to his quarters aboard the largest of the barges that were going to undertake the long trip. It was a simple room, with just a bed and a desk. Steven wouldn't be surprised if it was the smallest room on board either, as it was just large enough to move around in. He double checked to be sure the room was correct, found that it was, and then locked it up. He gave the key to the captain of the barge, then left to prepare himself.

He went to his families home first, and had a private moment with them. He left satisfied to know they were proud of him and that everyone parted with words of love. He ran some quick errands to friends, mostly to say good bye, but found most of them had signed up to go anyway. When he reached his small apartment he was satisfied with the feeling that he had no regrets.

He spent the remainder of his time packing, taking only spare clothing, a towel, spare shoes, toiletries, pictures of family, and few travel sized books of holy writings. After locking up, he gave his neighbor the key, instructed her on how to feed his gold fish, and said good bye one finial time.

When he stepped aboard the Bull Runner he was greeted by a grinning stripped cat. He could tell he was the captain from the hat he was wearing, but there were no other indications. He was very causal, with sandals, shorts and a colorful shirt with flower print. "Welcome to the Bull Runner! I'm Captain Chester, you Steven?"

"Yes sir, Acolyte Rodger Steven at your service."

"Good, I had this plane ready hours ago, just waiting for you and orders to launch." The captain said as he walked deeper into the Bull Runner, "Please stow you gear in the proper places, in case of emergency, pray your hardest that we crash and do explode. If you need a drink, you should have brought it aboard, and here is where you can sleep while on board here, but I expect from the orders given that we will be rotating crews some how so you might have a place on the barge."

He stopped at a section of cargo netting that hung from the ceiling. Steven thanked the captain, who walked away to talk to other crew members. Many people moved past Steven, and a few of them stopped to say hello, he was left alone for the most part.

"So starts the adventure." He said to himself.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:12 pm 
Messenger of Service

Lynx Adorienne wrote:
He drifts back toward Cardinal Lance to discuss his plans. "I'm thinking start with the basic checklist - keeping your plane in top condition's going to be a lot more important out in the middle of the empty than when you're not more than minutes from a skyland where you can stop and repair. Some patrols, divide students up into brass and silver teams as aggressors/defenders, load 'em up with tracer ammo to cut down on actual damage. And maybe a late afternoon indoor Grimby tournament?

"At night, we should see if we can get the monks to talk about the Barrens. Get an idea of where we're going and what we'll be facing when we get there."

"All excellent ideas," Turbo nods at Lynx, somewhat distracted as he looks around the square expectantly. If he is going to join, he should get here soon

Returning full attention to the Chancellor, Turbo continues.
"If you were not here, I would be much more concerned about the young ones. As it is, I am sure we can keep them alert but not too nervous. I am happy to help gather the monks for storytime, there are some great tales I want to hear again myself. For now, I think we best get everyone on their transport. "

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:16 am 

A tall ferret dressed in the combat uniform of the Crimson Armada approaches one of the sign-up stations, which have slowly become more sparsely populated as the day wears on. Athrawes and his entourage move quickly and quietly, perhaps a bit embarrassed by the lateness of their arrival - in spending his time in an Ingersoll, the young Colonel had forgotten how slowly Bismarcks moved, and slightly miscalculated his arrival time.

Nevertheless, the band of street gangsters turned merchants turned soldiers who walked to the table did so proudly, glad to protect and serve. Whether or not this was an Armada or Empire sanctioned mission they were unsure, but they knew that they would be getting a chance to fight for the protection of those who needed it, which was all they asked.

When they reached the monk taking tames in his large logbook, Athrawes saluted and addressed him. "Colonel Athrawes of the Crimson Armada reporting for duty. I hear you may have a need for some security and combat forces."

As he spoke, the roar of the Bismarck Seijinhome's engines were a testament to the sort of security he would provide.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:55 pm 

Rushed up, gasping for breath while holding several suitcases, with the beleaguered doe Grace Hemingway equally weighed down coming up behind him.

"Waiting to the last minute, as always..." She muttered under her breath.

Ben managed to get out a sheet of paper from his long coat and glanced at the scrawl. "Okay, the building crew is over on this barge. You know, my first contact with the Order was when they came to rebuild my home after a storm, I'm glad to return the favor."

Grace nods to Ben, "Where the Fleet is involved, I suspect they'll be plenty of broken buildings...and lives." She adds soberly.

Ben sighs, "I hope my little experience in emergency rebuilding and teaching can be put to good use. Alright Grace, here' the line, now where was my ID?"

He fumbles through his coat again, pulling out a sheet of paper, not the correct one. But he smiled at it nonetheless, taking a moment to put it to his black nose, taking in the familiar scent of a certain impala. The buck then put the paper back and, with a smile on his face, waited for his turn to board.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:36 am 
Pirate Hat

Faction: Earthen Order

Turbo Lance wrote:
"All excellent ideas," Turbo nods at Lynx, somewhat distracted as he looks around the square expectantly. If he is going to join, he should get here soon

Returning full attention to the Chancellor, Turbo continues.
"If you were not here, I would be much more concerned about the young ones. As it is, I am sure we can keep them alert but not too nervous. I am happy to help gather the monks for storytime, there are some great tales I want to hear again myself. For now, I think we best get everyone on their transport. "

"Of course, Cardinal." The lynx looks over his shoulder, notes the arrival of new Skyrates. "Looks like we have some new visitors. I'll let you meet 'n greet, while I go wrangle our faculty and students."

He waves with a smile to the newcomers, though with a considering look to the Crimson Armada markings on the Bismarck. Hmm. I wonder what this portends?

But more important to get students packing for their trip. "Remember, it's a five day trip but the war won't be won in a day - pack your clothes, toothbrush and toothpaste, shower supplies, and some emergency rations and camping gear in case you get separated! We'll issue sidearms for self-defense if you don't already have one, Professor Laird will conduct a basic firearms safety class..."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:28 pm 

[[Just wanted to say I'm still here, still participating in this. I'm just at a bit of a loss as to what to do for the moment. Character is pretty much just prepping for take-off all this time, so I'll post something if that changes. :worry: ]]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:35 pm 
Messenger of Service

((Glad you are here.... feel free to jump in on the newer thread now that we have taken off

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=9249))

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2