Server Costs Jun

Ends in 7 days 0%
It is currently Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:13 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: [Scarlet Blade], Conference Room, Day 1
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:05 am 
Dev Eyepatch

Faction: Crimson Armada

Den writes rapidly on his notepad as people speak. He glances up as Ronan enters. "I have some spare funds I can kick into the pot," he says to the Senator. "Not as much as I'd like. I- ah-" he looks down at his pad and mumbles "-gotta buy a new plane."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:02 pm 

Faction: Flight School
"Very well. So we have so modicum of funds that we can draw from, but what of manpower? And how to direct them?"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:30 pm 

Senator Fenriq arrives, late as usual, and asks for a quick summary of what's happened to this point as he settles himself into an unoccupied chair near one of the exits. His rapier rattling loudly against the metal chair leg and momentarily drawing all of the eyes in the room to himself.

"Yes, yes, sorry I'm late, what have I missed?"

Politics and affairs of state always made Fenriq grouchier than usual and having to sit in on a large gathering like this one made him suspicious and a little paranoid of an enemy attack. What better way to chop off the head of the Red faction than to gather all of its leaders in one place and then bomb it?

In fact, Fenriq decided to make sure for himself that the security in place was up to snuff and slipped back out of his chair (silencing his rapier this time) to slip out one of the side doors.

See this? This is my BOOMSTICK!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:46 pm 
True Friend

The March Hare stares in bemusement after the Senator. He reaches up and readjusts his glasses, re-focusing on the topic before them.

"The cost of the operation is a matter of little note. If we come to dire straights, significant donations to our wars may become mandatory for all citizens and soldiers," the Hare pauses a moment to smile in contemplation of having to enforce a donation, "With respect to our sources of manpower, this can be drawn from many places. For a small, confidential operation, it shouldn't be too hard for such leaders as our dear Field Marshal Jarnhann and Colonel Spitfire to find reliable pawns to carry out our orders." The deified Senator frowns and puts down his cup. "Of course if we do end up with a larger operation planned, I assume all of us will lay our existences on the line to carry out taking out the Hidden Fleet's leaders."

'Oh, you can't help that,' said the cat. 'We're all mad here.'

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:50 pm 
RP Canoneer

"What about a small force of out best? Why involve the least experienced when we, in this very room, could most certainly carry out this operation."

Nero Sr. looks from person to person before continuing.

"I don't mean to eliminate the leadership of this faction, but if you want a job done right why not do it yourself?"

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:14 am 
Flight Master

[OOC]

So it sounds there are a few potential options being thrown around, and we should start narrowing down on the maneuver that the Armada carries out.

1) A large force that hammers down on the Fleet
2) A small strike force that attempts an infilitration
3) Hybrid maneuver, large force distracts, smaller force infiltrates.

In these, we have a few potential players

1) Current forces
2) Pirate allies
3) New recruits
4) Player characters

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:45 pm 
Field Marshal

The as yet, relatively silent Field Marshal swivelled his head, and examined each of the individuals sitting in the room. With a silent, massive shrug, he finally broke his silence.

"...Any course o' action we take will see me pers'n'lly involved. Gen'rally, I suggest ye thin' long an' 'ard 'bout what we'll need tae dae on t'counterattack."

With a shrug, he slides out several reams of paper to the various members at the table- all known dispositions of the fleet, various technical readouts and spec sheets on the numerous fleet craft, and the dispositions of the Armada and her allies are all at the finger tips of those assembled.

"...'Twere it I, I'd suggest a mixed response. Hammer an' ice pick, if'n ye will. The body of the Armada, wit' t' Blade, strikes out at forward positions. Meanwhile t'pirates an' more mobile units, fast strikers an' wha' not, hit t' fleets soft spots, such as they may be. Get in, an' cause 'avoc behin' t'en'my lines."

Field Marshal of the Crimson Armada, and Imperial Senator

Governor of Echo

Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:31 pm 
True Friend

Phédre turns look at Markus as he finally speaks. She nods once he's done and adds in her agreement.

"Yes, that would work well. And as for involvement, I would like to volunteer to lead the smaller, fast striking team, perhaps with Mrs. Kanika's help. I'm sure some of our Pirate allies would be less than thrilled to take orders directly from the Armada. It's one thing to lend aid when in need and another to risk your life for someone you don't know or care about."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:00 pm 
True Friend

[[ooc: For some reason I am unable to log in as Jen right now so bear with me.]]

Jendayi smiles at the Senators. "Yes, I think that would work well. We can give them something which they cannot afford to ignore while the smaller force goes in after the real target."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:03 pm 
True Friend

The March Hare sits quietly as the others discuss the possible plans. He sighs when Jendayi finishes. He would have preferred to have kept the Red Faction's main army out of any major battles against the Fleet, in preparation for their continual wars with the other factions. He would have to join the war against the Hidden Fleet, now; to do otherwise would be dishonorable.

He speaks, "If you do not mind, Phedre, I'll join you in the striking team. It is against my nature to face an enemy face to face, and my plane is not designed for heavy firefights anyway."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:10 am 
Dev Eyepatch

Den looks up from his notes and takes a deep breath. "I will fly with The Blade. I'm sure I can get the armour of my Spectre beefed up enough." He pauses for a moment, then smirks. "Anyway, all the hero spaces on the strike team are filled."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:56 am 

Kain leans forward and lightly taps Senator Spitfire on the shoulder before whispering to her,

"Perhaps I could be of use managing the finances of the various expeditions, but that would require a certain amount of openness on the part of the teams that they may not agree to coming from an unknown such as myself. You of course you catch my meaning Senator, I am open for any position I am capable of filling as needed."

He allows a rare, tight smile onto his face at this last comment before resuming his usual neutral expression and straight-backed posture.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:25 pm 
True Friend

Phédre smirks at Kain and quickly puts the completely inappropriate response she was so close to saying out of her mind. Instead she nods and quietly replies, "Thank you, Kain, we'll have more to talk about after the meeting, but as always your support and efforts and greatly appreciated."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:51 pm 
Field Marshal

"Fly where ye will, lads and ladies. I'll be headin' where commanded, as I al'ays dae." With that, the burly Marshal, Senator, and Leader rose, gathering up his things, and turning towards the others. "...I've prep'rations tae make, either way. T'Zweihander will be flyin' out tae engage t'enemy as needed."

With a salute to The Admiral, and then to the others, the massive form shifted, and headed towards the door...

Field Marshal of the Crimson Armada, and Imperial Senator

Governor of Echo

Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:25 am 

Faction: Independent

Jendayi nods to the large bear as he departs and turns to Fuseli. "Yes, it appears the Field Marshall has a point here, Admiral. We have reached a consensus on the tactic to use, and now we just need you to tell us who you want where and when we strike."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:16 pm 
Glorious General

The old fox nods his head gravely, "Very good. I feel this plan offers us the best chance of success and continual peace and security to the Skytopian people."

"We will divide up our resources into a larger force to distract their armaments, and a smaller elite strike team to infilitrate their primary platforms."

"So far it sounds like Batty Den will be part of the larger force, while Phedre and Hare have volunteered for the strike team."

Fuseli looks across the room, "I want us to move fast on this. We may not have this opportunity again. Any who feel capable of joining the strike team, meet up in Levernius Hangar in 10 hours to be suited up. You will be the Needle."

The Admiral reached below the desk and drew out a map of Skytopia. The Armada had some of the finest cartographers who were able to react quickly whenever a wayward storm shifted the Skylands. Fuseli pointed a finger at one area of the map.

"All others, you'll be part of the larger fleet, the Hammer. I want you to mobilize your forces to rendezvous at this location 9 hours from now. This force will then split into 3 contingents. Two will goad and then flank the Fleet, and the third will provide a screening cover for the Needle's transport."

"Are we clear?"

[OOC: We're not going to select for players which team to join. Pick the one you think you'll enjoy most. We'll play both of them]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:45 pm 
True Friend

Phedre nods once, stands and salutes. "Yes, sir! I'll report to the hangar in 10 hours. I'll also call in some of my team I feel are suited for the job."

With that the arctic vixen picks up her briefcase and departs the conference room.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:47 pm 

Faction: Independent

The giant tigress all stands up, though she would never feel right saluting.

"Admiral it's been a pleasure. I'll get my things together and ask for volunteers from my people. We'll be there in 10 hours, ready for a fight."

Jendayi nods her head to all those still present and makes a quick exit.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:18 pm 
True Friend

The March Hare gets up and stretches. He nonchalantly yawns and then slowly smiles at the Admiral. The deified Senator walks towards the door, his feet making the barest whisper of sound on the floor beneath him. He opens the door and says to the old leader behind him, "Aye, Ignacious. We'll follow you this once."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:29 pm 
Dev Eyepatch

Den tucks his notes under he left arm as he stands, then leans over to look at the map. He writes the coordinates on his pad, and says "Understood, Sir!. I'll be there in 9 hours." He salutes the Admira and makes his way out of the conference room, turns and heads for the hangar where his Spectre is parked. After taking a few steps down the hall from the conference room he breaks into a big grin and shouts happily "Wah-ha! It's Hammer time!"