Register / Log in

Server Costs Dec

Ends in 13 days 0%
It is currently Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:12 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: [Air], Armada Coordinates, Day 1.5
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:22 pm 

Faction: Flight School
The March Hare sits back in his new seat not even bothering to strap himself in for security. The X-36 had been fun but didn't have the speed that he liked in his planes. In front of him now sits the real pilot, still pale from their many brushes with death.

Phedre's voice comes over the radio. The deified Senator leans forward and grabs the radio before the pilot can pick it up and turns it on, "We are ready and waiting, Colonel. Let's go hunt some fleet."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:10 pm 
Dev Eyepatch

Faction: Crimson Armada

Den performs a classic wing-over and dives straight at a group or enemy aircraft. Over the intercom comes a laugh. "HA HA! Now do a loop!" calls the rear gunner.

"Shut up, Riley," mutters Den as he lines up a Ring in the sights of the howitzers. He squeezes the trigger on the control yolk, and the Spectre shudders as twin streams of shells blast chunks of armour from the enemy plane. It does that weird sideways shuffle to avoid the shells, but a segment of ring is blown away at the last moment.

Den pulls back on the control column as they streak past the plane. There is a rattle from the rear turret and Riley rakes the Ring with heavy machine gun fire, then a brief orange flash from the rear. Cheers erupt over the intercom.

"Hoo-wah! That got 'im!"

"One down," mutters Den.

"A thousand to go," finishes Pappy, the old mechanic.

There are five loud "Spangs!" as cannon shells rake the the Specter as it rolls and dodges. A Triangle comes into the cross-hairs...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:46 am 
True Friend

{ooc: So I wasn't really sure how to explain how they physically landed on the platform without detection, so I kinda glazed over that part, if you have any ideas let me know and I'll add it in.}

Phédre takes a deep breath before her voice sounds once more over the radio, "Maneuver Omega, go!" Almost immediately the X-36 shoots ahead at a good clip toward the target.

Phédre matches the speed and keeps her plane well above the fray, high in the clouds, as they approach the target. In no time they've reached the platform and using the information from the decoded Fleet Transmissions they monitor that frequency as both planes approach and land. Without so much as a peep of recognition of their presence both planes manage to dodge the fighting completely and land successfully.

Once her own plane is down Phédre hurries out with Jendayi and her team in tow. They landed on the opposite side of the platform from the X-36 and Hare. The plan being two separate, smaller teams going at the target from two different paths, and hopefully one will succeed. Phédre finds the maintenance hatch just were the layouts said it would be opens it, letting the pirate rat drop down first and check it out. A few moments later she reports back the all clear and the whole team enters the inner workings of the Platform.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:06 am 

The x-36 lands carefully on the platform. The March Hare watches as the pilot and crew get out of the aircraft before getting out, screwing on silencers to his guns while waiting. The Senator was not one to take chances, he did not wish die, one death had been enough for anyone.

"Pilot," he says, "stay with the ship; we'll need a quick escape route." The god reaches into his suit, pulling out a folded stack of documents. Glancing over them quickly, The March Hare grins and points to a door on the far side of the hanger. "That should be our best bet. Move out, carefully. I'd hate to have to explain to Phedre why I didn't come back with some of you."

{*Ooc: Edited for Family friendliness, although even Disney has deaths in it, Scar's and Ursula's deaths were about as gruesome as they come. And blowing up planes is fine as long as it isn't personal? A battle without bodies, can do. :razz: }

Last edited by Jehovah on Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:16 pm 
Flight Master

[OOC: Okay folks, summarize some things for me. Who here is staying in the air to keep attacking the Fleet, and who is part of the infiltration party? So far I've got:

Air:
Batty Den, Kain?

Infiltration:
Jendayi, Phedre, Hare
About how many people do you all have with you?

Re: infiltration
I'd say for the approach, you can use the Fleet Transmissions a bit, but the majority of your ability to get on board is because everyone else here (and there's a LOT of Armada that will be flying here) is distracting them. The Needle essentially lost itself in the crowd of planes that attacked a platform, and then broke away to land on it, while the rest of the 'Hay' spread out and dispersed itself.

Re: Hare killing a soldier
This will need editing. The Fleet platforms and the majority of the Fleet have been conspicuously absent of people. You will find a lot of automated weaponry and turrets, but for now, no warm bodies.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:55 pm 
True Friend

/ooc So fixed post, should meet any criteria for family friendliness if perhaps not excitement.

I was thinking 3 or 4 crew, not counting the pilot, on my side. Although it's Phedre's ship so she's more informed about the crew members/members of the black rogers in it than me. :)

'Oh, you can't help that,' said the cat. 'We're all mad here.'

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:04 am 
Dev Eyepatch

(ooc: In the air, uncle Gilbert, but not describing the dogfight since it's all shoot and dodge, take some down, take some damage. I'll drop back into the story when something more than distracting the Fleet is required.)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:21 pm 
True Friend

{ooc: I have four in my half of the infiltration team. Hare can decide how many NPC's he wants to have with him. Phe, Jen, and two NPC pirates are my team. }

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:55 pm 
Field Marshal

(OOC: Airborne. Probably staying on the bridge of the Blade, to serve in an advisory/coordination capacity, unless needed to go out. Then I'll remember that I'm all out of gum.)

Field Marshal of the Crimson Armada, and Imperial Senator

Governor of Echo

Dum Spiramus Tuebimur