It is currently Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:05 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: [Air], Hand Coordinates, Day 1.5
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:50 pm 
Flight Master

Faction: Flight School
Quote:
OOC:

This thread will be the start of the Jade Hand's air maneuver.

Note for latecomers: You should by all means feel welcome to jump into the action even if you weren't there for the beginning of it.

The Fleet sat like a gaggle of fat geese on the surface of the ocean. While the cloudy air above seemed still, the waves swelled and crashed upon one another, causing the Fleet's platforms to rise and fall again and again.

The Jade Fan lurked deep beneath the waves, her silent view ports seeming to gaze upwards at the intruders to Skytopia. The only sign of her presence was an occasional column of bubbles that betrayed some form of activity occurring in the depths.

Post subject: Re: [Air], Hand Coordinates, Day 1.5
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:03 pm 

Faction: Jade Hand

Redstorm radios Marcus, "Looks like were all set." He taps the compass, "Should be there soon."

Former Governor of Alpha 2
Former Governor of Eltsina

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:15 pm 
Flight Master

OOC: Whoops. I just realized that Phreshwater is in the wrong thread. He is intended to be in the Armada roleplay thread.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:42 pm 
Mentor

Redstorm Breckenridge wrote:
Redstorm radios Marcus, "Looks like were all set." He taps the compass, "Should be there soon."

The radio hail is answered by a very pleasant female voice, as the resident voice of the Vulture, Jennifer Krijgsman-McKinney, replied, "Roger. Navigation and weather report smooth skies, with a chance of showers. Nothing we can't handle." She said, cheerfully. She clicked off the radio to confer with Marcus, "Redstorm radioed in." and Marcus gave a nod as he answered, "Good." he patted the railing near him, "I need another miracle, sweetie." he asked, mostly to the Vulture herself.

"Time to destination?" he asked, and the navigation station replied, "Sir, arrival in ten minutes, thirty seconds. Sir." and the fox nodded as he took a position by the helm. "Ex-Oh, I have the comm." And the rabbit who held the helm wheel nodded and stepped sideways. "Aye, you have the comm."

"Dive officer, at two fifteen to destination, set your dive to eight degrees, and sound dive. Course and speed unchanged." he ordered, then picked up an intership comm. "Kratos, old dog, you awake back there."

The bellow came through the mic loud and clear, "Awake and ready. Give the word, brother." and Marcus couldn't help but smile. "In five, load up the belts. Don't peel back the hull until the one minute mark, though." and the large scarred boar replied his agreement before he hung up the mic, "You heard the man, get your tails in gear!" as he lined up the gunners.

"Today, we sail into history. Today, we sail against the Fleet!" he started with a pacing march, "For too long, they've used stealth and surprise to their advantage, I say, today, we strike the fear of thunder and Magnus into their hearts! Today, we will show them that the reason they hide isn't to gain a tactical edge, and it isn't to strike first... Today, we show them that the reason they hide, is so the Iron Vulture doesn't know where to hunt them!"

The gunnery crew exploded into a chorus of hoots and howls, echoing along the pipes, through the engine compartment, over the screams of the pistons and engines, over the rumble of the fans and turbines, and into every heart and soul aboard the Bismarck.

Marcus smirked, and clicked the radio to Redstorm, so he could hear the state of readiness aboard the Vulture. The howls, the cheers... "This is the Bravo Victor X-Ray Seven Niner Niner, the Iron Vulture. At the ready." and he clicked off the mic. Victoria, his Executive Officer, looked over to him with a smirk. "Give the order, sir."

Chancellor Marcus Cunningham

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:28 pm 

(OOC: I truly had shivers when I read that! Not sure how to follow that one.)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:35 pm 
Mentor

(OOC: I truly had shivers when I read that! Not sure how to follow that one.)

(OOC: *Picks Red's jaw up* Sorry, I let my inner author out. :razz: )

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:17 am 

Redstorm looks around in the little Nova, and thinks to himself "Sure is lonely in here..." He grabs the radio "Any word on the progress of the воды (Water) Team?" At that moment the nova jolts a little, "Dang weather causing me to hit my head..." He radios to Marcus "Whats with the rough flying? These novas aren't strapped in you know." At that point the ferret places the mic back in its slot and continues to mumble something about his head and how this is a silly little plane.

(OOC: Wanted to say water in a way that any listening HF ppl would not understand.)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:15 am 
Mentor

Redstorm looks around in the little Nova, and thinks to himself "Sure is lonely in here..." He grabs the radio "Any word on the progress of the воды (Water) Team?" At that moment the nova jolts a little, "Dang weather causing me to hit my head..." He radios to Marcus "Whats with the rough flying? These novas aren't strapped in you know." At that point the ferret places the mic back in its slot and continues to mumble something about his head and how this is a silly little plane.

"Sorry Red, but I can only control the economy. The weather is a different department." Marcus joked back, "No word on that Grimby team of your's yet, their game hasn't started yet, but relax. As soon as your favorite key players take the field I'm sure to let you know." Marcus sounded like he was making fun of Redstorm for following the most popular sport in Skytopia, but perhaps there was more to his reply then meets the ear.

Marcus puts the mic back, and looks across the bridge, and further, out the plate windows to the scene before. Dark clouds gathered, and for a moment the fox was lost in thought. "A storm's coming..." he muttered, and his second in command gave a nod, "Aye, sir, and when it gets here, we'll teach it how to thunder." Marcus turned and smirked, "And to think I hired you for your tactical background, when all this time you were secretly a poet." he teased, and Vicky gave a nod, "Rule seven, always have an ace up your sleeve. Right?"

He gave a nod and a smile, a play right out of his own playbook. "Indeed. Navigation." He turned to the light-table with several maps, and a trio of ferrets. "Time to destination?"

"Sir, five minutes, sir!"

Marcus gave a nod. "Everything begins now." he turned to the other side of the bridge, "Dive officer, hold for two fifteen mark. If you have to go to the bathroom, well, now's the time." He joked, and the dive officer laughed... then thought, then turned to his relief. The relief dive officer nodded and manned the station while the senior dive officer excused himself from the bridge.

In the gunnery pits of the Bismarck-Class dreadnought, shells are loaded and belts of ammo are being fed to their respective cannons and gun arrays. The massive boar, covered in ritual scars, carries two of the five inch shells himself, and loads them personally. Each shell was specially picked, having obscenities and such painted on the casings. One even went so far as to have the 'Directions to Hell' written on it. Once the ammo was prepared, the gunnery master addressed his crew.

"Who here among you bears the mark of a Fleet Seeker?" the boar asked, holding up his forearm to show two wavy, thin scars running from wrist to elbow. Some of the gunners proudly displayed theirs, while others didn't. They seemed disappointed.

"Well tonight, you earn them." He bellowed, "Tonight you earn what no admiral, or king, or GOD can take from you! A scar earned is a badge for your soul, and when you get tired of living, or when you're ready for the next adventure, you'll stand in line in Hell next to Admirals and Pirates, who leave all their medals in the dirt with their bodies. They'll be naked, cold, and afraid of what's to come. But you boys... You'll be more then ready! You'll have your medals with you forever!" The boar said as he stood in the cast glow of the dim illumination, his own form a scarred road-map to Hell itself. "And when the Devil asks you what sins you did in life, you can look the Devil in his beady red eyes and say... " He paused, then he and his crew called out, in unison, "Look for yourself."

{OOC: Hope you don't mind, Red. I'm making these the longest ten minutes in history in case anyone else is joining the fray}

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:35 am 

(OOC: Fine by me, I'm searching for ways to stall.)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:00 pm 
Flight Master

OOC:

Was hoping to get a bit more action going on in the below water thread. We'll start this thread moving tomorrow regardless.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:18 am 
Mentor

Lord Gilbert wrote:
OOC:

Was hoping to get a bit more action going on in the below water thread. We'll start this thread moving tomorrow regardless.

(OOC: Maybe the underwater thread people are waiting for us to start the distraction? Maybe? )

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:17 pm 

(OOC: Might make sense seeing as we are to draw the fleets attention away from the sea.)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:38 pm 
Ninja Suit

Ex finishes the final touches to the armor upgrades and the weapon outfits and as the others take to the sky he nonchalantly walks into the cockpit of "Volaticus" to the annoyed sighs of Pilot,

"You know you could have had those done hours ago, but instead you choose to fiddle around, tweaking a little here, tweaking a little there, when you should have been making yourself more useful. For instance lifting a 200 lb. hook off the ground so that your Pilot doesn't have to struggle alone for ten minutes on it..."

In her rant Pilot accidentally managed to flip the radio transmitter on so everyone could hear her starting at the first "tweaking" and Ex's reply is equally clear,

"My deepest apologies dear Pilot, why if you had only asked I would have been there in moments to assist you with your endeavors. That being said I think you will come to appreciate my tweaking's if this battle turns out anything like I imagine that it will. Now I will set up in the gunning room so if you would like to yell at me some more I will be in there, oh and it looks like the radio transmitter is on as well."

At this Pilot turns bright red and looks caught between an explosion of rage or tears which she quickly controls and flips the radio off before responding, "No that will be all thank you very much, go get ready to shoot things out of the sky."

Ex hastily retreats to the weapons control bay chuckling as he leaves, but most assuredly not loud enough for Pilot to hear, oh no definitely not even almost loud enough for her to hear. The engines rev and the rotors thump as they take to the sky in anticipation of the events of this coming day.

[OOC: Sorry this took so long, had a large homework bomb put in my lap lol.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:15 pm 
Flight Master

On the surface of the ocean, one of the platforms slowly begins to turn. It flickers momentarily, as the sound of various gears and pistons grates against the sound of the waves.

With its cannons pointed in the direction of the oncoming pilots, it quietly waits.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:10 am 

Redstorm does his final checks on the planes in the cargo bay, then climbs back in the one he claimed as his. He grabs the mic "Marcus, all the planes and pilots here are ready. On your command."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:34 am 
Mentor

Marcus checked the countdown. Three minutes. Everything started now.

"Vicki, sound general stations." he started, then turned towards his radio operator, "Jen, get on the intraship, get me a go no go from each department." and the rabbit smiled and nodded, as she ran down her mental checklist. One by one the ship reported readiness, and bit by bit Redstorm saw the friendly and courteous staff make the transition to a battle-ready force. This craft had repelled pirate invasions on countless occasions, and the scars of those battles showed everywhere, from her crew, to her hull.

In the cargo bay of the Vulture, the entire attitude seemed to change. Redstorm would see the crew diverting the bombing rack feed rails away from the usual rescue buoys and towards covered racks, which when the tarp was removed, revealed bombing rails, and the Vulture showed no shortage of munitions. Once the racks were moved over, one of the cargo handlers picked up a radio from the wall. "This is cargo. Go." then made his way to where Redstorm's plane was making its final preparations, and knocked on the cockpit window. Once answered, the crewhand gave Red some final instructions.

"We're coming in on a strafing run, after an acceleration dive. Boss says the dive'll put us right past them after a few shots, like whacking hornet's nests with pencils, he said. When *that light*..." he pointed it out to Red, "... turns yellow, the cargo doors'll open in *ten seconds*." he gestured, "... so that's your signal to start your engine. When that light turns green, you go!"

All around the Bismarck there was a bustle of activity. Everyone had a job, everyone knew what to do. Lucas and the kitchen staff secured the various doors and hatches, then went to the various tables and chairs in the lounge. The tables telescoped down into the floor, while the chairs were gathered up and stored in a closet. Once all the supplies and sliding doors were secured, Lucas got on the mic, "Dis is dah ki'chin. Go."

In the heart of the Vulture, the Engineering section, Yvonne and her crew gave everything a final once over. As their section had to be in working order nearly constantly, lest the craft plummet to her doom, there was little to prepare for. Marcus would no doubt be asking them to get out and push, just to squeeze every last drop of speed from the massive craft, and with that thought in mind, she gave a giggle as she gave a button near the radio two presses.

A light lit up on Jennifer's radio console, though she'd never see it. Vicki had her eye on the console for just this reason. "Sir, Engineering reports go."

The gunnery section long ago loaded up their belts and shells, and committed their hearts and souls to the battle to come. The scarred boar picked up the intraship with a smile, "The fives and eights are set. Gunnery stands ready."

Marcus picked up the intraship once all stations reported Go. "This is the captain. Today, we sail against the Fleet. Normally, any member of the Jade Hand would welcome foreign visitors to our shores as diplomats, but the Fleet came as our enemies from day one, and they have never stopped proving their intent from that day. We strike back, not just for our own sake, but for the thousands of innocent Skytopians they have murdered, and for the tens of thousands of families they've personally destroyed. For all the homeless, the weary, the fearful... today, for them, we take back the skies. Kratos... Shoot to kill. Jen... Keep your ears open. Yvonne... we're all counting on you. Red... Try not to die." he smirked, and it could be heard in his voice. He patted the rail next to him softly, "Old bird... keep us safe." then he looked upwards, "Magnus... bring us home."

"SIR!" one of the bridgehands reported, lowering his binoculars, "Activity in the water!"

Marcus checked the countdown... and gave a nod.

"Dive officer, sound the dive." and a tone sounded across the entirety of the Iron Vulture, as crewmembers everywhere found something to hold onto, as everyone's stomachs slowly crept into their chest. As the craft began her rapid descent, the gunnery crews stood ready, with the boar's eyes on the countdown. "Seventy seconds to deploy!"

"Sir, aren't you worried they'll open fire?" the bridgehand observer asked, and Marcus smiled, "The Vulture's bigger then the standard Bismarck, and with the dive assist, we'll probably hit four, maybe five hundred kilos per hour for a few seconds. They're going to visually target us, and either miss horribly, or hit the mark, and then we'll find out how good their main guns are."

(OOC: For clarification Red: Vulture dives, levels out, blazes past the Fleet flotilla and hands out gunshot, then deploys fighters :) )

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:06 am 

Redstorm has cold shivers of excitement as he feels the incline of the dive. The ferret has only one thought, "Yellow engine, Green GO!"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:41 am 
Ninja Suit

Aboard "Volaticus" there is a somewhat harsh silence hanging in the air, not the silence of anticipation, not the silence of emptiness and most definitely no the silence of fear, no today any who could see would bear witness to a silence brought about by the sheer efficiency of several bodies moving in perfect unison as if their dance through the halls, bays and quarters had been perfectly choreographed for this moment. In a sense every fight before this one had been a practice of such moves and as with all dance practices some days had been better than others, but today practice became perfect and the machine strove forward.

Slowly a song can be heard filling the ship, echoing down the hallways and into every room. It comes not from somewhere but from everywhere and this is the song that sails the ship. This is the song that tells everyone what's happening and what to do, it eliminates the need for radios or communication by any means other than verse and it is very effective.

This ship filling sounds has it's origins in only three places, in the weapons control room a low bass rumble emanates from the large boar in a series of thrums and stops that seem to keep time for some unheard haunting melody.

In the cockpit the unheard melody becomes all too clear as the war song of ancient warrior people comes forth from the throat of a fox far removed from that people and fills the ears of all close by.

Finally in the engine room a suprisingly complex harmony rises from the lips of a tiny female mole as she makes ready her seat of power and as the bass signals the countdown, the harmony quickens in anticipation.

As the Vulture begins it's dive Pilot places the Volaticus squarely beneath her belly, about 50 yards removed and 100 feet behind ready to unleash an almost simultaneous rain of destruction upon the main batteries of the platform.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:59 pm 
Flight Master

As the Vulture begins its rapid descent, the five platforms begin to hum with activity, their great engines pulling in water from the sea and air from all around them. Great plumes of thick cloud begin to vent around them as the air starts to fill with electricity.

The platform closest to the Vulture's advance, the one that had turned to meet it, launches itself into the air with surprising velocity, opening fire with all of its guns. The great salvos fly wildly through the sky, hitting the empty pocket of air where the Bismarck used to be.

The weapons of the assembled fighters and carrier let loose on the Fleet, raining down a hail of terrible damage, causing one of the platforms to briefly explode with fire before it vanishes without a trace.

As the Vulture begins to clear the flotilla, a great roll of thunder fills the air as the first platform launches more bombs from its rear guns. While these missiles narrowly miss the Bismarck's engines, they cause severe damage to the starboard propellers.

[OOC: Vulture descended, fired. First platform fired, but missed. One platform was destroyed. First platform fires again, hits the right propellers of the Bismarck (the ones useful for stabilizing it. The first platform is in the air, one is destroyed, and the other three are beginning to lift off.]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:15 pm 
Mentor

The Iron Vulture blazes through the Fleet flotilla, her cannons filling the air with doom and oblivion as they made their strafing run. As the first cannon fired, the aforementioned Yellow Light lit up. Anxiety and tension rose as the cannon fire echoed through, and the first wave of explosions set cheers throughout the halls of the Bismarck.

That is, until the Vulture shook. Then red lights came on spaced around the halls, and anxiety turned to concern as the Vulture started to list to starboard. The Port stabilizers adjusted, while the internal ballast weight was shifted to balance out the craft.

"This is your captain speaking, we've taken some damage along the starboard edge. Mind yourself." Marcus said, then shifted to a more dedicated internal comm line, "Yvonne... PLEASE tell me you can fix that? And... what exactly did we lose?"

The mousette plucked up the comm, "Yes, if Clever Ham can ask Fleet to not shoot for oh... six? Eight hours?" she said, clearly humorously sarcastic as she dealt with stopping the damage from getting worse at the moment. Of course, this put her on her back under a beam with a welding torch, but this was nothing new to the Uurwerkan mechanic. "Starboard fans. Lost two, others not so spinny. No hull hole yet, and wanting keep that way, please?" She asked while explaining the assessment.

Marcus shook his head. "Helm, bring us about for a broadside salvo. Favor the Starboard side. We can't afford to lose BOTH Port and Starboard stabilizers. We'd just be a really expensive boat at that point."

Moments hung in the air as the massive craft came about, and as the cargo doors dropped open, the announcing light turned green. Now was the time for Redstorm to shine.