It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:59 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: [Below Water], Jade Fan Dive, Day 1.5
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:02 pm 
Flight Master

Faction: Flight School
Quote:
OOC:

This thread will be the start of the Jade Hand's underwater infiltration.

Note for latecomers: You should by all means feel welcome to jump into the action even if you weren't there for the beginning of it.

The Jade Fan was a whirl of activity. Those who would be causing the distraction above water had since been dispatched, and now those within the Fan's hull were preparing for the mission.

Guildmistress Eltsina addressed those assembled before her, "Attention divers. This mission, henceforth to be referred to as Operation Keyhole will be headed by Victor Grissom. He has been responsible for the lion's share of the planning, and I place him in my trust."

Here, she turned to Victor, "Victor, these are four of the finest agents that the Hand could acquire. They will be accompanying you on the initial first group of submersibles. We may send more agents on to meet you as time and resources permit (OOC: Other players can join in here)."

The Guildmi

Victor, I have selected four of the Hand's keenest agents

Eltsina smiled, "Additionally, my dear advisor, Verron Kadath has decided that he wishes to accompany the operation."

She gestured towards the two figures standing behind her in the shadows. Kadath, the proud and noble, seemed squeezed into his diving suit and filled with a seething undercurrent of rage. He nodded, "I am well versed in the previous Legacy Operation. I believe my insight will be of benefit."

The fat figure opposite Kadath chuckled. Chancellor Eduart smiled winningly at the divers, "As for me, I found diving suits not to my...aheh, size. But! I will be monitoring the situation from the Fan and will be relaying communication as necessary between the air and sea."

Eltsina looked around at those gathered, "We grow ever closer to the drop site ladies and gentlemen. Are there any questions? Your submersibles are being fitted as we speak."

Post subject: Re: [Below Water], Jade Fan Dive, Day 1.5
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:03 am 

Faction: Jade Hand

<BUMP> or should I say <SPLASH> :drool:

Former Governor of Alpha 2
Former Governor of Eltsina

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:27 pm 
Flight Master

Those gathered in the Jade Hand's submarine shiver slightly as they watch one of the great platforms above slowly turning to meet its attackers.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:17 am 
Operations Director

Victor does one final check of his equipment, watching Verron Kadath out of the corner of his eye. There was something about his situation that would invoke pity if he weren't so ruthless.

Victor watches the first platform turn above him. There's a tightening in his ribs. He closes his eyes, slowly opens them and turns to the assembled squad. A quick review never hurts.

"It's time. We'll be going in two groups. The retrieval mini sub is going to come in low. Verron and I will be attached to the outside of another mini-sub; we'll make a beeline. Once everything is underway, we're making a beeline."

"If at any time something goes wrong, there will be a high ping, a low ping, and two high pings in rapid succession. That is the mission abort."

"Fortune favors the cunning, ladies and gentlemen. Let's move."

OOC: Sorry... a show I was working on got extended. I have not had much downtime, and took far too long with this.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:02 pm 
Operations Director

Victor is in Cargo Bay Delta. Two large tanks of air are attached to his back and he is less than a meter from a mini submersible. Looking around the room, he makes sure his team is in place. Two of the Hand's divers are in the retrieval submersible with what Victor has designated "the Coffin," a case with the retrieval and demolition gear for a physical object. The other two divers are in the transport submersible for Victor and Verron, who are attaching themselves via harnesses to the outside.

The interior of the cargo bay is highly pressurized, having gradually built over the course of the 30 minutes it has taken for the aerial intercept to get in position. A grin touches Victor's mouth, as he looks at the hastily scrawled paint on his submersible. Fortuna. The other is Callidus.

A red light starts blinking. Verron and Victor look at each other, nod once and Victor turns to give a thumbs up to Ana in the control booth who gives a thumbs up and waves back. The light turns green, and the cargo bay starts to fill with water. The cold of the water crawls up Victor's spine and Verron visibly grimaces despite the dive mask. Harnessed to the Fortuna, the duo wait for the water to slip over their heads. The bay is filled and the green light blinks three times, before the cargo bay is plunged into darkness.

Victor feels the floor drop away beneath him, effortlessly in the water. The sensation of floating, falling, and flying tug at the jackal from all directions, and Victor grits his teeth in determined happiness against the cold respirator in his mouth.

Once free from the Fan's shadow, Victor gazes up at the dark form of the platform, all too close. The distraction is the only thing that will make this plan work. Victor watches warily as the submersible slips forward.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:28 pm 
Operations Director

Victor stares at single porthole on the Fan.

A green light flickers once, twice, a wait, thrice.

Victor feels the Fortuna lurch forward faster while the Callidus drops down to begin its slower but much quieter approach. There is a slight bubbling but no major cavitation, and Victor bites into his mouthpiece with apprehension. The water tugs gently, and his peace of mind is bombarded by what-ifs.

What if we get torpedoed. What if we make it and then get tangled and die. What if there are traps. What if the distraction fails. What if the Fan is destroyed. What if Sasha is informed by our diplomat that I died.

Victor stops. That last one will not happen, he tells himself. We will make this Gonking work. This is the biggest thing you've ever been part of. You cannot fail your past successes now. You won't let it happen. You are Victor Gonking Grissom, and you have a job to do. You are ten klicks high and made of steel.

Victor waits for his silent world beneath the waves to explode, half believing his motivational pep-talk. The Fan slowly recedes in the distance, disappearing deeper into the darker water to wait for whatever may come.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:42 pm 

Verron's eyes remained trained on the surface where one of the great platforms has slowly begun to rotate. Although far away, Kadath could almost swear that he felt the water itself surging around him in response to the behemoth motion.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:06 pm 

The water above suddenly begins to boil with activity. Water begins to surge up towards the surface and the great platforms. One rises out of the water, and then surface is peppered with gunfire as the Jade Hand's distraction team makes their attack. One of the four platforms still in the water flickers and then vanishes, the water around it suddenly crashing together to fill the void it left.

Through the comm links on the diving team, Chancellor Eduart is heard, "The platforms have taken the bait! Move! Move!"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:55 am 
Operations Director

The Fortuna surges forward, ignoring all stealth and making a beeline for the underwater promontory. The bubbles off of the propeller are almost certainly audible, but compared to the platforms, they are silent. Victor tries to tuck himself into the most streamlined form he can, pressed against the side by the furiously moving water. From up above, small bits of lead waft down, once lethal snow without any shine.

"Magnus help the Vulture, Volaticus, and whatever Redstorm's christened that thing."