Ends in 6 days 0%
It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:49 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: [Arcadia], Hangar, Day 1
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:36 am 
Grand Artist

Faction: Court of Violets

Quote:
OOC: Continuation of the Lighthouse Grove thread.

Shining One walked quickly to Arcadia's hangar, the assembled planes and mechanics all working in the shadow of one of the tree's great roots. Turning back to face the Courtiers who followed, the Artist said, "In the Courtlands, we had the chance to engage the Fleet several times. They were quick and they were deadly, and in their dance there was a most delicious beauty."

"Here, we have seen them rise up as a force we have never seen before, yet time and time again I find myself returning to one phrase they said when they first arrived."

Shining One's voice went husky in her throat, "'You will be silenced.'"

"That phrase filled me with a palpable dread, as I remembered eons ago before the Court had formed, our majority, our leaders attempted to silence the nascent voice of the Court."

She looked levelly at the other Courtiers, "We called them the Despoilers, and we destroyed them and removed their voice from our song. Their music had nothing to offer us, but here we have a songsmith, still terrible and cold, but with the potential of excellence."

"The Hidden Fleet desires to silence us. Our noise is alien and offensive to their ears."

Here Shining One gestured towards one of the large radio towers that surrounded the hangar.

"If that is so, then let us silence ourselves and all of Skytopia."

Post subject: Re: [Arcadia], Hangar, Day 1
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:21 am 

Floyd eyes wrinkled at the corners and betrayed the smile hidden behind his indigo scarf. He immediately thrust both gnarled hands into the nearest toolbox and rummaged around a moment before producing a pair of large wire cutters. He held them aloft and snapped them open and closed, then began to scamper across the hangar floor toward the antenna with obvious glee.

He glanced aside as a flash of red caught his eye and suddenly stopped in his tracks. His heart beat once, twice. He tossed the wire cutters over his shoulder. They sparkled in the dim light as the spun through the air. Before the cutters clattered to the ground, Floyd had seized a fire axe from its bracket. A laugh danced in his throat with a giddy rasp, a sound familiar to anyone who has shared barbecue with the insatiable boar.

Sparks flew from the impact as the sound of metal on metal rang out across the hangar. In a matter of moments, Floyd had severed the cables leading up the legs of the tower to the transceivers attached above. He cut off a couple feet of the cable to increase the gap where the cable was cut, then walked cheerfully back toward Shining One with sweat on his brow, an axe on his shoulder, and a length of cable in his hand as a trophy.

Floyd spoke sotto voce, "That's one. Perhaps someone more pyrotechnic can arrange to make it obvious from the air? And who wants to get that one?" He indicated the next closest tower by extending the axe as a pointer, but then quickly snatched it back. "But get your own axe."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:10 am 
Operations Director

Faction: Flight School
/OOC: Is this simultaneous with the other faction's RP's because I'm currently about to undertake an underwater expedition and would really prefer to stay in contact with the group.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:16 pm 
Princess Gown

Skylark followed after the Shining One, sticking her thumb into one of the twin kits mouth to keep him from crying out. She stayed on the edge of the group, head tilted to the side a bit as she listened. Silence themselves? And all of Skytopia? As she weighed the thought in her mind, Floyd took off running. The white hedgehog watched him curiously with wide eyes and then jumped in surprise as he severed the cable violently. "Oh!" she cried out, clutching her kits closer to herself.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:38 am 
Snuggler

Victor Grissom wrote:
/OOC: Is this simultaneous with the other faction's RP's because I'm currently about to undertake an underwater expedition and would really prefer to stay in contact with the group.

OOC: This is happening at Day 1. You all are at 1.5. Currently, it is only Arcadia that has been silenced.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:21 pm 
Grand Artist

Shining One laughed aloud as the first radio tower was silenced, "Ah, what glorious spark and fire. Most beautiful and most quiet now.

Skylark Cunningham wrote:
Skylark followed after the Shining One, sticking her thumb into one of the twin kits mouth to keep him from crying out. She stayed on the edge of the group, head tilted to the side a bit as she listened. Silence themselves? And all of Skytopia? As she weighed the thought in her mind, Floyd took off running. The white hedgehog watched him curiously with wide eyes and then jumped in surprise as he severed the cable violently. "Oh!" she cried out, clutching her kits closer to herself.

The Artist looked at Skylark and her kits, "Be not afraid. This path must be walked."

His eyes smiled at her, "Will you join us in this dance?"

In one hand, he offered a pair of wire cutters.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:48 pm 
Princess Gown

Looking to the Shining One, Skylark shook her head a bit. "I'm not afraid. Just... surprised." she said. The hedgehog smiled shyly to the Shining One and then flushed, nodding yes, "Of course I will join in the dance. As the Incarnation of Dance, it wouldn't be for me to sit out!" she chirped playfully. Her pale blue eyes looked to the wire cutters then looked to another nearby radio tower, then down at her twins. Wriggling a bit, Skylark managed to exchange both twins for the pair of wire cutters. "Hold them for a second please." Turning, she jogged over to the radio tower and with a bit of difficulty, managed to snip several wires. "There!" She stared up at the now silenced tower with her hands on her hips for a moment then turned and jogged back to the Shining One and her kits, long white hair flying in the wind. "Hah! All quiet from that tower!"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:12 am 
Hack Journalist

hrmm... The despoilers, eh? Do you think they have anything to do with the Fleet? What will shutting off our signals do? Hide us from their sight? Show cooperation to get us closer for Sudden But Inevitable Betrayl? Are we planning on silencing all of Skytopia? Other factions just wont like that... (you know, and other radio stars) I wonder.... Why is the noise so irritating to them? I mean, listening in to Blue chatter is irritating to everybody... What if..... they are giant bats? Would possibly explain some of the signals, and why they have.. sensative ears... hrm...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:31 pm 

Bouchie followed the Shining One and watched silently as the radio towers were, one by one, being disabled. There was concern painted on his face as he stepped forward to voice it.

"I beg your pardon, Shining One, but the motives of the Pale Ones leave me perplexed, and I ask for your guidance."

He paused to gather his toughts, and cleared his voice.

"The flight of the Ones is a marvel of refinement indeed. Dancing around us, graciously fading in and out of thin air, both here and not, leaving to us to fill the gaps with our imagination, only adds to the sheer beauty of their art.

It seems to me that you are right saying they would silence the noise we are to them. But I wonder, wouldn't it be the sight of our world, rather than the sound of it, that drives them mad with anger? I wonder, wouldn't they have built their sophisticated camouflage as a means to remove themselves from sight as well?
I wonder if their grand design isn't to wipe everything, if they believe perfection cannot be achieved as long as there is something, somewhere...

Of course, this is all speculation. But how do we know this is the right path you are taking us along? And how far along it are we expected to go? I don't want to have to find out we could have done more than we did."

Bouchie took a step back before adding;

"Please enlighten us."