Register / Log in

Server Costs Jun

Ends in 6 days 0%
It is currently Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:12 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Mercy at Tehras?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:15 pm 

Faction: Independent

(A continuation of a chat RP, featuring Waiwaera, George and Kaylee and also Lena and Zhana. They are going to a skylet off Tehras to help victims of the HF)

[Approach to skylet, Thunderbolt Voduun]

"Wai? Lookin' like we're close!" Lena Draw calls out over the headset to be heard over the sound of the Voduun's twin engines. "I think I'll let ya take 'er in, she's your bird."

She stabilizes the plane, unstraps and swaps seats with Waiwaera, buckling back down. She smirks.

"Hey, Wai? 'bout that card game.... Lookin' like we're gonna be early, how's 'bout it? I gotta fun one, 'less your a wuss?" She winks.

Contact for more information. (PM to Naes Draw please)

Post subject: Re: Mercy at Tehras?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:23 pm 
Legend

Faction: Azure League

[During the approach to the skylet off Tehras, on the Voduun]

The ferret stretches himself, then nods to Lena's comment over the headset. "Ya done goo', young'un," he chuckles into his own headset radio.

After adjusting the straps, he re-buckles himself in, rather hurriedly focusing on the skylet that was quickly approaching. He doesn't take notice of the

smirk, but wastes no time replying, "Jes' wha' kin'er game ya got up yer sleeve 'ere? Fer 'at ma'er, 'ow much ya wanna bet on it? I kin spare a coupla

squigs ter show ya 'ow ta really play some car's," he slyly replies, narrowing his eyes on Lena, complimented with a nod.

Waiwaera; Waiweira. (n) Proper Name. From Australian Aboriginee folklore, name referring to the evil spirit who resides between the two black holes in the Milky Way. Noted as trickster/shape-shifter figure in various tales.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:09 pm 
Snuggler

Faction: Flight School
[During the approach to the skylet off of Tehras. Onboard the The Thunderchild ]

Zhana stretches out as she wanders onto the bridge of the Bismark. Having had a restful night away from the pups, she looks brighter and more alert.

"Hazey, we there yet?" The fox said to a young, female dingo stood at the helm.

"Nearly, Zhana.. Should be coming in any time soon.." she replied, carefully edging the blimp down and out below the cloud line.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:41 am 
Transmogrifier

Faction: Jade Hand

[En route to the skylet, Prosperity]

George sits in his room, flipping through some papers. Tehras was a new market for him, a new opportunity. He needed to play his cards right.

A dog knocks on his door. "Mr. Stallengrant?"

Speaking of cards. "What is it Gerald?"

"We're only a few hours out now. Just thought you'd like to know."

The rabbit nods and waves him away. "Thank you, tell Liam to see if we can hurry up a bit." The canine nods and makes his way to the front of the ship to comply.

The rabbit sighs and returns to his work. New opportunity... nice phrase.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:47 am 
True Friend

Faction: Crimson Armada

((Not to be a buzz kill, but this should be under the RP Forum))

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:55 am 
Developer

Phédre Spitfire wrote:
((Not to be a buzz kill, but this should be under the RP Forum))
((Bzzzt! Done!))

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:37 am 
Legend

[Voduun, Skylet off Tehras]

The Voduun banked slowly, as its large engines were throttle back. Glancing out the window, the ferret notes a rather rugged and varied landscape,

which sets his mind in motion, trying to figure out where this village is or even /was/. After a few lazy circles over the skylet, he notices a small flat

stretch that appears suitable for landing. He reasoned that having taken off first, and being in a far faster craft than a zeppelin of any sort, the two

ferrets aboard were going to have more than a few hours downtime before the bulk of the party arrived, as it were. Over his headset, he calls out,

"Migh' ough'er hol' on tigh', dunno 'ow bumpy 'is gonna be." A few moments later, the Voduun's nose flares up, landing gear already having been

extended. With a noisy bang, the Thunderbolt plops onto a rather beaten dirt strip and slowly rolls to a stop, presumably where a tarmac /might/ have

been at one point. He unstraps himself, then wastes no time removing his headset, as he is eager to stand and stretch. Glancing at Lena, "Figger 'is

place ain' big 'nuff to warran' a radio call ou', we jes' gon' 'ave ter keep our eyes peel'," he drawls, carefully stretching himself in the process. "Wha' say

we get th' circ'lation back in our arms 'n legs a'fore 'at car' game? Oh, 'ow much is th' buy-in?," he grins at her, having learned cards from the best, or

so he thought, at least to this point. He carefully pops the entry hatch open and sets the ladder out, sparing no time in ungracefully clambering out,

only to slip off the third to last rung, causing him to plop down on the hard dirt much like his Thunderbolt had. With a small "oof", the ferret drags

himself to his feet and dusts himself off. "Ya comin'?," he calls up through the hatch to the other occupant, "Really somethin' ter see ou' 'ere."

Waiwaera; Waiweira. (n) Proper Name. From Australian Aboriginee folklore, name referring to the evil spirit who resides between the two black holes in the Milky Way. Noted as trickster/shape-shifter figure in various tales.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:07 pm 

"Yeah, good stretch sounds nice right now. Comin' Wai."

Lena takes hold of the ladder, and smoothly swings down, stumbling a bit on landing.

She does a few quick leg stretches and looks over the locale. "Sure is a sight. As for the buy-in? Well, I think a couplea squigs in the pot seems fair. Bein' friends an all, I don't wanna take all your money Wai... "

She stands and smiles. "No, I gotta better plan anywho. Just have some fun, 'fore the others get here. Let's poke 'round a bit first."

Lena walks around with Wai for a bit, before returning to the T-bolt for a friendly game of cards.

Some quick shuffling around, and the two are seated opposite each other, using a cot as playing table. "Alright Wai. How's 'bout five card?"

(Now that Wai and Lena are on the skylet, unless we move to a major location, we shouldn't need tags, it's up to people.)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:51 pm 
Snuggler

Zhana yawns as she walks off the gangplank of the bismark. Looking over to the Voduun, she flicks her ears straight and walks over to the TBolt.

What she was walking into, she had no idea.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:35 pm 
Legend

Within the confines of the Voduun, one ferret was not experiencing much in the luck department. The other, however, was having perhaps a bit too

much, although the other couldn't prove it or detect any underhanded dealing in the card game. He had won a few hands, but it was nothing compared

to the beating he was receiving otherwise. His coat was off, as was his shirt, pants, boots, and socks. At this point, there was only a worn out,

stained undershirt, complete with a few thread-barren holes, and his undershorts still on. The undershirt did really very little, if anything at all, to

conceal his hideous physical scarring that marred most all of his torso and arms. The scars he had accumulated along the way on his legs were no

secret any longer either. Thankfully, up to this point, no one really asked why he always wore pants, even in the hottest of weather. With a careful

eye on Lena, he watches as the hand is dealt, wondering how it was that he was only managing to see a pair of 4's...which happened to be a better

hand that he'd even seen playing her. Something didn't add up, perhaps she was just quick with the cards, or maybe just unbelievably lucky. Tossing

his cards down on the cot, he sighs, "S' jes' 'ow've ya manage' ter pull 'is off? I' jes' ain' righ'!," he exasperatedly exclaims. Standing up, he moves to a

small folding seat along the starboard side of the craft and sits, tossing his undershirt off in the process. "Leas' ya din't git th' plane...yet," he

mumbles, leaning against the cool, uninsulated steel of the Thunderbolt. After a few moments, he sizes himself, and the situation up, "Well 'is 's kin'er

'barassin'...," he mutters.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:04 pm 

Lena looks across the table at Wai. "What was that, Wai?" She maintained a lightly amused expression. She hadn't come through unscathed, her boots and socks were over by the side. She had been surprised by the scars, but a mixture of manners and a overall lack of squemishness kept her from reacting over much.

The next hand began, and surprisingly, although to a point Lena was just being nice, she lost it. She quasi-embarrassedly removed her outer tunic, and was tossing it to the side when she hears the steps on the ramp. "...Uh oh." She looks to Wai, then the door. There was no time...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:11 pm 
Snuggler

Zhana stands on her tiptoes, trying to look into the cockpit of Wai's T-Bolt, only to fall onto her backside.

"Dammitall!" she curses as she rises to her feet and rubs her rump. Looking up and down the plane, she searches for a hatch of some sort on the side of the plane. Upon further inspection of the T-Bolt, she comes across an open door.

"Bingo!" she smirks, clambering into the plane. Looking about for a moment, she flicks her ears to the sound of talking.

"Hrm.. Wai.. and Lena?" She cocks her head, twitching her ears and listening to them both chat. After a few moments, she follows the sound of their voices.

Upon tracing the voices back to a room, she slowly opens the door to reveal the semi-naked Lena and Wai.

"WHOA! HOLY-" she averts her eyes and closes the door, snapping her hands over her muzzle.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:40 am 
Snuggler

Zhana splays her ears, her maw still gaping and her hands still clenched over her muzzle. However, she double check, nosing her head around the door to look at the two ferrets again. Her facial expression turns to confusion.

"Wh-What are you guys DOING?!" she calls, trying to make sense of the situation. Moving into the room, she stares at them both in disbelief.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:04 pm 
Transmogrifier

Faction: Jade Hand

George stands at the front of his ship, looking through a window at the skylet. Certainly didn't look as promising as he'd imagined it.

"Mr. Stallengrant, we're about to land!"

"Yes, thank you Liam, I see that," the rabbit replies. He lowers himself into a chair and watches as the blimp makes it's descent. On the skylet, a dull roar begins to signal their approach.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:13 pm 
Legend

"Z-Z-Zhana?!," his voice quivered with surprise, complete with overtones of fear. "'Is ain' wha' it looks like!," he cries, wasting no time jumping behind the

far more fully clothed Lena to hide. He glances over the other ferret's shoulder, "Jes' a car' game wha' went 'orrible wrong's all, tha's it! Nothin' more, I

swear it!," he hollers, once more hiding himself behind Lena. He takes a step back, only to trip over the cot, which crashes to the floor on its side with

him. Despite the resounding "bang" that could be heard well outside the steel skin of the Thunderbolt, the blow to his spine was nothing compared to the

two blows his pride had now taken. At least he was a bit more covered behind the overturned cot...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:14 pm 

Lena stands frozen, staring at Zhana. "Ah, Ma'am... This ain't at all what it looks like." She groans and facepalms.

She gestures to the cards on the floor. "Wai was interested in playin' some cards, and... It's justa friendly game, don't mean anything by it! Aren't doin' anythin' in'propriate." She looks away, embarrassed.

She looks back up and gives Zhana a PWEEZE don't tell Kaylee look.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:56 am 
Snuggler

"Oh my god... What if Kaylee sees you?!" she strains, her ears splayed flat.

Pressing her hands to her forehead, she paces back and forth in front of the door.

"Omigawdomigawd... think! think!" Her ears suddenly perk and her eyes go wide as she clicks her fingers. "AHA!" Looking to both ferrets, she nods. "Ok.. Deal me a hand.. If Kaylee comes into the room.. I'll tell her it was my idea.. blame the whole thing on me.. Yeah... That way you two won't get in trouble..."

She sighs and shakes her head, taking up a seat and removing her t-shirt, revealing her bra and her small locket necklace. She then throws it onto the table as he payment into the game.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:15 pm 

The Prosperity finally catches up with the other ships and touches down.

Kaylee starts to make her way down the ramp almost before it completely lowers, pushing a protesting brother out of her way. The rabbit takes a look around the airfield and spies the Voduun.

She quickly strolls over to it, resisting an urge to break out into a sprint, and knocks on the side of it. "Anybody in here?" Her ears pick up a thump as a certain fox sits down. That answered that question.

Kaylee moves around the ship, looking for a window. Here was one, but she couldn't see anything but a tail. She moves on to another one and peeks in rather conspicuously.

In short, she doesn't like what she sees.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:19 pm 
Legend

Wai looked confusedly down as Zhana sets her own shirt off to the side. "Zhana, 'is ain' gon' he'p nothin'! 'Is'll jes' make i' look worse 'n wha' it a'ready

is!," he sputters, shivering slightly from the cool steel plate he was standing on. His tail floofs up and down a few times uneasily, before his peripheral

detects an object filling one of the lower cockpit windows, something that was not previously there. "Fine time to be caught with your pants

down...literally," he curses in his own mind, "'Specially if i's some'un wha's lookin' fer a figh'." He cautiously turns his head, in an almost mechanical

manner, only to find the face of a not simply displeased, but outright angry, rabbit staring back. His heart wastes no time in taking the elevator into his

throat, before it commits hara kiri and throws itself back down into his bowels...that is to say, the ferret was suddenly nauseatingly sick at his

stomach, although the look of surprise and bewilderment on his face probably kept that rather well hidden. Maintaining his stare back at Kaylee, he

slowly places, both paws on Lena's shoulders and shakes her for a few moments before he finally mumbles, "...Lena, we gots us a whole load'er trouble

now...," his voice slurs and then becomes unclear, despite babbling for nearly a full minute afterwards.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:57 pm 
Snuggler

Zhana looks to the rabbit that occupied the porthole. Jumping slightly, she quickly puts her t-shirt and stands.

"Ok... Let me handle this..." she makes for the door and the outside of the T-Bolt. Once outside, she looks to Kaylee and moves over to her.

"Now Kaylee... Trust me.. It's not what it looks like.. It may look pretty {static} weird.. But really... all that it is.. is just a game.. really. It's just a cheap laugh.." She puts her hand over her heart and raises the other. "I promise.."