Skyrates
http://skyrates.net/forum/

Bugs
http://skyrates.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9452
Page 1 of 4

Author:  Eskay [ Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:50 pm ]
Post subject:  Bugs

Skylight is not correctly displaying chat colors. Both lurkers are.
Quote:
Batty Den [Happy 2010-11]: <font color = '#999999'>excellent! </font>


Edit: Also, the Happy 2010-11 title displays differently from in the Flash client, as do "fireworks".

Author:  Kathryn [ Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Bugs

Thanks Eskay.

Eskay wrote:
Skylight is not correctly displaying chat colors.

Fixed in the latest update.

Eskay wrote:
Also, the Happy 2010-11 title displays differently from in the Flash client, as do "fireworks".

There will be no fireworks. And the title won't be fiestafied this time around, sorry.

Author:  KarHallarn [ Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:29 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Bugs

Has anyone mentioned that someone using skylight and starting a line with a < character kills chat for people logged in to the game itself? I only confirmed this for skylight through chrome and someone accessing the site though firefox and opera.

By kills chat I mean it will highlight tabs when someone types something in that tab, but no text will appear until the person using the browser refreshes. It only applies on a tab-by-tab basis though, so you can kill one tab and the others will be unaffected.

Author:  Kathryn [ Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:47 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Bugs

KarHallarn wrote:
Has anyone mentioned that someone using skylight and starting a line with a < character kills chat for people logged in to the game itself?

I think I understand what you're describing. It should be fixed now.

Author:  Jack O'Neill [ Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:47 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Bugs

Just discovered a Skylight bug. Switch themes in a new tab and everything gets screwy once you switch back to Skyrates. Solvable by a refresh. Chrome browser version 8.0.552.237 on a '07 iMac running Mac OS 10.6.6.

EDIT: scratch that. Goes screwy whenever you download an extension as well. Installed Skycust (switching to Chrome from Firefox for a while, just out of curiosity).

Author:  Kathryn [ Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:09 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Bugs

There's a bug in Chrome that causes extensions like Skylight to hiccup when you install or update other extensions. As you say, refresh the page and she's apples. Hopefully they'll fix that bug before too long. Thanks for bringing it up, Jack.

Author:  Sloth [ Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:09 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Bugs

Since the start of this round I can't get skylight to work. It says connecting for a while and then I get an error message.

Author:  Turbo Lance [ Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:07 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Bugs

Sloth wrote:
Since the start of this round I can't get skylight to work. It says connecting for a while and then I get an error message.


I am in the same boat

Author:  Kevin McDonald [ Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Bugs

Same here. Kathryn's lurker isn't updating, either.

Author:  Delicious Food and Soft Pillows [ Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:04 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Bugs

Kate's away at the moment and I can't follow her instructions for turning skylight back on. She'll have to do it when she gets back.

Author:  Kevin McDonald [ Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:08 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Bugs

I noticed that if I set the options so that notifications appear for the Faction and Wing tabs only, I still get pop-ups for the General tab.

Author:  Kathryn [ Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:19 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Bugs

Thanks Kevin. Looks like I broke the options in version 1.7.0. If you care to update, 1.7.1 should be better.

Author:  Zabrak! [ Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Bugs

I don't seem to be getting notifications of combats generated during hunts, though all combats generated from point-to-point flight report properly.

Author:  Kathryn [ Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:47 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Bugs

Zabrak! wrote:
I don't seem to be getting notifications of combats generated during hunts, though all combats generated from point-to-point flight report properly.

I started a hunt, then switched to Skylight, and am getting sirens, popups and an incrementing yellow number just fine, Zabrak! Does it always not work for you in all hunts all the time, or is it a capricious little so-and-so?

Author:  Zabrak! [ Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:31 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Bugs

More the latter, I believe I've gotten some hunt notifications but I'm certainly missing others.

Author:  Zabrak! [ Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:19 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Bugs

I did some playing around since my last post and can confirm that a few things:

-sometimes hunts report combats through Skylight just fine
-sometimes they don't at all
-any given hunt never gets some reports and some misses, I either get all of them for that hunt or none of them
-length of hunt and location of hunt don't seem to have an effect

Author:  Naes Draw [ Sun May 01, 2011 6:01 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Bugs

Uh. /Ignore doesn't work apparently. Just fine in the normal client, but nothing in skylight. Am I doing something wrong?

Author:  Kathryn [ Mon May 02, 2011 2:34 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Bugs

Naes Draw wrote:
Uh. /Ignore doesn't work apparently. Just fine in the normal client, but nothing in skylight. Am I doing something wrong?

I think it does more or less work, notwithstanding the usual /ignore issues. What you don't get in Skylight is any feedback. I'll try to remember to do something about that, one day.

Author:  Naes Draw [ Mon May 02, 2011 2:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Bugs

Odd, since it was a one word name, and the messages kept coming. I'll keep an eye on that.

Author:  Zabrak! [ Fri May 20, 2011 7:13 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Bugs

Zabrak! wrote:
I did some playing around since my last post and can confirm that a few things:

-sometimes hunts report combats through Skylight just fine
-sometimes they don't at all
-any given hunt never gets some reports and some misses, I either get all of them for that hunt or none of them
-length of hunt and location of hunt don't seem to have an effect

I'm still having this problem, and now it's spread to risky flights as well. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Skylight to no avail, and that's pretty much tapped my hacking skills.

Page 1 of 4 All times are UTC - 8 hours
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/