Ends in 10 days 0%
It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:48 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: wrong info in skybrary cost me 50k
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:49 am 

Faction: Flight School
i have 3 crew mates and needed a 4th.
all my crew mates are adventurers.

skybrary says the adventurer tavern quote is "hi there, i'd love to fly in your ship"

so i bought a trader that said that but when i checked her flight quote she says "i see a cloud, i see a bird, do a loop de loop"

i don't have an adventurer, i have a free spirit!

i'm a very sad monkey right now, i want to fire "valentina lebedev of earthbreach" but i'm afraid if you can't see that she was on my ship you won't give me my 50k back (if you will?).

leaving it up to the great devs, please fire this crew mate and give me back 50k, once i see her gone and my $ back, i will edit skybrary gladly!

[it would be really good if we could sell back a crew mate before leaving the skyland, and we would be refunded.]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:29 am 

Use this topic instead. Seems to me that it has more info and probably more accurate since it matches what you wrote.

Also Skybrary is user created content. The info there does not claim to be accurate. There are many misinformations or speculations in there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:34 am 

use what topic?
i did post to forum

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:41 am 

The words "this topic" in the previous post (and even in this) are a link. Click them. It will lead you to topic about crew personalities.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:19 am 

that topic is a mess, i can't determine what i'm to look for to hire an adventurer.

i do see through however, that the one i hired is a free spirit as i found out.

i still want my $ back though, and i think it's a good idea to refund if still on the skyland.

[i'm not on the same island now, of course, but for future that would be nice]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:23 am 

Well, it seems there is a lot of unsure things around crew - number of classes being one of those things (5 or 6 are both an option, hence the "missing" Adventurer in the topic).

The "refund" for crew doesn't seem as such a good idea for me. But it wouldn't hurt gameplay in any way (except for the possibilty to hire a trader, save the 6% on buy, trade the trader back for full 50k, fly to other island, do the same, repeat).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:42 am 

ok, then at the same time, until you leave the skyland, you can fire and receive 60% back and the crewmate doesn't activate until flown the first time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:00 am 
Flying

Lomondra wrote:
ok, then at the same time, until you leave the skyland, you can fire and receive 60% back and the crewmate doesn't activate until flown the first time.

The part in bold sounds good. Also, perhaps only get 40k back, and only if you haven't left the skyland - if it's a mistake, you don't lose much money, but it means you'll be careful.

On another note, current evidence is that crew are supposed to be a mystery. This is something I don't like, and it would be nice if some stuff about them (like how they interact, etc.) were explained, since currently it can affect gameplay but there's no way to really know how.

Token female of both ERN and the 7th Street Capulets ^_~[/url]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:07 am 
Developer

hmm, i don't know about all this, this seems to me to be about the same level as asking for a refund for a bad sale, which (to my knowledge) we've never done. If you feel that there was some false advertising, I'm inclined to say, "sorry to hear that, but we didn't advertise anything."

I'll discuss it with the team of course but I'll be surprised if they feel more obliged than I do. And it will take us a while, so if you don't want to pay her salary, it might be best to fire her now and cut your losses before they get bigger.

-PL-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:15 am 

Err. I would think that taking information from a wiki, which is user-editable by anyone, anywhere, anytime, and then expecting it to be 100% accurate and demanding a refund is questionable at best. It's not like this was in the game manual or something.

On the other hand, adding a "buyer's remorse" sellback period for crew wouldn't necessarily be a bad idea, in general. Losing some of the cost would be a fair enough penalty..

Post subject: Re: wrong info in skybrary cost me 50k
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:54 am 

Lomondra wrote:
i'm a very sad monkey right now, i want to fire "valentina lebedev of earthbreach" but i'm afraid if you can't see that she was on my ship you won't give me my 50k back (if you will?).

i don't think i ever sounded demanding, even later when i said i still wanted my money back, it was because it was not my intent to hire this goof nut and i was being directed to further bad information on crew.

(that was very startling about the wiki information, everthing else is so carefully done, plane prices, upgrade prices, etc.)

and when i was treated as if i wanted to use the trader skills and sell back at every skyland, i thought i figured a good work around so one couldn't do that, since that was not my intent either.

as a BTW, i do remember, just not whom, that a refund was made for someone purchasing the wrong plane.

ok, i will live with my loses, i did not go in or come out of this with buyer's remorse because i fully intended to hire a trader that said that particular statement, but i had wrong information for the resulting flight statement.

the game is still fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:35 am 
Dev

You were working off of information from the wiki. The wiki is not an official resource. We make no disclaimers as to the accuracy of any information on the wiki.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:01 am 

Being that the skybrary is maintained by the players this really doesn't belong in the bugs forum. Regardless, I've updated the skybrary with the correct info.

I also can't say I really agree that their needs to be a method to try out the characters. Especially now that the skybrary should be correct. Once you have 4 crew anyways, 50k should be a trivial amount.

Post subject: Re: wrong info in skybrary cost me 50k
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:24 am 
Developer

Lomondra wrote:
(that was very startling about the wiki information, everthing else is so carefully done, plane prices, upgrade prices, etc.)

The Skybrary will only be as accurate or helpful as we, the players, make it.

As you learn more or find mistakes, PLEASE edit the appropriate Skybrary article.

For crew, see http://skyrates.wikia.com/wiki/Crew and http://skyrates.wikia.com/wiki/Crew/Deconstructing_Crew .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:06 pm 

Calvin,

it is unclear what i can edit at this point. on one side there is a crew member called an adventurer, on the other side i'm being told there is not such thing and the "adventurer" comments are actually those belonging to an egotist.

and then when i expect user comments/wiki to be "on the same page" then i get bashed and am told i'm demanding and complaining.

i'm not going to edit anything. sorry.