Server Costs Mar

Ends in 13 days 0%
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:00 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Echoes of History
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:41 pm 
Brilliant Master

Faction: Flight School
An icy wind blew through the corridors of Eltsina's fortress. With almost every stormy gust, the incandescent bulbs that lined the halls would dim slightly as the power generators were forced to work ever harder against the storm. Like candles flickering in the wind, the bulbs cast their inconsistent light on opulent carpets and tapestries that covered the barren rock.

Mistress Eltsina lightly tapped the side of her chair with a long and sharp claw. On the table in front of her a dusty scroll case innocently rested. Etchings of clouds and stylized depictions of wind ran all along its metallic side.

Liberated during the Tortugan Upheaval, the scroll had rested close to her side, along with a number of other scattered documents and schematics. But there was something about this one that had drawn her to it. She remembered the reverence displayed by Gilbert's aide as he had trusted it to her, a sense of almost holiness for the documents contained therein.

She unsealed one end, and there was a brief suction of air as the contents of the scroll case touched wind and breath for the first time in some years. Eltsina's eyes glittered in the scant light as she read the words scrawled across the paper.

"The Upheaval."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:42 pm 
Brilliant Master

ooc: This thread is designed to lay out a few of the truths of Skytopia's history. It will not reveal all, but it will reveal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:31 pm 

Alright, Mistress,

as a member of the People's Republic of the Green Nation, I think I speak for all of us when I say we'd like to know a bit more, privately, in our own forums. :) The suspense is killing us! (or at least me)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:54 pm 
True Friend

Alright, Mad-Hatter,

We all know that the rest of the greens (especially Kenisu) don't even support Mistress Eltsina, so you might only speak for yourself among the green....I think if Mistress Eltsina has something to say she should say to the entire Skyrates (unless of course you would rather me just get an alt in green).

The Greens are not the only ones curious.

'Oh, you can't help that,' said the cat. 'We're all mad here.'

Last edited by The March Hare on Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:03 pm 

The March Hare wrote:
Alright, Mad-Hatter,

We all know that the rest of the greens (especially Kenisu) don't even like Mistress Eltsina, so you only speak for yourself among the green....I think if Mistress Eltsina has something to say she should say to the entire Skyrates (unless of course you would rather me just get an alt in green).

The Greens are not the only ones curious.

Heheh. Shrewd as always, Hare. And just because others don't like her doesn't mean they're not as curious as I am. :p

She informs us that she plans to tell the entire Skytopian community of her findings. So no need for an alt. You won't find anything of interest even if you do put an alt in.

So, I sit here, curiously, impatiently, waiting...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:19 pm 

The March Hare wrote:
We all know that the rest of the greens (especially Kenisu) don't even like Mistress Eltsina

Erm, next time you want to judge that, check in with me first. I have no qualms with the Guildmistress. If you're going on the old, unreliable data you got from the guys watching our forums, sorry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:23 am 
True Friend

Old, it might be (If a month or so is considered ancient history), but at the time, you in the very least did not support the Guildmisstress.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:44 am 

The March Hare wrote:
Old, it might be (If a month or so is considered ancient history), but at the time, you in the very least did not support the Guildmisstress.

There's a difference between detesting someone and not supporting them. A lot of the Greens didn't support the idea of sending the Guildmistress out, for her own personal safety. However, after she told us that she could be the first to arrive at Tortuga and assured us she would be well, we begrudgingly wished her safe voyage and waited.

There was no harbouring of ill-will toward her. In fact, I reconciled any differences with her by apologizing if I came off rude. Often, I will do that kind of thing; as it's not polite to hold a grudge without reason behind it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:58 am 

Enough with the bickering, and the contesting of who doesn't like who.
Personally, I could care less. Eltsenia created this topic to reveal information about skytopia, not to discuss whether or not the greens like her or not.
Personally, I am more inclined to believe Kenisu's oppinion on the issue, about the green faction's feelings towards the Mistress, since he is a green, and the greens should know thier own feelings.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:14 am 

The March Hare wrote:
Old, it might be (If a month or so is considered ancient history),

This is the internet, Hare. :p Three days ago might as well have been six years.

Okay, so that's a bit of an exaggeration. But WheelofTime is correct: We should stop bickering at one another, and wait [im]patiently for the Guildmistress to let us know what it is she's found. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:44 am 
True Friend

Okay! to make everyone feel better, I changed what I origanily said, Now I said, the greens did not support her...HAPPY....you better be....anyway me and Kenisu where never arguing or BICKERING as Elayne put it.....we where politely disagreeing with each other in a calm and orderly manner.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:51 am 

The March Hare wrote:
Okay! to make everyone feel better, I changed what I origanily said, Now I said, the greens did not support her...HAPPY....you better be....anyway me and Kenisu where never arguing or BICKERING as Elayne put it.....we where politely disagreeing with each other in a calm and orderly manner.

Agreed. If there were bickering, I might be typing LIKE THIS THE WHOLE TIME. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:05 am 

The March Hare wrote:
Okay! to make everyone feel better, I changed what I origanily said, Now I said, the greens did not support her...HAPPY....you better be....anyway me and Kenisu where never arguing or BICKERING as Elayne put it.....we were politely disagreeing with each other in a calm and orderly manner.

Kenisu wrote:
Agreed. If there were bickering, I might be typing LIKE THIS THE WHOLE TIME.

So we all agree to disagree on whether or not we agree with Mistress Eltsina. Got it.
Now.... about those scrolls, Mistress?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:05 pm 

The thing this thread shows, is that the Skyrates (ooc: players) have created their own history and structure, in the absence of Official Word. When we find out they conflict, we get testy for a bit, but find ways to retcon everything into harmony.

Professor Posner, Echo Flight School, Captain, Scarlet Armada (Ret.). Head Judge (Emeritus), Commonwealth Military Tribunal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:22 pm 

Aye. Posner's right, I think.

But, having an official history might be a bit necessary. After all, what makes my created history better than someone else's? Or what makes theirs better than mine?

I like that the devs pay enough attention to the game that they're coming out with an official history, but quite honestly the player-created history appealed to me the most. It might have been easier just to take the history we've made, call it official, and then fill in the blanks. Or, let us fill in the blanks, and call that official.

But, eh. About those scrolls?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:40 am 

Skyrates history isl made up of official documents from the devs, and from rumors, legends, songs, and stories from all the citizens of Skytopia. This is how it has always been done, and how it shall be.

Now about those scrolls?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:41 am 
Brilliant Master

Eltsina read the elegantly scrawled words on the page once more. The writing itself was archaic, composed of symbols and markings mostly unfamiliar to modern eyes. The guildmistress' eyes narrowed as she deciphered the text, reading once more the heading at the top of the page.

'The Upheaval'

Her hand trembled, awed at being in the presence of this document recounting the events of some two hundred odd years ago.

She read on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:57 am 
Brilliant Master

In the In the time before, when land was land and air was air, the world was at war.

Far back, through darkest and most unforgiving history, when land was land and air was air, the world was at war. In this time, we were no more than beasts, concerned only with our most base urges of blood and breeding. Our battleground was the decrepit wastelands of our birth, infertile earth covered only by the rotting monoliths of forgotten ages. The clans of the boar waged war with the reclusive ferret. The clever cat raided upon the stoic walrus. Tooth and tusk, fang and claw, bone and blood. Years passed and our numbers dwindled, a spiralling whirpool leading to our eventual and mutual extinctions.

And then came Magnus. Lawgiver. Vanguard of Order. Healer of Lands.

He came, and gave us...

Last edited by Mistress Dasha Eltsina on Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:57 am 
Brilliant Master

Eltsina paused.

"Hope perhaps? Home? A word for...not life, but the ability to achieve life?"

She continued.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:59 am 

So are we in the year AU 200? So are Miss Eltsina and Fuseli (the war criminal) and the heroic Islo all over 200 years old. And are skyland years equivalent to earth years?