Ends in 15 days 0%
It is currently Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:26 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Eltsina announcement log
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:54 pm 
Hack Journalist

Faction: Court of Violets

*** ANNOUNCEMENT INCOMING ***
(NOTE- This log was edited to avoid a lot of nonsense. If you feel anything important was missed, please let me know!)
*** END OF ANNOUNCEMENT ***
Kenisu Ichojari speed walks onto the Flyer and begins to shut the locks for takeoff. "Helmsman, clear us with Sharif Tower and prepare to rendevous with the Jade Whisperer. Alert all maintenace teams to prepare the lift for Guildmistress Dasha Eltsina's arrival."
Kenisu Ichojari idles the Flyer at the runway and begins to call into the tower. "Sharif Tower, this is Cetecea Green Force One, requesting take-off. We're headed for meeting with Guildmistress Dasha Eltsina."
Guildmistress Dasha Eltsina: *from the still waters of Skytopia, a glowing form breaches the surface*
Guildmistress Dasha Eltsina: *roughly as large as leviathan, green lights dance off its surface*
Kenisu Ichojari taxis the Flyer to the runway and cranks up the engines; the large Cetecea lurching foward to take for the skies once again. "Green Force One is now Green Force One, heavy; on vector 1-8-0. Good day."

Guildmistress Dasha Eltsina smiles.
Mahmoth dips low over the Whisper, waggles his wings in salute, flicks the autopilot back on and cranks up the radio.
Guildmistress Dasha Eltsina: *the top of the submarine opens to reveal a female possum dressed in green robes with eyes of piercing dark amber*
Guildmistress Dasha Eltsina: As Guildmistress and Envoy of the Guild of Merchants, I respectfully give my greetings.
Firefox: Good Evening Mistress Eltsina, it is a pleasure to see you again.
Skylark Quintessa smiles shyly "Good evening Lady Eltsina. I'm here to pay my respects and to bring the regrets of Marcus Cunningham that he can not make it."
Ellington: Evening, Miss Eltsina
Bouchie Topturner: We are honored of your presence, Guildmistress.
Kenisu Ichojari turns to look at his helmsman and nods, ensuring that the heading was correct. "Time to intercept, two minutes. Tell the flight crews to free space and prepare to recieve our guest."
Calvin: Always nice to see you, Guildmistress.
Bouchie Topturner: I am eager to join your ranks.
Guildmistress Dasha Eltsina: it is a most wonderful pleasure to see so many of you, newly graduated from flight school and flying the winds of fortune.
Calvin: My apologies again about the "case of mistaken identity" at Skylark's Halloween Party.
Guildmistress Dasha Eltsina: It has been sometime since I have last had the chance to address you all.
Guildmistress Dasha Eltsina: Much has happened in that time...the Tortugan Upheaval, the smoking wreck heading from Uurwerk to Islo..
Kenisu Ichojari: Commsman, hail the Whisperer and make sure our plans...aren't mistaken...
Guildmistress Dasha Eltsina: Although my like have not been as present in the world, know that we do watch, I am sure most proudly at the actions of those who follow our different philosophies.
Guildmistress Dasha Eltsina: During the Tortugan Upheaval, I was given the honor by the esteemed Lord Gilbert of transporting valuable documents from the burning wreckage of Tortuga.
Guildmistress Dasha Eltsina: An incident, I am certain, Admiral Fuseli and his ilk now regret perpetuating...
Ellington grumbles under his breath 'low, Eltsina, low'
Guildmistress Dasha Eltsina: I have since spent that time poring through them, attempting to discover what insight they could provide our state today.
Guildmistress Dasha Eltsina: It has come to my attention that these documents are most certainly from pre-Upheaval.
Guildmistress Dasha Eltsina: Not only that dear friends...
Guildmistress Dasha Eltsina: they exist from the Reign of King Magnus.
Guildmistress Dasha Eltsina: Lord of the land before it became Skytopi
Guildmistress Dasha Eltsina: When earth was earth and air was air.
Mina Misa whistles softly.
Firefox listens very intently to this part, as a Skybrarian
Calvin poises pen over the Skybrary articles.
Guildmistress Dasha Eltsina: From his throne at what is now Earthbreach, Magnus united our discordant races under one banner.
Guildmistress Dasha Eltsina: For liberty and for glory!
Skylark Quintessa grins and claps
Hiramarchibald wonders how these 'documents' were verified as authentic
Amelia Braveheart cheers!
Sildar: A dream which then fell apart, Guildmistress.
Sildar: Quite disastrously.
Guildmistress Dasha Eltsina spreads her hands in a resigned motion.
Guildmistress Dasha Eltsina: Too true Sildar.
Prince Harris: not to interrupt guildmistress, but I hope that you'd provide full copies of these documents to the skybrary. I know you're all about profit, but making money off of these important papers is beyond disgusting.
Guildmistress Dasha Eltsina: For great though Magnus was, he was mortal.
Guildmistress Dasha Eltsina fixes Prince Harris with a look
Guildmistress Dasha Eltsina: My interests, 'prince' are purely scholarly, and to imply I would extort these merely for financial gain is insulting at the least. One would as easily discredit the Conclave of Inventors to not submit every document they create to the greater good.
Guildmistress Dasha Eltsina: I shall continue.
Prince Harris: fair enough, I just wanted a reassurance we'd all be seeing these
Guildmistress Dasha Eltsina: Magnus died.
Guildmistress Dasha Eltsina: And he left his kingdom to his children.
Guildmistress Dasha Eltsina: his children fought over the land.
Guildmistress Dasha Eltsina: and outsiders, fell upon the squabbling clans
Guildmistress Dasha Eltsina: Eventually leading to death, destruction, and...
Guildmistress Dasha Eltsina she looks towards the skies.
Guildmistress Dasha Eltsina: Our world.
Guildmistress Dasha Eltsina: The bloodline of Magnus was scattered to these winds, and with it so much of our history and lore.
Guildmistress Dasha Eltsina: To those unfamiliar with the story...
Bouchie Topturner: Are there still descendants from this great King?
Guildmistress Dasha Eltsina: one group had created a weapon out of unobtanium.
Guildmistress Dasha Eltsina: I believe so Bouchie.
Guildmistress Dasha Eltsina: It is unknown whether this was one of Magnus' children, or one of the outsiders.
Guildmistress Dasha Eltsina: All that is really known is that it was triggered as the forces of oppression attacked the citadel of Magnus.
Hiramarchibald: You don't suspect the inventor guild of retaining plans for such a weapon, would you Giuildmistress?
Dark Booch wonders if this could be the Depleted Unobtanium weapons he's heard so much about.
Guildmistress Dasha Eltsina: I would naturally never accuse the Conclave of such a thing, Hiramarchibald.
Guildmistress Dasha Eltsina: The unobtanium sent ripples throughout the bedrock of our world.
Guildmistress Dasha Eltsina: causing some areas to fall into magma.
Guildmistress Dasha Eltsina: Others to be drowned under the seas.
Guildmistress Dasha Eltsina: And still others.
Guildmistress Dasha Eltsina: for Earthbreach was the first.
Guildmistress Dasha Eltsina: and from there, our world changed.
Captain Dixon: a weapon of such power surely cannot be trusted in any one persons posession
Skylark Quintessa nods some.
Sharktooth wonders: What about Earthbreach?
Guildmistress Dasha Eltsina laughs slightly.
Guildmistress Dasha Eltsina: Certainly Dixon. But one would wonder what use such a weapon might have now.
Guildmistress Dasha Eltsina: Our world is broken.
Gandi Longneck respectfully raises his hand with a question.
Guildmistress Dasha Eltsina: And it remains to us to repair her.
Hiramarchibald wonders at the nature of the documents, and the Guildmistress' agenda for her address
Guildmistress Dasha Eltsina: Gandi?
Bouchie Topturner: Are there hints that such a weapon might still exist, Guildmistress?
Gandi Longneck: Yes, this is all very good, but how does this relate to the documents of which you wish to speak?
Guildmistress Dasha Eltsina: I felt it helpful to go over a bit of history of the documents. As I know many of those here are fresh from school.
Guildmistress Dasha Eltsina: And likely did not pay as much attention to their History lessons, much to Lord Gilbert's dismay.
Skylark Quintessa stands "Excuse me Lady Eltsina. I have a question."
*text eaten?*
Guildmistress Dasha Eltsina: Reveal the location to a stronghold.
Guildmistress Dasha Eltsina: Established in the golden years of Magnus' reign.
Guildmistress Dasha Eltsina: Established, and added to throughout the years.
Guildmistress Dasha Eltsina: a cache of lore from a time long since forgotten.
Guildmistress Dasha Eltsina: Following today, I will be looking to the people of Skytopia to assist in the reclaiming of this stronghold.
Grumble Gut raises hand
Guildmistress Dasha Eltsina: Grumble?
Hiramarchibald: Who controls it now? Has its location been rediscovered?
Grumble Gut: Madam...the factions are shattered, warring against each other..how can we get past this to come together as one and help out?
Guildmistress Dasha Eltsina shrugs casually.
Guildmistress Dasha Eltsina: I'm not sure Grumble Gut.
Hiramarchibald: Here here. I share Grumble's concern.
Ellington covers his microphone 'noisy children, today'
Webster: Also, with the recent influx of new recruits, the profits to fund expeditions have been dwindiling...is there any plan to help support such ventures?
Shem: We are from various factions and if we can all cooperate and dicusss this civily
Guildmistress Dasha Eltsina: There have been times in the past where the factions have almost worked together.
Unique Character raises hand
Guildmistress Dasha Eltsina: When they waged war for the people through velvet glove instead ofmetal gauntlet.
Bouchie Topturner: Let us not concern with such things. We will join forces and overlook our rivalties when times are right. Or so I believe.
Bali: the dogs that fight togehter will still band together to fight off the wolves
Guildmistress Dasha Eltsina: All that I can do is hope that they see someway to work together.
Guildmistress Dasha Eltsina: Unique, you wishedto speak?
Unique Character: Thanks Mistress, I wonder if we could form a volunteer fleet from all factions to help with the mission
Guildmistress Dasha Eltsina: Bali, one would wish...however occasionally one dog decides to take that moment to make away with the food himself.
Unique Character: A fleet of representatives...
Shem: I doubt that in these times as it looks as if the othter factions are struggling to maintain their existance while yellow conquers their skylands
Garak: This is precisely the trouble, Shem. How does anyone know that any yellows can be trusted?
Matt Daniels: I'm sorry for interupting, but I only recently tuned in do to some important business. So, as far as I can tell, there is some fortess we need to work together to recapture. Is that more or less what this is about?
Grey Francis: So, where is the stronghold, and who do we need to reclaim it from, exactly?
Keyo steps forward, bowing before the Guildmistress.
Keyo: Allow me to be the first member of the Red Faction to step forward and offer my services as a gesture of goodwill.
Bouchie Topturner: Madam, would you be so kind to indulge us with more details about this recovery mission?
Guildmistress Dasha Eltsina smiles and returns the bow.
Kyra joins him. "I'll drop what I've been doing and join."
Guildmistress Dasha Eltsina: Your gesture is appreciated, Red.
Keyo: May I also say that I was deeply disappointed by the actions of Fuseli and his subordinates during the Tortugan Upheaval.
Guildmistress Dasha Eltsina: I will not use this venue for communicating more about this task. In the coming time, I will reveal information via private missives.
Ellington: Private missives? to whom?
Mahmoth: As a member, though not a representative of the Blues, I can safely say we will do all in our power to find this Stronghold.
Guildmistress Dasha Eltsina: and now...that is all for dreary announcements.
Keyo: I understand. Thank you kindly for the address.
Guildmistress Dasha Eltsina: The President of Green has seen fit to invite me to parlay aboard his craft. I will also be happy to make myself available to speak with others as the case may be.
Webster stands and salutes sharply and Eltsina
Guildmistress Dasha Eltsina smiles at Bali.
Shem: Thank you miss Eltsina, for your confidence in our group
Guildmistress Dasha Eltsina: Who are we fighting? Why, our own base instincts.
Firefox: Good evening Guildmistress Eltsina.
Grumble Gut: easier said than done milady
Mahmoth: Well put.
Guildmistress Dasha Eltsina: Magnus helped us to see cooperation and unity. Perhaps his legacy can unite us once more.
Bali: understood ma'am
Kyra: Thank you for meeting with us, Guildmistress
Kyra: It was a pleasure to meet you
Ellington: We from Ellington Radio Network also have some information we would like to sharewith you whenever you have a minute, Miss Eltsina
Bouchie Topturner: You have inspired us, Madam.
Matt Daniels: For that matter, SHOULD we expect any fighting or danger? Or is that an unknown variable at the time?
Kyra nods to Ell.
jareeta: I'm just worried that we wont be able to cooporate like you want us to
Keyo steps up behind Ellington, nodding in affirmation.
Kyra joins Ell.
Garak: I see that the Guildmistress has secured such a transition.
Guildmistress Dasha Eltsina: Ellington?
Captain Dixon: I believe we all eagerly await the day when we can truely work together, side by side, with no animosity
Skylark Quintessa sighs a bit.
Guildmistress Dasha Eltsina: M. Daniels: For now, unsure. We shall see though.
Hiramarchibald: what is El's news?
Calvin: (( http://skyrates.wikia.com/wiki/Ellington_Radio ))
Bali: via what method can i expect my orders ma'am?
Ellington: We, my loyal staff and our friends in the Capulets, have been hunting a known fugitive from the past... One Verrnon Kadath... we would like to announce that we were sucessful in tracking him down, and capturing him
Sildar nods.
Kyra: Even if I almost messed it up... =^^;=
Guildmistress Dasha Eltsina 's face shows no emotion.
Guildmistress Dasha Eltsina: Truly? Where was he found?
Grumble Gut: wow...nice work Ell
Bali: congratulations
Ellington small cough, whispers to Kyra 'shh dear, not now!' Ell turns back to Eltsina
Ellington: We found him working on Echo, as a professor of economics and trade in the Flight School
Grumble Gut laughs out loud
Guildmistress Dasha Eltsina: I see.
Grumble Gut: Right under the noses..best place to hide
Kenisu Ichojari queues up his radio and switches it onto the Green channel.
njdevil: what was his pseudonym as a professor?
Kenisu Ichojari: Attention all Green wings. This is President Kenisu Ichojari of Green Force One. I'm requesting all available assistance toward the protection of the reception of Guildmistress Dasha Eltsina.
Sildar: We're not releasing that information, devil.
Matt Daniels: So, Ell, who exactly is this man?
Guildmistress Dasha Eltsina: and to what, will you be doing with him?
Sildar: Parties concerned with the ex-Guildmaster's influence on FS's curriculum can file formal complaints with the administration.
Grumble Gut: tossing him off the skyland would be best me thinks
Ellington: Well, we plan to turn him over to you, actually, if you'd like that Miss Eltsina
Bali: what did he do?
Guildmistress Dasha Eltsina raises an eyebrow.
Keyo: Or at least hoping to seek your counsel on what course of action to take.
Benefactor: Has Vernon confessed to anything, Ellington?
Sildar: His guilt is a widely known and undisputed fact, Benefactor.
Skylark Quintessa frowns at the storm and quivers a bit.
Guildmistress Dasha Eltsina: I would be happy to take Guildmaster Verron into captivity. I would do all in my power to ensure none of his enemies do him any harm.Ellington: Bene- I'm afraid we aren't discussing any details of the events currently, I'm sorry to say
Ellington: *nods to Eltsina* would you like us to drop him off anywhere for you?
Guildmistress Dasha Eltsina: If you have him now, we can arrange to have him dropped onto my submersible. Otherwise, we may set up an appropriate relay point.
Kenisu Ichojari knocks on the door of the Secretary of the Interior's suite to get him up. As he proceeded to the aft bays, he could see the lift being prepared. "Ready, Calvin?"
Ellington: He is in a secure facility currently, we felt this was too public to risk having him in an easily acessable area
Guildmistress Dasha Eltsina: I see.
Guildmistress Dasha Eltsina: In that case, we can arrange a rendezvous at a later time.
Mad Hatter: Verron?!
yra: Yep, Hatter
Sildar: Yes, Verron Kadath.
Keyo: We can assure you he *will* be under guard.
Keyo lashes his tail menacingly.
Mad Hatter struggles for a moment.
Kyra: Unfortunately, I've been roped into taking over his class... *pulls a face*
Ellington: Any time. Jarylan, Kyra, and others of the Capulets were very helpful
Sildar: Guildmistress, a couple questions before you retreat to conference with the Green faction.
Mad Hatter: When was Verron apprehended? Where is he now?
Ellington: Echo, and safe under guard
Kyra: We'll explain more later, Hatter. Now's not the time
Mad Hatter: As Vice President, I believe that my faction is owed some sort of explanation.
Sildar: All will be explained shortly.
Mad Hatter: grrr....
Mad Hatter: Very well.
Ellington: *small shrug* I didnt want to be between any assassination attemps and the target
Sildar: Hatter, I'll be happy to disclose details to both you and Kenisu, but now is neither the time nor place.
Sildar: Ahem, Guildmistress?
Guildmistress Dasha Eltsina: Yes?
Sildar: Do you have any comment on the current state of Skytopian politics?
Sildar: And furthermore, do you have any information on the poor state of the Core economy?
Garak is pretty sure that Sildar's kind are responsible for the economic troubles. However, he doesn't bring it up.

Ellington: Also, why secret missives? Won;t that simply breed mistrust and mis-communication? Will anybody be able to have oversight of the whole project aside from Green members? Skybrary staff, perhaps?
Henri Clay: Skytopian politics, it's a trap!
Guildmistress Dasha Eltsina: politics? A general shambles to be restored.
Sildar: And the economy?
Guildmistress Dasha Eltsina: Economics: The ebb and tide of the market. Give it time and it shall right itself.
Sildar: I see.
Guildmistress Dasha Eltsina: Missives: As in letters Ellington. As secret as anything is sent via SkyPost.
Keyo: Guildmistress, I'm aware that I'm baiting a hornet's nest with this question, but never let it be said I was one to back away from trouble. What is your opinion on the recent advances by the Flight School?
Guildmistress Dasha Eltsina: The people's hearts and minds seem taken with the youthful zeal of those from Flight School. And while I do respect the efforts made, I don't think it shall last forever. While they do have passion, Flight School has some lack of infrastucture and control that can be offered by the official factions.
Stone Cold bows graciously to the guildmistress
Stone Cold: pleasure to make your aquantance madam
Ellington: Miss Eltsina: What about President of the Green faction Kenisu's recent discussions of aquiring weapons of mass destruction?
Guildmistress Dasha Eltsina: I'm afraid you would have to take that up with him.
Guildmistress Dasha Eltsina: I deal mostly with matters of commerce.
Keyo bows again to the guildmistress.
Keyo: I shan't keep you from meeting with your followers any longer. Once again, do let me know if there is anything I or the members of my faction can do to assist. It is my eternal hope that there can be a peace of sorts between the factions. A rivalry more than a war.
Stone Cold: Guildmistress, on the concern of yellow influence
Guildmistress Dasha Eltsina: One can hope, Keyo.
Kyra: Eltsina, let us know if there is anything Flight School can do to help.
Guildmistress Dasha Eltsina: I will leave you all now. My thanks for listening to an old busy body. I look forward to working with you all for a common goal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:41 pm 

Faction: Flight School
Thanks for uploading the logs Ell. I heard this saw a story structured Rp or something like that. How does that work, how was it setup and how much of it was improv?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:29 pm 
Hack Journalist

Faction: Court of Violets

(Apparently, Green had set this up to discuss things with Eltsina, and all her speech was pre-planned. The questions we fired at her were not planned. The Devs played Elstina, as she's not a player run character. So, 70% setup, maybe, and 30% improv. Players have a way of messing up stories :) Hope that makes sense.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:40 am 

Faction: Flight School
Yeah that makes sense. And yeah, seems like the players did a pretty good job of sidetracking them.