Server Costs Mar

Ends in 13 days 0%
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:26 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Meeting Between the Earthern Order and the Skytopians
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 6:03 pm 

Faction: Flight School
{Static}
Matriarch Clara sends a broadcast across the channels, "This is Matriarch Clara of the Earthen Order, seeking contact with the Azure League, please respond."
Blue Vast: Blue Vast of the Azure League here, come in Matriarch Clara
Burrito Loco: ((It's on!))
niklaas: ((Rimdar: not really representatives form the factions were already chosen))
Cecil Lancaster: ((Okay. Sorry, my connection dropped for about 5 minutes. We arrived and found seating, yadda-yadda.))
Matriarch Clara: We are making landfall and look forward to speaking with you furhter. Have we permission to dock?
Nero Shade lands and arrives to the grounds where this special event is to happen with his personal assistant Borin McNagg. Borin is quiet and stays near Nero.
Nero Shade: beautiful day.
JackCross: ((nice, so let's fade out first.))
Blue Vast: Permission to dock is granted, Matriarch, myself and the other seven representatives will meet you at the end of the docking platform
Nero Shade: [Borin Nodds]
Matriarch Clara: My thanks, initiating docking procedures now.
Nero Shade takes his seat. Borin sits behind him.
Ilya Kabalevski tunes in with his radio in the Echo's Revenge, listening to the radio banter. "Seems our guests have arrived," he calls to his crew. "Wish me luck."
Cecil Lancaster: ((Sorry, Jack. I didn't get anything from you after the revenge remark.))
Cecil Lancaster: ((Was going to RP us arriving and stuff, but we're out of time.))
Cecil Lancaster: ((So we're just there.))
niklaas rises from his seat to go greet the Matriarch with Vast
Nero Shade looks around for Zabrak, hoping she arrived safely.
Matriarch Clara: *The large Earthen Order vessel pulls in to Grottopolis, its assembled CR-4P's detaching their tethers and returning to land upon the large blimp The blimp itself pulls in to the Grottopolis hangar, where it is tethered*
Talon Karrde rises and makes to follow Blue Vast and niklaas.
Nero Shade stands like the others.
niklaas glances around
Ilya Kabalevski exits the Revenge, spots Talon, and falls into step with him. "Exciting, isn't it?"
niklaas: we seem to be missing our Green friends..
Blue Vast walks up to the end of the docking platform, marvelling at the sight of the titanic airship and its pilots parking job.
Nero Shade: ((was I wrong about seating?))
Dodgson pulls himself to his full 18 inches and adjusts his tie uncomfortable.
taf strikes a match, lighting his pipe. Although he stands behind the others Grottos wind blows the smoke in their direction
Nero Shade: Wow, now that is a ship.
taf: hmmf
Blue Vast coughs at taf
Matriarch Clara: *a platform extends from the blimps to the dock itself, and down it walks an older female dressed in simple robes and a white head covering. Her eyes are clear and look about with interest. She is followed by about ten others, all similarly dressed*
Zabrak! silently thumbs the signalling device, telling her crew to lower their arms
Matriarch Clara smiles
Matriarch Clara: Peace unto you, denizens of Skytopia.
Nero Shade nodds to Zabrak.
Zabrak!: And also to you
niklaas nods and bows slightly
Blue Vast bows, "Welcome to Grottopolis and the rest of Skytopia, Matriarch Clara, peace be unto you as well.
Nero Shade bows slightly and slowly to the greeting
Matriarch Clara: *as one, Clara and her entourage bow*
Talon Karrde follows niklaas' lead and bows also before straightening and looking attentive.
taf nods, "Welcome..."
Lomondra: o.o
Dodgson returns the bow, eyes not leaving the group.
Matriarch Clara: It is gratifying to find more places where individuals have recovered and thrived from the chaos of before.
Ilya Kabalevski bows slightly.
Nero Shade is very excited, and is almost trembling. He has control of himself and watches closely.
niklaas: Aye, the same for you and your people, Matriarch.
Blue Vast: Places, Matriarch? How many do you know of?
Matriarch Clara: Please, do call me Clara. Matriarch is but a term to describe my responsibility to the people.
Zabrak!: Answer the question, Matriarch
taf smiles at Blue Vast's question, "Hope you had a pleasent journey.. um.. from wherever you come..."
niklaas: Vast and zabrak, not too hasty now. Lets back to the meeting room, mate
Nero Shade nods to Borin, who takes out a notepad and writes down everything
Matriarch Clara raises an eyebrow at Zabrak.
Blue Vast: Yes, I realize my question may have been out of order.
Zabrak! nods slightly
niklaas gestures for Clara and her peopel to follow
Talon Karrde keeps his face impassive, watching as conflict already seems to be brewing.
Blue Vast: If you and Meridian would like to join us eight, Clara, we have a nice spot set up nearby at which we can welcome you more comfortably and get to know each other
Matriarch Clara: Certainly.
taf: Yes... let our guests get their feet on the ground, for i'm sure they haven't steped on land for some time
Blue Vast: Follow me, please.
Matriarch Clara follows, herself accompanied by one of her entourage (Acolyte Meridian).
Blue Vast brings the party over to the designated white tent.
Nero Shade falls inline with everyone, stepping in pace with Zabrak. he nudges her and says "Nice way to say Hi"
Zabrak! eyes Meridian for any conspicuous bulges in her robes, looking for weapons
Talon Karrde brings up the rear of the party with Ilya.
Nero Shade: [to Zabrak] I am not so worried as you are i guess
Matriarch Clara: ((Meridian is male.))
Blue Vast: Please, have a seat over here, Clara, and you as well, Meridian
niklaas: ((ok thanks for the clarification i was gonna ask...))
Zabrak! pats Nero on the arm, "Never hurts to set a bargaining position high"
taf eyes Zabrak and grins, "Never know hunh.. "
Matriarch Clara seats herself.
Blue Vast: I believe us Skytopians can find our own seats.
Blue Vast looks at his fellow seven.
Nero Shade smiles and nods at Zabraks comment
niklaas sits down next toVast
Dodgson: ((for posterity, Clara and Meridian are a reconizable species?))
Nero Shade sits down, with Borin behind him.
taf looks at his chair and wonders how the large boar will fit. He squeezes in with a "humph" and a wheeze...
Zabrak! sits, crosses her legs, and adjusts her skirts
Matriarch Clara: ((Clara appears to be bovine, Meridian is feline.))
Nero Shade: ((Zabrak, do you have AIM?))
Nero Shade: ((mind is neroshade should need))
Zabrak!: ((Faction chat, Nero))
Dodgson takes a seat, silently thanking the gods of Skytopia for reminding Blue Vast to bring a barstool.
Nero Shade: that makes sense
niklaas: ((thanks Zabrak))
Blue Vast: If you would, Clara, please introduce yourself and the Earthen Order.
Ilya Kabalevski sits down in his seat, adjusting his glasses, keeping his eyes on Clara and Meridian.
Matriarch Clara: Of course.
taf eye glean as the interest rises...
niklaas leans forward slightly, resting his forearms on the table
Matriarch Clara: I am a representative of the Earthen Order. Our groups hails from an area south of here that was call the Barrens.
Matriarch Clara: The Barrens, for all their grim name, have become a much more hospitable place under our workings.
Matriarch Clara: We believe that through our work, we may bring about a second kingdom of Magnus to this world.
Nero Shade looks excitedly at Borin and starts taking notes himself.
niklaas 's eyes widen slightly
Zabrak! taps twice on her signalling device to her crew
Nero Shade: [whispering] my Gods, this news...
Dodgson lets a slight grin slip.
Talon Karrde sits back, stroking his chin as he contemplates the words, and eyes his fellow delegates, judging their take on it.
Matriarch Clara: We travel across the skies the share the teachings of Magnus and Alcuin the Wise. We come bearing knowledge and a wish to share it with the people of all lands.
Matriarch Clara smiles.
Cecil Lancaster watches the proceedings quietly, with interest.
Matriarch Clara: I am Matriarch Clara, organizer of the expedition to Skytopia.
Ilya Kabalevski remains interested, but neutral, towards this new information.
taf shows an expression that one can't understand if it is a frown or an expression of attention somewhat contained
Matriarch Clara: I guide the paths of those followers of the Earthen Order, so that they may concern their minds with more immediate concerns.
Nero Shade starts writting down questions like mad
Blue Vast wonders what that scratching noise is.
Matriarch Clara: and that, *smile* I believe is all.
taf raises his head, surprised at the ubrupt ending of the speach...
Blue Vast: Again, welcome to Skytopia, Clara. If you would allow me I would like to introduce our representatives here.
Blue Vast: To start, representing Blue we have myself, Blue Vast, you know me as governor of Lhasa, and Niklaas, the First Hat of our Azure League.
Blue Vast bows
niklaas nods
Blue Vast shakes his head slightly with a smile.
Blue Vast: On behalf of Green faction there's Dodgson, Secretary of Foreign Affairs for the Emerald Republic, and Taf, Tactician of Green Faction Influence Analysis.
Dodgson offers a short nod to both representatives.
taf wheezes once again as he squeezes out of his chair to rise. Standing he bows rather awkwardly; "I look forward to the plentiful exchange comes from our future relations" He smiles and sits down again, nearly crushing the chair having obviously forgotten about it
Blue Vast: For Red faction let me introduce Zabrak!, General of the Crimson Empire and Nero Shade, Head Chaplain of the Crimson Armada and Investigator for the Crimson Empire.
Nero Shade stands and bows.
Zabrak! stands, eyes the Matriarch, and sits
niklaas sighs
Nero Shade: It is a great honor to be alowed to be here. Thank you for coming.
Blue Vast nudges niklaas
Nero Shade sits
Blue Vast takes a deep breath.
Blue Vast: And here, in the interest of Yellow faction, are Ilya Kabalevski, Echo Flight School Department of Interfactional Politics Graduate Student, and Talon Karrde, Echo Flight School Honored Fellow of the Department of Social Relations.
Talon Karrde rises to his feet, bows to the Matriarch, though he keeps his eyes on her, and then sits.
Ilya Kabalevski smiles and stands. "A pleasure to meet with your order, Matriarch Clara."
Zabrak! allows a slight smile for Talon
Ilya Kabalevski bows, then sits.
Blue Vast: I'd like to give you this opportunity to ask us any questions you have, Clara.
Blue Vast takes his seat.
niklaas nods to Vast
Matriarch Clara: My first question deals with your lands.
Blue Vast sits upright and attentively.
Matriarch Clara: Although it may be a question for another time.
Matriarch Clara: As I have a deep interest in discovering how lands recovered from the Chaos.
Nero Shade: Please, feel free to ask anything
Nero Shade: With everyone here, I am sure we can find an answer
Blue Vast: Yes, you're our guest and we'll do our best to oblige you.
Blue Vast: The catering isn't that bad, is it?
Blue Vast looks down the table for any sour faces.
niklaas gives Clara a warm look and motions to continue her question
Matriarch Clara: I am a plain speaking individual.
Matriarch Clara: And the threat of violence and war concerns me.
Matriarch Clara: How prevalent is it here?
niklaas: I'm afraid that answer is a bi complicated
niklaas: ((bit** ))
Nero Shade raises his hand to answer
niklaas: and will require some explaining
niklaas nods to Nero
el slinks int to the R&P and heads behind the bar to get some rum
Burrito Loco: ((bad timing, buddy))
Nero Shade: There are squables amoung the facitons, some justified and others not. Recently there has been some effort into comeing to terms and finding peace.
niklaas nods in agreement
Matriarch Clara: How wonderful.
Nero Shade: However, this has been unsucessful.
Balrog: ((el, there's an RP event going on. Don't RP for now. Thanks.))
Matriarch Clara smiles sadly.
Nero Shade: Maybe with some help, we can find better terms to agree to.
Matriarch Clara: Peace is always a trial.
niklaas: I think we owe some explaining into the factions of Skytopia before we continue
Nero Shade: I hope and pray for it.
niklaas: As do many.
Zabrak!: We would be happy to compare weapons specifications with you, Matriarch.
taf: I ownder what the citizens of islo would be thinking of your speach Nero...
niklaas clears his throat
Blue Vast: I think I have to agree with my fellow Blue, now may be the best time to say a little something about our factions.
niklaas: Lets give Clara some background into each of our respective factions shall we?
Nero Shade: Taf, I didnt say our intentions of war were justified.
taf: but let us jump to the end of the Commonwealth...
Blue Vast stands up.
Nero Shade: [to Borin quietly] I thought Islo was a horrible idea anyway...
Blue Vast: If you wouldn't mind a short interruption in your inquiries, Clara, I believe my companion Niklaas has something to say.
Blue Vast nods at Niklaas and sits down.
Matriarch Clara: By all means.
niklaas stands
niklaas nods to Vast
taf sits back, motioning that he will remain quiet.
Blue Vast gives his attention to Niklaas
niklaas: As I said I think some explaining into the factions is required...
niklaas: I think the best way to proceed to do this is to go around the table and let the representatives give a breif overview of their respective factions.
niklaas: Unless anyone has an objection I'll proceed.
Nero Shade hopes Zabrak! will give the breif...
niklaas pauses for a moment
niklaas: Ok then.
niklaas: The Blue faction consists of various types of knowledge-seekers. Mainly we are comprised of scientists and explorers, as are our roots.
niklaas: Within Blue, there is the Azure Conclave. This is a group of scientists devoted to seeking knowledge.
niklaas: Blue faction is also known as The Azure League, this League being formed between the Nomads of skytopia and the Conclave long ago.
niklaas: Blue does not have a ruling body; we are, in essence an ideal democracy. All decisions are made by all of our people. We reach these decisions by vote and debate.
niklaas draws a breath
Zabrak! hopes that Talon and taf are writing out their little speeches in advance
Nero Shade looks at his watch, wondering if he going to have to cancel dinner with his wife, again.
niklaas: Finally, our Figurehead is Lawrence Islo, for whom our Capitail is named. Islo is a great explorer and scientist.
niklaas nods and sits
niklaas: ((sorry all had a bit of connection trouble part way through))
Zabrak!: ((Understandable - me too))
Dodgson: ((I had my wireless totally die twice already. is cool.))
Talon Karrde nods at niklaas' speech and looks to the Green delegation.
niklaas gives the Greens a signal to start
taf doesn't move, still staring at where Niklaas stood, lost in his thoughts...
Dodgson: ((typing. hang on a sec.))
niklaas: ((sorry we shoudl have established an order too. i think B->G->R->Y would work))
Zabrak!: ((Fine with me))
Dodgson: Thank you niklass. Maam, the green faction consists of two main organizations. The oldest and most well known is the Guild of Merchants. The Guild is primarily a coalition of merchants led by the Guildmistress Dasha Eltsina.
Talon Karrde: ((alphabetical, as BV pointed out.))
niklaas: ((oh yeah it is lol didnt notice))
Diver Dan: ((alphabetically could be azure league--crimson empire--emerald republic--flight school, though :P))
Dodgson: The other, the one I represent, is the Emerald Republic. Where the Guild is a somewhat selective group, we of the Republic prefer to think of ourselves as open to anyone who considers themself a person of business, whether trough trade, defense, or any other method.
Dodgson: As a faction, we lean strongly toward a prag
Dodgson: ((phail ))
el takes a good looking vintage of wine and heads to an empty table
Ennia: ((El, the RP channel is closed for this special event. Please don't interrupt.))
Dodgson: As a faction, we tend to draw in those who are concerned with the very pragmatic issues of profit. It is our belief that the greatest benefit tool one can weild is the ability to ensure their own future, and both the Guild and the Republic strive to ensure the continuation of these values.
Dodgson nods conclusion to niklass and sits.
taf takes out his purse setting it on the table with a thud. "Onward to Profit" he quotes to no one in particular
niklaas smiles and nods to the Greens and motions to the Reds...
Zabrak! stands, a playful gleam in her eye.
Zabrak!: The Red faction protects the paths of the citizens of Skytopia, so that they may concern their minds with more immediate concerns.
Blue Vast holds onto his hat.
Zabrak! remains standing for a few moments, smiles sweetly, then sits.
Nero Shade looks to see if he should add anything
niklaas gives Zabrak a queer look and interrupts
Nero Shade: should I clarify? or is that enough for Red Faction?
Talon Karrde smiles widely and winks at Zabrak.
niklaas: Nero maybe you can offer some more... formal information
Nero Shade stands
Nero Shade: Founded by Colonel Ignacious Fuseli, The red faction seeks to help keep the skys safe from threats useing military might. At times we have united the skys under one banner, but that was veiwed in a negitive way. We have made bad choices, but recently we are seeking to change our image. There is two groups of note in the Red Faction, the Crimson Armada and the Crimson Empire. It is of note that the Crimson Empire is a subset of the Crimson Armada but acts independently.
Blue Vast kicks Niklaas under the table.
niklaas mutters "What?"
Nero Shade: Um... anything else?
Zabrak! rests her hand lightly on Nero's arm, "That's enough"
Nero Shade: I think..
Nero Shade sits
niklaas smiles and nods to Nero
Nero Shade: [To Borin quietly] why am i never prepared for these things?
niklaas: ((to clarify i meant queer as in quzzical. someone pointed out that that could have been taken badly))
Zabrak!: ((No offense taken))
Nero Shade: ((none taken))
taf: ((lol ))
Zabrak! taps her toes, waiting for Talon.
niklaas: ((jsut wanted to make sure))
Talon Karrde waits patiently for niklaas' sign to start.
niklaas: Oh please continue. Sorry.
Blue Vast whispers to Niklaas, "let the representatives represent themselves, Nik."
Talon Karrde smiles and stands, pausing for a moment before starting to speak.
Talon Karrde: The Yellow Faction is composed of two separate but connected groups - the students and the faculty, which includes postgrads, professors, and the board. Most of the representatives you see before you were students of ours.
Talon Karrde waves at the row of representatives for effect.
Talon Karrde: Much like them, many of our students go on to advocate the ideals of another faction that shares their beliefs; Ilya and I, along with a few others from each class, choose to stay behind and help future students and pilots. From this small group we draw our faculty and eventually, the Board members who are responsible for the future of Flight School.
Talon Karrde wonders briefly how much of this is a surprise to the other representatives, that the decision-making structure of FS has now been revealed.
Nero Shade looks unfased and not at all suprised
Zabrak! rolls her eyes at Talon's obvious ruminations
niklaas chuckles slightly nods to Talon
Nero Shade actualy never wanted to know
niklaas: ((and nods****))
Blue Vast thinks he missed class that day.
Talon Karrde: Echo Flight School, being a university, has always and will always regard the sharing of information as a necessity to properly prepare new generations - in this, we believe we are similar to the Blues. We have maintained a strong presence on the Core skylands as we guide our students before they graduate, but other than that, we have no imperalistic designs...though, that is not to say that imperialism is a bad thing.
taf listens attentively to Talon, obviously looking to hear something specific
Zabrak! thinks Blue Vast ought to quit longing for his schoolboy days and get to the next part of the ceremony
Nero Shade: [to Borin quietly] mayb being like the Blues explains why so many join Blue. *Borin shrugs*
Blue Vast: ((my reaction was based on the prior reactions of the representatives))
Talon Karrde: Indeed, the unique position of Flight School as the body from which all the other factions draw their pilots makes us more cognizant of the other faction's desires and and ideals than perhaps the other factions of each other. But that is perhaps a topic for another discussion, Clara.
Talon Karrde smiles and sits down.
Blue Vast waits for Talon to sit down before rising to speak.
Nero Shade: So now we have coverd the Factions. are there any quesitons?
Dodgson pays attention to the Order reps, trying to analyze their reactions.
Ilya Kabalevski smiles. "Well said, Talon," he whispers.
Blue Vast: I believe the floor is yours again, Clara.
Blue Vast sits back down.
Matriarch Clara 's face has remained generally impassive throughout all of this, only smiling slightly at Zabrak's comment.
Nero Shade realizes he spoke out of tuen and looks embarresed. He is very excited about all this.
Blue Vast nods at Nero sympathetically.
Matriarch Clara: So the factions exist as a body somewhat separated from the populations of the skylands?
Nero Shade has paper and pencil ready
Nero Shade looks to see if someone else will answer.
taf: Yes and no.
niklaas considers the question
niklaas: I believe that differs slightly Faction to faction
niklaas maintains a puzzled look on his face
Dodgson: I cannot speak for the other factions maam, but we of the Republic believe that the people should have full voice in their government.
niklaas slips in again
niklaas: Maybe some clarification of your question would help, Clara.
Nero Shade: I beleive that there are many in the general population of the skylands that do not truly side with one faction or another.
Matriarch Clara: I suppose it comes down to one main thing.
Matriarch Clara: As I said, I try to be plain spoken, I won't mince words.
taf nods to Nero, "Yet factional presence is clear when one lands at any skyland..."
Ilya Kabalevski: I would say that the two are linked, but not entirely fixed to each other. Populations of skylands can easily sway from supporting one faction to supporting another.
Matriarch Clara: The people I have brought seek to settle here.
Nero Shade: [to taf] true, and that precence changes several times over time.
Matriarch Clara: And I would know what barriers that may exist.
Blue Vast leans forward to talk.
Dodgson coughs. "Gentlemen, if she might speak uninterrupted..."
Blue Vast yields to Dodgson.
Nero Shade: sorry
Ilya Kabalevski: I apologize.
Matriarch Clara watches the representatives with curiosity.
Blue Vast: If I may, Clara, just recently the power of the people was demonstrated to us.
Ilya Kabalevski thinks this over for a moment.
Zabrak! thumbs her signalling device twice, frowns, then once more
Blue Vast: A number of skylands, including the one I govern, Lhasa, had their local governments overthrown by the people.
Blue Vast: So, I would say, the governments, every one of them, bend to the will of the people.
Blue Vast: That is all I on the subject.
Zabrak! stands
Blue Vast: ((woops, missed 'have'))
niklaas: Maybe to answer your question a little better Clara...
Ilya Kabalevski: That said, there are some skylands that are fairly stable in their support -- namely the faction capitals, Fuseli, Islo, Eltsina and Echo.
niklaas trails off when Zabrak stands
Zabrak!: What barriers exist to settling our citizens in your lands, Matriarch?
Nero Shade frowns and starts to take carefull notes
Matriarch Clara smiles.
Talon Karrde smiles, leaning forwards and watching Clara for her response.
Matriarch Clara: The Earthen Order does not control our lands. They are controlled by the people. You would need to petition individually to them for settlement rights.
niklaas grins at the suggestion put forth by Zabrak
Blue Vast looks upward, imagining a fleet of giant airships headed to a distance land.
Zabrak!: Are there any residents of the Barrens who are not members of the Earthen Order?
Matriarch Clara: We are but one perspective that seeks to serve the people.
Zabrak!: Is the Earthen Order a political entity, then, or a religious one?
Nero Shade has clear interst when religion is brought up.
niklaas: If I may interject at that....
Nero Shade: It is a good question though.
Matriarch Clara pauses in her answer, and looks to niklaas.
niklaas: No no, I'm not trying to cut off the question jsut trying to conclude one before another is started
Nero Shade: But if Clara does not want to answer, she does not have to.
Ilya Kabalevski 's eyes dart between Clara and Zabrak, watching their facial expressions.
Nero Shade nods in understanding
niklaas looks uncertain, but tries to speak more
niklaas: It would seem Clara, that your peopel and ours, the people of all Skytopia I mean
niklaas: are rather liek minded
niklaas: each faction offers its own idea of how to govern
niklaas: the people are of their own free will to join or not join whichever suits them best
niklaas: Again, I apologize for interrupting.
Zabrak! looks for a window through which to defenestrate niklaas, then turns her attention back to the Matriarch
niklaas nods apologetically to Zabrak and Clara, "please continue..."
Matriarch Clara turns back to Zabrak.
Nero Shade: ((look, I dont have to leave now, but there will come a time when i will leave to eat BBQ with my family.))
Nero Shade: ((any way this wont take another hour and half?))
Talon Karrde: ((then nero will politely follow zabrak and be silent, i suppose, for the rest of it?))
Matriarch Clara: The Order is a religious entity, although I have found the paths of politics and faith do not always travel separately. In times, the Order has had to turn to areas outside the realm of faith to ensure the survival of its people.
niklaas: ((its a possibility i'd say. I really have no idea how long this will take))
Nero Shade: ((more then likly, but i want to be here for everything.))
Talon Karrde raises an eyebrow, and taps Zabrak on the shoulder, requesting a turn to ask questions.
Zabrak! sighs, then nods to Talon
Talon Karrde: Is this one of those times, Clara, that your people in danger? I believe that it would be beneficial for us to know whether there is, say, an enemy fleet you are fleeing from, or a destruction that has been visited upon your homelands, or any other...extenuating circumstances?
Matriarch Clara: ((forgive me, I disconnected. the last thing I saw was Zabrak letting Talon speak.))
niklaas nods in like-minded approval to Talno's question
Zabrak!: ((you missed nothing))
Blue Vast: ((unless you miss Talon's question =)))
Matriarch Clara: ((missed that.))
Nero Shade: ((missed noting then... Joking))
Talon Karrde: Is this one of those times, Clara, that your people in danger? I believe that it would be beneficial for us to know whether there is, say, an enemy fleet you are fleeing from, or a destruction that has been visited upon your homelands, or any other...extenuating circumstances?
taf raises his eyebrow his intrest now peaked
Matriarch Clara: This is a time of peace for the Order. We have found safety, and now seek to extend our knowledge to others.
Nero Shade raises his hand slowly
Blue Vast: ((just so you know, taf, it's 'piqued'))
Nero Shade: Um... okay I have two questions one quick and other not so...
taf: ((lol.. ops. thanks))
Talon Karrde: What sort of knowledge are we talking about, Clara? Weapons designs? Engine upgrades? New trade items? History?
Blue Vast: ((anytime =)))
Nero Shade waits...
Blue Vast scratches questions out of his notes.
phil: man this game is gross
phil: whoops sorry thought i was in world
Blue Vast: ((=X ))
Nero Shade: ((What? ))
phil: talking about the penguins v. red wings
Nero Shade looks at the funny man dressed in gray
Dodgson: ((Phial! ))
Blue Vast: Security!
phil: epic, sorry
Matriarch Clara: ((wrong channel phil.))
Nero Shade wonders if he should send Borin after the gray robed man for quesitoning.
Matriarch Clara: The most important knowledge of all. How the common individual can make this world a better one.
Matriarch Clara: Through shared history, technology, and experience.
Zabrak! stands again
Nero Shade wonders if he can ask a question now
Zabrak!: You mentioned technology, Matriarch
Nero Shade sighs as Zabrak is beating him once again.
Zabrak!: You made contact with the Azure League, clearly possess iron and coordinated piloting skills, and speak our language. In other words, you have Radio technology, and it stands to reason that you have been able to monitor our Radio communications. And yet, not a peep from you until now. Why?
Zabrak!: And if there are indeed independent citizens of the Barrens, why have they not been able to contact us?
Talon Karrde: Perhaps they wished to judge whether we were warlike and more likely to attack them first?
Matriarch Clara: Forgive me Zabrak...I am not sure if you know of this, but we could not contact Skytopia's radio channels until our ships reached within range.
Matriarch Clara: As of now, we are unable to broadcast to the Barrens.
Zabrak!: How did you find us, then?
taf: Yet you have set course for here... or have i missunderstood?
Matriarch Clara: Our vessels are built to have enough supplies to last them for some great time. Our people send out numerous ships in the interest of finding other civilizations.,
Matriarch Clara: Mine is but one ship.
Matriarch Clara: One direction.
taf: Hmm... that is curious
Matriarch Clara: A direction that found people.
Zabrak!: What do you know of the Court?
Nero Shade looks like he is going to stand, looking around.
taf: very indeed.. yours is not the only surprise that hit skytopia in the last few days...
Matriarch Clara 's brow furrows.
Nero Shade settel back, Zabrak asking his quesiton
Matriarch Clara: I am not familiar with whom you speak.
Talon Karrde raises an eyebrow.
Zabrak!: Are there other political entities with the capability to travel as you do in the Barrens?
niklaas clears his throat violently
niklaas: If I may...
Zabrak! hopes niklaas hasn't hurt himself
taf: Sorry niklaas... please continue
niklaas: Recently another group unknown to Skytopia previously, ahs made contact with the Azure League
niklaas: This "court" Zabrak speaks of is that group.
Nero Shade: It seems the Azure league is popular with outsiders.
niklaas: Apparently...
niklaas: Thoguh I believe that it was moer an issue of location...
Matriarch Clara: My people have never come in contact with any group known as 'the Court'
niklaas: Regardless, we know nothing of this "Court" as of yet. They are do to arrive tomorrow on a separate skyland
Matriarch Clara: I am sorry, but I cannot help you there.
Talon Karrde hmms lightly.
taf: Yet do you find it not curious that they should contact the same group of people at the same time?
niklaas: Ah.. I see.
Nero Shade: [quietly to Borin] He is right, if we had any of the outer skyland we would ahve had contact.
Ilya Kabalevski: If I may, I would like to point something out, on the topic of safety of immigrating into Skytopia.
Matriarch Clara: Curious, but the winds blow in strange ways. Who are we to question them?
niklaas nods to Ilya encouraging the quieter of the yellows to speak
Zabrak!: We've had more than one unexpected visitor besides yourselves, Matriarch.
Zabrak!: Do you possess technology to render aircraft invisible?
Matriarch Clara: ((refreshng. ))
Ilya Kabalevski: I'm not sure if you've been made aware of this, Clara, but Skytopia has, for quite some time now, had a problem with piracy.
niklaas speaks up quickly
Matriarch Clara: Invisible? *chuckle* No, we have no such means.
Ilya Kabalevski: I'm not sure if you've been made aware of this, Clara, but Skytopia has, for quite some time now, had a problem with piracy. [reposting for Clara]
niklaas: Please, one at a time.
Nero Shade: [quieter then the others] And how did they get CR-4Ps?
niklaas: To answer Ilya's question; yes the Azure League made it clear that there were pirates in Skytopia.
taf wonders where Ilya is going with this.
Nero Shade: *raiseing hand* May I ask a couple questions?
Matriarch Clara: ((Let's try to wrap this up in the next 30 or so.))
Nero Shade puts it down and waits
Ilya Kabalevski: Now, there are many skilled combat pilots out there fighting against the pirates, but they still pose a danger to those living on the skylands. I just want to make sure that you are prepared to deal with them if necessary.
Matriarch Clara: My people are not unfamiliar with danger, and I assure you we have learned how to hold our own.
taf Stands.. "Gentlmen please, if you may give me your attention"
taf: I propose some form of organisation in our conversation...
niklaas can't decide who lo look at...
niklaas nods in agreement with taf
taf: All of us wish to ask questions.. curiosity is bruning us of course
taf: Why dont each of us ask one question and one only
taf: using the same order we have started with
Nero Shade: But I have more then One!
taf: One question one answer.
Nero Shade: and they are all good!
taf: Then you await your turn once again
Nero Shade sighs
Nero Shade starts crossing out questions on his note pad.
Zabrak! only has one more question, and will patiently wait her turn
taf: Or else we shall remain here for several days without food or sleep
Dodgson pats taf on the shoulder and mutters "Well spoken."
Blue Vast smiles and leans forward.
Nero Shade: I can manage, I have before with several Boar tribes
taf: Blue Vast, shall you begin?
Blue Vast: Oh, thank you, Taf, I shall.
niklaas: ((would it be possible to arrange a further meeting or possibly a forum thread to comensate for the large volume of questions???))
taf sits and whispers to Nero "I understand, i too have many questions, but like we were none will be answered..."
Blue Vast: The only question of mine that I have yet to be answered concerns the borders between the Barrens and Skytopia.
Matriarch Clara: ((possibly. The Order will be receiving letter messages.))
Blue Vast: You mentioned that another group would need to be petitioned to open up these borders, how likely do you think opening them would be? Especially if each, separate faction of Skytopia united to petition for it?
Nero Shade: [to taf quietly] I still have to get home for dinner, I dont want to be here all day either, bt i just ahve to ask my quesitons...
niklaas: ((possibly an ERN session as well))
Matriarch Clara: The Barrens is a collection of 'skylands' as you put them. Each controlled by its own people with their own ideas of immigration policy.
Matriarch Clara: One could arrive at the Barrens, but one would need to petition each individual group to settle.
Nero Shade: *nodding and taking notes* fair enough
Blue Vast: Thank you, Clara, I believe we have something similar here in Skytopia. We call them flight licenses.
taf: Niklaas?
niklaas: Aye...
niklaas stands
Blue Vast folds his hands in his lap.
niklaas: Clara, my question regards your information about Magnus...
Matriarch Clara: A subject I am always happy to speak on.
niklaas: In what form is this knowledge? Is it a sort of religious knowledge, or purely historical knowledge?
Matriarch Clara: Both.
Matriarch Clara: Following the Chaos, the Barrens was one such area where a number of records of the Old Kingdom were preserved
Matriarch Clara: Such records we glean for insight into that world and time.
Nero Shade pearks up at mentions of a) religion and b) texts that talk about it.
Matriarch Clara: We also share the knowledge of Alcuin the Wise, to whom Magnus appeared in a viison to show the way to a New Kingdom.
Nero Shade: [bursts out] Can i read them?
niklaas chuckles at Neros excitement
Matriarch Clara smiles.
Blue Vast stifles a giggle.
Nero Shade looks embarresed and quiets down
Matriarch Clara: Such curiosity speaks of a great heart.
Ilya Kabalevski smiles, trying not to chuckle.
Matriarch Clara: We would be happy to share our knowledge.
niklaas smiles warmly at Nero
taf seems undisturbed. "Fellow Secretary?"
Nero Shade: My life goal has been to collect as much religious knowledge as i can and make it more available to the public
Dodgson shrugs, and gestures toward Nero, patiently waiting for him to finish..
Nero Shade shuts up
Dodgson: Um, Maam, if I may. I'm sure that the others will cast aspersions on me as being "Typically green", but it is my experience that rarely is something offered with no expectation of return. Is there any sort of profit you yourselves might hope to return to your own lands with, after this meeting?
Matriarch Clara: On a base level, new goods, research, and ideas to vitalize the blood of the Barrens.
Matriarch Clara: On a higher level, spreading Magnus' teachings is its own profit.
niklaas nods to zabrak
Nero Shade thinks its taf's turn
taf raises an eyebrow
Dodgson concurs.
niklaas flushes
niklaas: ((lol that didnt come out right))
Zabrak! will take the last question, if you please
Diver Dan: ((Diver Dan deals a full house))
Talon Karrde does not please that she take the last question.
niklaas nods apologetically to taf
taf nods to Niklaas acknowledging his mistake
taf stands to his full height. Matriarch, first let me thank you for your patience. Our curiosity occasionally takes its own course like the winds.
niklaas turns red under his dark grey fur
taf: My issue relates to what you spoke of immediate concerns&.
taf: We Greens believe the immediate concerns of our fellow skytopians is making a living, and thus increasing their life quality through trade. We believe that it is the day to day that are of their immediate concern. I am concerned with the implications of what we have talked about here in current and new business between both lands. What concerns me even more is how government affects business.
taf: I assume that The Earthen Order aspires to some sort of "New Kingdom," or "Magnus Teachings as you have mentioned.
Matriarch Clara nods.
taf pauses as he adding a little weight to the table before him as he leans forward
Zabrak! taps three times on her signalling device, hestitates for a moment, and taps once more.
taf: What is this new kingdom and how does if affect each ones day to day "immediate concerns"?
taf: ((Taf takes a note.. don't use word to write up speeches...))
niklaas: ((heh ))
taf sits back down, staring at the Matriarch with one eyebrow raised
Matriarch Clara: The New Kingdom is a rebirth of the Old Kingdom of Magnus. A place of peace and prosperity for all people. In a sense, it is misleading to think of it in immediate concerns, as it is primarily concerned with long term concerns. However, such long term plans begin with smaller steps.
Matriarch Clara: It involves following the practices that Magnus taught, and through that rebuilding the Kingdom.
Talon Karrde nudges Zabrak! in the side, shooting her a look.
Zabrak! resists an urge to blacken Talon's eye, and stands
Zabrak!: You mentioned settlement. This is the only craft you have brought with you with which to reach other Skytopian lands. You are out of communications range with your home, and no one in the Barrens knows you've made contact with us here. Do I have this all correct?
Matriarch Clara listens to a word spoken to her ear by Meridian.
Nero Shade is concerned he will not becable ask a question...
Blue Vast grimaces.
Ilya Kabalevski makes it known that he also has a question for the Matriarch.
Matriarch Clara: I do apologize Zabrak, but could you repeat the question? I'm afraid Meridian was informing me of something.
Talon Karrde chuckles humorlessly and silently.
Zabrak!: Have you informed your home that you have made contact with us?
Matriarch Clara: Upon discovery of a communicating radio frequency, we dispatched crafts to inform our homeland.
Zabrak!: In that case, I have a gift for the Earthen Order from the Crimson Empire, Matriarch.
Zabrak! presents a beautifully rendered sculpture of the Great Tree of Arcadia, each branch and leaf lovingly rendered.
niklaas looks weary and surprised
Zabrak!: Perhaps Meridian would like to accept it for you?
niklaas: ((wary** ))
Matriarch Clara motions Meridian forward.
Zabrak! hands the icon to Meridian, and bows deeply
Ilya Kabalevski 's eyes widen in surprise, then narrow a moment later.
Matriarch Clara: *the Acolyte moves around the table to Zabrak*
Matriarch Clara: I do assure you though, such gifts are not necessary. Your hospitality has been more than enough.
Nero Shade looks to see if it his turn.
Zabrak!: Likewise, Matriarch. Peace be upon you.
Zabrak! sits
taf leans towards his secreatary, if only for an instant.
Matriarch Clara: And to you.
Zabrak! thumbs her signalling device twice rapidly
Zabrak! sees her crew slip away from the Matriarch's escort craft, doff their black nightsuits, and warm up the engines in her Thunderbolt.
Matriarch Clara: *Meridian accepts the gift and returns to his place near Clara*
Dodgson lets his fur settle back into place.
Talon Karrde suddenly pierces everything together, and opens his muzzle...and then shuts it with an audible click, though he shoots Zabrak another look.
Zabrak! smiles promisingly at Talon
taf doesn't take his eyes off Zabrak. "Nero?"
Nero Shade slowly stand and sighs, his little squirrel body shaking for just an instant and then he is composed and ready.
Nero Shade: First, just a quick simple quesiton, How did you get CR-4Ps and second, How do you plan on teachig us the ways of magnus? Through evangelizing, teaching at schools, or even conquest, what will be your method?
niklaas sees Talon's reaction and begins to tense up
Matriarch Clara: CR-4P, as I understand it, is the name you call our tugger craft?
Talon Karrde stares at Zabrak for a second, and then gives her a tiny nod before looking back at Clara.
Nero Shade: yes Clara and they are very similar to one of our own craft.
Nero Shade: Almost too similar from what I saw
Matriarch Clara: Our tuggers are based off of existing designs that came from before the Chaos.
Matriarch Clara: Where do your hails from?
Matriarch Clara: *yours hail
Nero Shade shrugs "That is not something I can answer truthfully."
Blue Vast senses Niklaas' tension and signals for Blue security to tend to the Order's airship.
Nero Shade: But it is possible from teh same place
niklaas mutters something to Vast
Blue Vast nods.
Nero Shade: Anyway, I really just want to know about the second quesiton.
Matriarch Clara: As to how we teach, that is usally a matter for the individual Order follower. Some evangelize, and some teach. There have been some among us who believe in teaching in more passionate a way, but I personally do not follow such methodsd.
Nero Shade: By more passionate do you mean violent ways? or just vigerous and like zealots?
Zabrak! is certain security will find nothing, as her crew was ordered to stand down
Nero Shade realizes he asked morr then one question and looks like he realizes he should just sit and wait.
Matriarch Clara: Some of the Order have been more violent, I admit that honestly. However, we have attempted to move past that stage in our history. It is always regrettable that to come to civilization, some level of barbarism must be passed.
Nero Shade looks to Niklaas and Blue
taf: Any other questions Nero? Or can "yellow" have their two?
Matriarch Clara listens to another word from Meridian.
Blue Vast raises an eyebrow at Nero.
Nero Shade: I must regertably leave now that I have my questions
Matriarch Clara: If we may hasten the proceedings. I am afraid I must attend my people.
niklaas raises an eybrow at Nero
Nero Shade: I have a pervious matter to attend to, but my assisnt Borin will be here to take my notes.
Blue Vast: Thank you for joining us, Nero, fly safe.
Matriarch Clara: Certainly Nero. As I mentioned, I look forward to speaking to you further.
Canid: ((Sure. ))
Nero Shade bows and steps out quickly.
Ilya Kabalevski: I'll ask my question quickly, then. Clara, could you give a brief summary of what Magnus's teachings include?
Nero Shade: [Borin] I will be happy to arriange a meeting between you and Nero Clara.
Nero Shade: *Borin is then quiet teh rest of the meeting*
Talon Karrde strokes his chin, looking at the other representatives.
Matriarch Clara laughs.
Matriarch Clara: I shall attempt to be brief, but such a matter I usually delve into with great relish
Matriarch Clara: Above all, Magnus teaches the duty of citizens.
niklaas scratches the scruff under his muzzle
Matriarch Clara: Their duty to themselves, the land, and each other.
Matriarch Clara: The Order itself debates the exact specifics of this duty.
Matriarch Clara: But above all else, one must realize their connection to life and their duty as citizens.
Matriarch Clara: I fear that may be as brief a description as I can give. Any further and we shall be here for hours.
Matriarch Clara smiles warmly.
niklaas smiles and nods
Ilya Kabalevski lets a little smile show. "Thank you, Clara."
Talon Karrde stands and bows again - this time, though, slightly shallower than the first time, and he keeps his eyes fixed on her all the same.
taf looks up as his Navigator peeks through the tent entrance. He nods and the navigator vanishes from where he came
Talon Karrde: I would first like to thank you for meeting with us and talking with us; this has been a most informative and interesting meeting, and I predict the relations between the Order and all the factions of Skytopia will be productive and beneficial. That being said...
Ilya Kabalevski looks up at Talon, curious as to what the other ferret has to say.
Matriarch Clara listens.
Talon Karrde: Clara, in the interest of furthering the relationship between the Order and Skytopia, would you mind giving a talk as a guest lecturer for Flight School soon - perhaps sometime this week? I believe the future starts with the young, and they would be most able to effect change. Also...were you planning on staying in your ship tonight?
Matriarch Clara: This week I feel might not be feasible.
Matriarch Clara smiles.
Matriarch Clara: I imagine my people shall be very busy.
Matriarch Clara: I shall certainly welcome such a chance in the future.
Matriarch Clara: And I do intend to stay on my ship. There are administrative duties that I must see to.
niklaas looks to interject
Matriarch Clara: Although I shall look forward to leaving its walls at some point. Such a place can only be a home for so long.
taf: Good.. then we must conduct further business then!
niklaas withdraws
Talon Karrde nods. "Ah...I see." He pauses, and then says. "Thank you for your time, Clara." And looks over at Zabrak again.
Zabrak! excuses herself, and boards her Thunderbolt quickly
Blue Vast stands up and offers one last statement.
taf frowns at the lack of Red representation.. "hmmph"
Blue Vast: Thank you for your time, Clara. It has been most enlightening and I'd like to once again welcome you to Skytopia. In the interest of making your stay a safe one I've been authorized to offer the escort services of Blue's EACC. We're also preparing a small present, nothing like the tree of Red's, that I'm sure you'll enjoy.
Blue Vast bows.
Matriarch Clara: Your protection is appreciated.
Matriarch Clara: If I may ask one more question.
Blue Vast: Certainly.
Zabrak! waits patiently in her cockpit for the ceremony to end.
niklaas looks at the Matriarch quizzically
Matriarch Clara: Earlier I asked if there were certain barriers between my people settling, and I was unsure what answer was eventually arrived at.
Matriarch Clara: My people are weary of their craft, and would seek to join the Skytopians.
taf smiles. "Define settling"
Zabrak! chuckles to herself. "Hazards of governorship, Blues."
taf: What would you need?
Talon Karrde: Pragmatically speaking, Clara, would they be seeking to set up another...shall we say, faction, that pilots could join?
Matriarch Clara: We wish to begin trading, and eventually move my people to live upon the skylands.
Blue Vast: I can only speak for Blue-controlled skylands, but I believe, in the spirit of cooperation, that you and the rest of the Earthen Order have been granted full flight licenses for Blue skylands.
taf: Well we are always open for business Matriarch
Matriarch Clara: Perhaps in a limited sense Talon, but the majority of my people are simple craftsmen, farmers, and workers, uninterested as much with politics and the like.
Matriarch Clara smiles.
Matriarch Clara: Wonderful.
Matriarch Clara: My people shall take such news most warmly.
niklaas: If i may...
Talon Karrde: A....neutral faction, then, one that does not seek politics.
niklaas: ((lol Talon. Don;t push too hard))
Matriarch Clara: Yes niklaas?
Talon Karrde: ((no idea what you're talking about =P))
niklaas: As I tried to point out earlier, it seems that youre people and the people of our skylands, not us Skyrates..... are very similar
Matriarch Clara: Indeed.
niklaas: It feels to me that they would fit in very well with the populus of skytopia.
Matriarch Clara: That is our hope.
taf: But i wonder Matriarch, How would you see your settling to be done? Would your people migle among ours? Or do you wish to remain among one place? As you know, all of our skylands are already settled and have some form of governership...
taf: *mingle
taf: b
Matriarch Clara: As seeds to the wind, we shall go wherever the breezes take us. Taking root where the earth was found receptive to growth.
Matriarch Clara: If there are no other such pressing issues, I am afraid I must attend to my craft.
Dodgson: Matriarch, if I may have but one moment.
Matriarch Clara: Speak Dodgson.
taf stands alongside Dodgson
Ilya Kabalevski stands, preparing to head back to the hangar.
Blue Vast nudges Niklaas, "she looks a little perturbed, don't you think?"
niklaas mutters "Aye, I think its time to wrap this up..."
Zabrak! recognizes the look on her fellow female's face
Dodgson pulls a pad out of his briefcase and scribbles on it before sliding it across to Clara. "If you hope to settle in these lands, it seems to me you will need supplies. This is a license to trade for basic supplies from food to materials, and we of the Green faction would be honored to add your merchants to our economy."
Matriarch Clara smiles.
niklaas smirks
Matriarch Clara: Your people are most generous with their gifts.
Zabrak! rolls her eyes once more, and takes off, flying to the east. As soon as she disappears behind a cloud bank, she flips on the remote device.
Matriarch Clara: We hope to return the favor in kind.
Blue Vast claps
Talon Karrde stands and sidesteps over to BV and niklaas, tapping BV on the shoulder and whispering, "Security."
niklaas mumbles "good another order of buisness taken care of"
Matriarch Clara: If that is all?
Blue Vast nods at Talon.
niklaas whips around to face Talon
niklaas pulls a personal radio from his leg pocket and makes a call
Matriarch Clara raises an eyebrow curiously.
Blue Vast: At the risk of sounding paranoid, I do not believe that tree is just a tree, Clara. I advise you to handle it carefully.
Matriarch Clara listens to Acolyte Meridian whispers once more.
Ilya Kabalevski: Flight School's doors are always open as well, Clara. If any of your people wish to attend, we'd be happy to let them in.
Matriarch Clara: Your warnings are heard.
niklaas bows to the Matriarch
Blue Vast bows.
Matriarch Clara rises slowly.
taf eyes the Trade 3 License now in the Matriarchs hand, and smiles
Talon Karrde nods and moves back over to Ilya's side.
Matriarch Clara: You have been more than kind to the Order.
taf nods to the Matriarch, and stands at his place
niklaas: I speak for all of us in the EACC (the elite Azure combat Corps) when I say we offer you our services if ever you need them
Matriarch Clara: In turn, we hope for peaceful negotiations between our peoples.
niklaas scribbles down a radio frequency and code on a pad of paper and offers it to the Matriarch
Matriarch Clara smiles as Meridian takes the offered paper.
Blue Vast: Thank you again, Clara.
Matriarch Clara: It warms my heart to have found kindness and life out within the endless blue.
Matriarch Clara bows slowly and formally.
niklaas: Godspeed and fly right, Matriarch.
Ilya Kabalevski: And ours as well.
Ilya Kabalevski bows.
Dodgson rises and returns the bow as well as he can.
Matriarch Clara: May the breath of Magnus forever carry you.
taf nods again. "Agreed, may the Jade Hand guide you..."
Talon Karrde bows in return, but says nothing, his lips pressed together.
Matriarch Clara turns and leaves with Meridian back to the dock.
Zabrak! turns to where the Matriarch's path brought her from, begins to plot hops between thick cloud banks, and smiles to herself when the first faint ping lights up her screen. The sun sets ahead of her.
Burrito Loco: ((Color shift!))
Canid: ((Random indeed.))
Java Duiliha mumbles, "How now, brown cow?"
niklaas: ((lol ))
Blue Vast: ((looks more like a rust color to me))
Balrog: ((Brown Faction ftw!))
Lomondra: ((is it over?))
Ilya Kabalevski: ((*ominous music*))
Dodgson scampers after them. "Matriarch, a boon if I may? My President expressed great interest in speaking with you. Is there some frequency I might give him, that you might be contacted at?"
Matriarch Clara: ((good evening all, and thank you for playing.))
Blue Vast: ((good evening, whomever you may be :D))
Lomondra: nooooo, where's the BOOM???
Deyo: CAP Two, clear five.
Zabrak!: ((Until next time))
niklaas: ((thanks dev-whos-identity we are pretty sure we know! XD))
Albrecht: Copy, CAP One, all wings report lane five clear.
Talon Karrde: Blue Vast, niklaas, I leave it in your hands.
Burrito Loco: ((I think Azure Security is up to it))
niklaas: Thanks Talon
Talon Karrde: Ilya, we need to go.
Ilya Kabalevski heads back to the Echo's Revenge. "Dominika, Chin. We're done here. Let's head out."
niklaas: Talon
Deyo: Grotto Tower, this is CAP One. Exit lane five is clear.
Ilya Kabalevski: Agreed, Talon.
taf looks towards Blue Vast. "We'll be in touch" He heads towards his plane talking with his Navigator. "Tell Scretary Dodgoson we'll be in touch"
niklaas: I hope to see you at the R&P later, its beed a while since we shared a drink
Talon Karrde: Yes, niklaas?
Blue Vast winks at Taf.
Cecil Lancaster stands up when the audience is cleared to do so.
Talon Karrde nods. "Indeed." He turns and heads for the Akki fairly quickly, and sends her into the air with no undue haste.
Cecil Lancaster: Well, that was... worrisome.
niklaas bows his head inward as he exits the tent, turns and strides to his Bolo
Blue Vast heads towards his plane and sits in the cockpit for a while.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 6:19 pm 

Matriarch Clara sends a broadcast across the channels, "This is Matriarch Clara of the Earthen Order, seeking contact with the Azure League, please respond."

Blue Vast: Blue Vast of the Azure League here, come in Matriarch Clara
Matriarch Clara: We are making landfall and look forward to speaking with you furhter. Have we permission to dock?

Nero Shade lands and arrives to the grounds where this special event is to happen with his personal assistant Borin McNagg. Borin is quiet and stays near Nero.

Nero Shade: beautiful day.
Blue Vast: Permission to dock is granted, Matriarch, myself and the other seven representatives will meet you at the end of the docking platform
Nero Shade: [Borin Nodds]
Matriarch Clara: My thanks, initiating docking procedures now.

Nero Shade takes his seat. Borin sits behind him.

Ilya Kabalevski tunes in with his radio in the Echo's Revenge, listening to the radio banter. "Seems our guests have arrived," he calls to his crew. "Wish me luck."

niklaas rises from his seat to go greet the Matriarch with Vast

Nero Shade looks around for Zabrak, hoping she arrived safely.

Matriarch Clara: *The large Earthen Order vessel pulls in to Grottopolis, its assembled CR-4P's detaching their tethers and returning to land upon the large blimp The blimp itself pulls in to the Grottopolis hangar, where it is tethered*

Talon Karrde rises and makes to follow Blue Vast and niklaas.

Nero Shade stands like the others.

niklaas glances around

Ilya Kabalevski exits the Revenge, spots Talon, and falls into step with him. "Exciting, isn't it?"

niklaas: we seem to be missing our Green friends..

Blue Vast walks up to the end of the docking platform, marvelling at the sight of the titanic airship and its pilots parking job.

Dodgson pulls himself to his full 18 inches and adjusts his tie uncomfortable.

taf strikes a match, lighting his pipe. Although he stands behind the others Grottos wind blows the smoke in their direction

Nero Shade: Wow, now that is a ship.
taf: hmmf

Blue Vast coughs at taf

Matriarch Clara: *a platform extends from the blimps to the dock itself, and down it walks an older female dressed in simple robes and a white head covering. Her eyes are clear and look about with interest. She is followed by about ten others, all similarly dressed*

Zabrak! silently thumbs the signalling device, telling her crew to lower their arms

Matriarch Clara smiles

Matriarch Clara: Peace unto you, denizens of Skytopia.

Nero Shade nodds to Zabrak.

Zabrak!: And also to you

niklaas nods and bows slightly

Blue Vast bows, "Welcome to Grottopolis and the rest of Skytopia, Matriarch Clara, peace be unto you as well.
"
Nero Shade bows slightly and slowly to the greeting

Matriarch Clara: *as one, Clara and her entourage bow*

Talon Karrde follows niklaas' lead and bows also before straightening and looking attentive.

taf nods, "Welcome..."

Lomondra: o.o

Dodgson returns the bow, eyes not leaving the group.

Matriarch Clara: It is gratifying to find more places where individuals have recovered and thrived from the chaos of before.

Ilya Kabalevski bows slightly.

Nero Shade is very excited, and is almost trembling. He has control of himself and watches closely.

niklaas: Aye, the same for you and your people, Matriarch.
Blue Vast: Places, Matriarch? How many do you know of?
Matriarch Clara: Please, do call me Clara. Matriarch is but a term to describe my responsibility to the people.
Zabrak!: Answer the question, Matriarch

taf smiles at Blue Vast's question, "Hope you had a pleasent journey.. um.. from wherever you come..."

niklaas: Vast and zabrak, not too hasty now. Lets back to the meeting room, mate

Nero Shade nods to Borin, who takes out a notepad and writes down everything

Matriarch Clara raises an eyebrow at Zabrak.

Blue Vast: Yes, I realize my question may have been out of order.

Zabrak! nods slightly

niklaas gestures for Clara and her peopel to follow

Talon Karrde keeps his face impassive, watching as conflict already seems to be brewing.

Blue Vast: If you and Meridian would like to join us eight, Clara, we have a nice spot set up nearby at which we can welcome you more comfortably and get to know each other
taf: Yes... let our guests get their feet on the ground, for i'm sure they haven't steped on land for some time
Blue Vast: Follow me, please.

Matriarch Clara follows, herself accompanied by one of her entourage (Acolyte Meridian).

Blue Vast brings the party over to the designated white tent.

Nero Shade falls inline with everyone, stepping in pace with Zabrak. he nudges her and says "Nice way to say Hi"

Zabrak! eyes Meridian for any conspicuous bulges in her robes, looking for weapons

Talon Karrde brings up the rear of the party with Ilya.

Nero Shade: [to Zabrak] I am not so worried as you are i guess
Blue Vast: Please, have a seat over here, Clara, and you as well, Meridian

Zabrak! pats Nero on the arm, "Never hurts to set a bargaining position high"

taf eyes Zabrak and grins, "Never know hunh.. "

Matriarch Clara seats herself.

Blue Vast: I believe us Skytopians can find our own seats.

Blue Vast looks at his fellow seven.

Nero Shade smiles and nods at Zabraks comment

niklaas sits down next toVast

Nero Shade sits down, with Borin behind him.

taf looks at his chair and wonders how the large boar will fit. He squeezes in with a "humph" and a wheeze...

Zabrak! sits, crosses her legs, and adjusts her skirts

Dodgson takes a seat, silently thanking the gods of Skytopia for reminding Blue Vast to bring a barstool.

Nero Shade: that makes sense
Blue Vast: If you would, Clara, please introduce yourself and the Earthen Order.

Ilya Kabalevski sits down in his seat, adjusting his glasses, keeping his eyes on Clara and Meridian.

Matriarch Clara: Of course.

taf eye glean as the interest rises...

niklaas leans forward slightly, resting his forearms on the table

Matriarch Clara: I am a representative of the Earthen Order. Our groups hails from an area south of here that was call the Barrens.
The Barrens, for all their grim name, have become a much more hospitable place under our workings.
We believe that through our work, we may bring about a second kingdom of Magnus to this world.

Nero Shade looks excitedly at Borin and starts taking notes himself.

niklaas 's eyes widen slightly

Zabrak! taps twice on her signalling device to her crew

Nero Shade: [whispering] my Gods, this news...

Dodgson lets a slight grin slip.

Talon Karrde sits back, stroking his chin as he contemplates the words, and eyes his fellow delegates, judging their take on it.

Matriarch Clara: We travel across the skies the share the teachings of Magnus and Alcuin the Wise. We come bearing knowledge and a wish to share it with the people of all lands.

Matriarch Clara smiles.

Cecil Lancaster watches the proceedings quietly, with interest.

Matriarch Clara: I am Matriarch Clara, organizer of the expedition to Skytopia.

Ilya Kabalevski remains interested, but neutral, towards this new information.

taf shows an expression that one can't understand if it is a frown or an expression of attention somewhat contained

Matriarch Clara: I guide the paths of those followers of the Earthen Order, so that they may concern their minds with more immediate concerns.

Nero Shade starts writting down questions like mad

Blue Vast wonders what that scratching noise is.

Matriarch Clara: and that, *smile* I believe is all.

taf raises his head, surprised at the ubrupt ending of the speach...

Blue Vast: Again, welcome to Skytopia, Clara. If you would allow me I would like to introduce our representatives here.
To start, representing Blue we have myself, Blue Vast, you know me as governor of Lhasa, and Niklaas, the First Hat of our Azure League.

Blue Vast bows

niklaas nods

Blue Vast shakes his head slightly with a smile.

Blue Vast: On behalf of Green faction there's Dodgson, Secretary of Foreign Affairs for the Emerald Republic, and Taf, Tactician of Green Faction Influence Analysis.

Dodgson offers a short nod to both representatives.

taf wheezes once again as he squeezes out of his chair to rise. Standing he bows rather awkwardly; "I look forward to the plentiful exchange comes from our future relations" He smiles and sits down again, nearly crushing the chair having obviously forgotten about it

Blue Vast: For Red faction let me introduce Zabrak!, General of the Crimson Empire and Nero Shade, Head Chaplain of the Crimson Armada and Investigator for the Crimson Empire.

Nero Shade stands and bows.

Zabrak! stands, eyes the Matriarch, and sits

niklaas sighs

Nero Shade: It is a great honor to be alowed to be here. Thank you for coming.

Blue Vast nudges niklaas

Nero Shade sits

Blue Vast takes a deep breath.

Blue Vast: And here, in the interest of Yellow faction, are Ilya Kabalevski, Echo Flight School Department of Interfactional Politics Graduate Student, and Talon Karrde, Echo Flight School Honored Fellow of the Department of Social Relations.

Talon Karrde rises to his feet, bows to the Matriarch, though he keeps his eyes on her, and then sits.

Ilya Kabalevski smiles and stands. "A pleasure to meet with your order, Matriarch Clara."

Zabrak! allows a slight smile for Talon

Ilya Kabalevski bows, then sits.

Blue Vast: I'd like to give you this opportunity to ask us any questions you have, Clara.

Blue Vast takes his seat.

niklaas nods to Vast

Matriarch Clara: My first question deals with your lands.

Blue Vast sits upright and attentively.

Matriarch Clara: Although it may be a question for another time.
As I have a deep interest in discovering how lands recovered from the Chaos.
Nero Shade: Please, feel free to ask anything
With everyone here, I am sure we can find an answer
Blue Vast: Yes, you're our guest and we'll do our best to oblige you.
The catering isn't that bad, is it?

Blue Vast looks down the table for any sour faces.

niklaas gives Clara a warm look and motions to continue her question

Matriarch Clara: I am a plain speaking individual.
And the threat of violence and war concerns me.
How prevalent is it here?
niklaas: I'm afraid that answer is a bi complicated

Nero Shade raises his hand to answer

niklaas: and will require some explaining

niklaas nods to Nero

el slinks int to the R&P and heads behind the bar to get some rum

Nero Shade: There are squables amoung the facitons, some justified and others not. Recently there has been some effort into comeing to terms and finding peace.

Matriarch Clara: How wonderful.
Nero Shade: However, this has been unsucessful.

Matriarch Clara smiles sadly.

Nero Shade: Maybe with some help, we can find better terms to agree to.
Matriarch Clara: Peace is always a trial.
niklaas: I think we owe some explaining into the factions of Skytopia before we continue
Nero Shade: I hope and pray for it.
niklaas: As do many.
Zabrak!: We would be happy to compare weapons specifications with you, Matriarch.
taf: I ownder what the citizens of islo would be thinking of your speach Nero...

niklaas clears his throat

Blue Vast: I think I have to agree with my fellow Blue, now may be the best time to say a little something about our factions.
niklaas: Lets give Clara some background into each of our respective factions shall we?
Nero Shade: Taf, I didnt say our intentions of war were justified.
taf: but let us jump to the end of the Commonwealth...

Blue Vast stands up.

Nero Shade: [to Borin quietly] I thought Islo was a horrible idea anyway...
Blue Vast: If you wouldn't mind a short interruption in your inquiries, Clara, I believe my companion Niklaas has something to say.

Blue Vast nods at Niklaas and sits down.

Matriarch Clara: By all means.

niklaas stands

niklaas nods to Vast

taf sits back, motioning that he will remain quiet.

Blue Vast gives his attention to Niklaas

niklaas: As I said I think some explaining into the factions is required...
I think the best way to proceed to do this is to go around the table and let the representatives give a breif overview of their respective factions.
Unless anyone has an objection I'll proceed.

Nero Shade hopes Zabrak! will give the breif...

niklaas pauses for a moment

niklaas: Ok then.
The Blue faction consists of various types of knowledge-seekers. Mainly we are comprised of scientists and explorers, as are our roots.
Within Blue, there is the Azure Conclave. This is a group of scientists devoted to seeking knowledge.
Blue faction is also known as The Azure League, this League being formed between the Nomads of skytopia and the Conclave long ago.
Blue does not have a ruling body; we are, in essence an ideal democracy. All decisions are made by all of our people. We reach these decisions by vote and debate.

niklaas draws a breath

Zabrak! hopes that Talon and taf are writing out their little speeches in advance

Nero Shade looks at his watch, wondering if he going to have to cancel dinner with his wife, again.

niklaas: Finally, our Figurehead is Lawrence Islo, for whom our Capitail is named. Islo is a great explorer and scientist.

niklaas nods and sits

Talon Karrde nods at niklaas' speech and looks to the Green delegation.

niklaas gives the Greens a signal to start

taf doesn't move, still staring at where Niklaas stood, lost in his thoughts...

Dodgson: Thank you niklass. Maam, the green faction consists of two main organizations. The oldest and most well known is the Guild of Merchants. The Guild is primarily a coalition of merchants led by the Guildmistress Dasha Eltsina.
Dodgson: The other, the one I represent, is the Emerald Republic. Where the Guild is a somewhat selective group, we of the Republic prefer to think of ourselves as open to anyone who considers themself a person of business, whether trough trade, defense, or any other method.
As a faction, we lean strongly toward a prag

el takes a good looking vintage of wine and heads to an empty table

Dodgson: As a faction, we tend to draw in those who are concerned with the very pragmatic issues of profit. It is our belief that the greatest benefit tool one can weild is the ability to ensure their own future, and both the Guild and the Republic strive to ensure the continuation of these values.

Dodgson nods conclusion to niklass and sits.

taf takes out his purse setting it on the table with a thud. "Onward to Profit" he quotes to no one in particular

niklaas smiles and nods to the Greens and motions to the Reds...

Zabrak! stands, a playful gleam in her eye.

Zabrak!: The Red faction protects the paths of the citizens of Skytopia, so that they may concern their minds with more immediate concerns.

Blue Vast holds onto his hat.

Zabrak! remains standing for a few moments, smiles sweetly, then sits.

Nero Shade looks to see if he should add anything

niklaas gives Zabrak a queer look and interrupts

Nero Shade: should I clarify? or is that enough for Red Faction?

Talon Karrde smiles widely and winks at Zabrak.

niklaas: Nero maybe you can offer some more... formal information

Nero Shade stands

Nero Shade: Founded by Colonel Ignacious Fuseli, The red faction seeks to help keep the skys safe from threats useing military might. At times we have united the skys under one banner, but that was veiwed in a negitive way. We have made bad choices, but recently we are seeking to change our image. There is two groups of note in the Red Faction, the Crimson Armada and the Crimson Empire. It is of note that the Crimson Empire is a subset of the Crimson Armada but acts independently.

Blue Vast kicks Niklaas under the table.

niklaas mutters "What?"

Nero Shade: Um... anything else?

Zabrak! rests her hand lightly on Nero's arm, "That's enough"

Nero Shade: I think..

Nero Shade sits

niklaas smiles and nods to Nero

Nero Shade: [To Borin quietly] why am i never prepared for these things?

Zabrak! taps her toes, waiting for Talon.

Talon Karrde waits patiently for niklaas' sign to start.

niklaas: Oh please continue. Sorry.

Blue Vast whispers to Niklaas, "let the representatives represent themselves, Nik."

Talon Karrde smiles and stands, pausing for a moment before starting to speak.

Talon Karrde: The Yellow Faction is composed of two separate but connected groups - the students and the faculty, which includes postgrads, professors, and the board. Most of the representatives you see before you were students of ours.

Talon Karrde waves at the row of representatives for effect.

Talon Karrde: Much like them, many of our students go on to advocate the ideals of another faction that shares their beliefs; Ilya and I, along with a few others from each class, choose to stay behind and help future students and pilots. From this small group we draw our faculty and eventually, the Board members who are responsible for the future of Flight School.

Talon Karrde wonders briefly how much of this is a surprise to the other representatives, that the decision-making structure of FS has now been revealed.

Nero Shade looks unfased and not at all suprised

Zabrak! rolls her eyes at Talon's obvious ruminations

niklaas chuckles slightly nods to Talon

Nero Shade actualy never wanted to know

Blue Vast thinks he missed class that day.

Talon Karrde: Echo Flight School, being a university, has always and will always regard the sharing of information as a necessity to properly prepare new generations - in this, we believe we are similar to the Blues. We have maintained a strong presence on the Core skylands as we guide our students before they graduate, but other than that, we have no imperalistic designs...though, that is not to say that imperialism is a bad thing.

taf listens attentively to Talon, obviously looking to hear something specific

Zabrak! thinks Blue Vast ought to quit longing for his schoolboy days and get to the next part of the ceremony

Nero Shade: [to Borin quietly] mayb being like the Blues explains why so many join Blue. *Borin shrugs*
Talon Karrde: Indeed, the unique position of Flight School as the body from which all the other factions draw their pilots makes us more cognizant of the other faction's desires and and ideals than perhaps the other factions of each other. But that is perhaps a topic for another discussion, Clara.

Talon Karrde smiles and sits down.

Blue Vast waits for Talon to sit down before rising to speak.

Nero Shade: So now we have coverd the Factions. are there any quesitons?

Dodgson pays attention to the Order reps, trying to analyze their reactions.

Ilya Kabalevski smiles. "Well said, Talon," he whispers.

Blue Vast: I believe the floor is yours again, Clara.

Blue Vast sits back down.

Matriarch Clara 's face has remained generally impassive throughout all of this, only smiling slightly at Zabrak's comment.

Nero Shade realizes he spoke out of tuen and looks embarresed. He is very excited about all this.

Blue Vast nods at Nero sympathetically.

Matriarch Clara: So the factions exist as a body somewhat separated from the populations of the skylands?

Nero Shade has paper and pencil ready

Nero Shade looks to see if someone else will answer.

taf: Yes and no.

niklaas considers the question

niklaas: I believe that differs slightly Faction to faction

niklaas maintains a puzzled look on his face

Dodgson: I cannot speak for the other factions maam, but we of the Republic believe that the people should have full voice in their government.

niklaas slips in again

niklaas: Maybe some clarification of your question would help, Clara.
Nero Shade: I beleive that there are many in the general population of the skylands that do not truly side with one faction or another.
Matriarch Clara: I suppose it comes down to one main thing.
As I said, I try to be plain spoken, I won't mince words.

taf nods to Nero, "Yet factional presence is clear when one lands at any skyland..."

Ilya Kabalevski: I would say that the two are linked, but not entirely fixed to each other. Populations of skylands can easily sway from supporting one faction to supporting another.
Matriarch Clara: The people I have brought seek to settle here.
Nero Shade: [to taf] true, and that precence changes several times over time.
Matriarch Clara: And I would know what barriers that may exist.

Blue Vast leans forward to talk.

Dodgson coughs. "Gentlemen, if she might speak uninterrupted..."

Blue Vast yields to Dodgson.

Ilya Kabalevski: I apologize.

Matriarch Clara watches the representatives with curiosity.

Blue Vast: If I may, Clara, just recently the power of the people was demonstrated to us.

Ilya Kabalevski thinks this over for a moment.

Zabrak! thumbs her signalling device twice, frowns, then once more

Blue Vast: A number of skylands, including the one I govern, Lhasa, had their local governments overthrown by the people.
So, I would say, the governments, every one of them, bend to the will of the people.
That is all I on the subject.

Zabrak! stands

niklaas: Maybe to answer your question a little better Clara...
Ilya Kabalevski: That said, there are some skylands that are fairly stable in their support -- namely the faction capitals, Fuseli, Islo, Eltsina and Echo.

niklaas trails off when Zabrak stands

Zabrak!: What barriers exist to settling our citizens in your lands, Matriarch?

Nero Shade frowns and starts to take carefull notes

Matriarch Clara smiles.

Talon Karrde smiles, leaning forwards and watching Clara for her response.

Matriarch Clara: The Earthen Order does not control our lands. They are controlled by the people. You would need to petition individually to them for settlement rights.

niklaas grins at the suggestion put forth by Zabrak

Blue Vast looks upward, imagining a fleet of giant airships headed to a distance land.

Zabrak!: Are there any residents of the Barrens who are not members of the Earthen Order?
We are but one perspective that seeks to serve the people.
Zabrak!: Is the Earthen Order a political entity, then, or a religious one?

Nero Shade has clear interst when religion is brought up.

niklaas: If I may interject at that....
Nero Shade: It is a good question though.

Matriarch Clara pauses in her answer, and looks to niklaas.

niklaas: No no, I'm not trying to cut off the question jsut trying to conclude one before another is started
Nero Shade: But if Clara does not want to answer, she does not have to.

Ilya Kabalevski 's eyes dart between Clara and Zabrak, watching their facial expressions.

Nero Shade nods in understanding

niklaas looks uncertain, but tries to speak more

niklaas: It would seem Clara, that your peopel and ours, the people of all Skytopia I mean
are rather liek minded
each faction offers its own idea of how to govern
the people are of their own free will to join or not join whichever suits them best
Again, I apologize for interrupting.

Zabrak! looks for a window through which to defenestrate niklaas, then turns her attention back to the Matriarch

niklaas nods apologetically to Zabrak and Clara, "please continue..."

Matriarch Clara turns back to Zabrak.

Matriarch Clara: The Order is a religious entity, although I have found the paths of politics and faith do not always travel separately. In times, the Order has had to turn to areas outside the realm of faith to ensure the survival of its people.

Talon Karrde raises an eyebrow, and taps Zabrak on the shoulder, requesting a turn to ask questions.

Zabrak! sighs, then nods to Talon

niklaas nods in like-minded approval to Talno's question

taf raises his eyebrow his intrest now peaked

Matriarch Clara: This is a time of peace for the Order. We have found safety, and now seek to extend our knowledge to others.

Nero Shade raises his hand slowly

Nero Shade: Um... okay I have two questions one quick and other not so...
Talon Karrde: What sort of knowledge are we talking about, Clara? Weapons designs? Engine upgrades? New trade items? History?

Nero Shade waits...

Blue Vast scratches questions out of his notes.

phil: man this game is gross
phil: whoops sorry thought i was in world
phil: talking about the penguins v. red wings

Nero Shade looks at the funny man dressed in gray

Blue Vast: Security!
phil: epic, sorry

Nero Shade wonders if he should send Borin after the gray robed man for quesitoning.

Matriarch Clara: The most important knowledge of all. How the common individual can make this world a better one.
Through shared history, technology, and experience.

Zabrak! stands again

Nero Shade wonders if he can ask a question now

Zabrak!: You mentioned technology, Matriarch

Nero Shade sighs as Zabrak is beating him once again.

Zabrak!: You made contact with the Azure League, clearly possess iron and coordinated piloting skills, and speak our language. In other words, you have Radio technology, and it stands to reason that you have been able to monitor our Radio communications. And yet, not a peep from you until now. Why?
And if there are indeed independent citizens of the Barrens, why have they not been able to contact us?
Talon Karrde: Perhaps they wished to judge whether we were warlike and more likely to attack them first?
Matriarch Clara: Forgive me Zabrak...I am not sure if you know of this, but we could not contact Skytopia's radio channels until our ships reached within range.
As of now, we are unable to broadcast to the Barrens.
Zabrak!: How did you find us, then?
taf: Yet you have set course for here... or have i missunderstood?
Matriarch Clara: Our vessels are built to have enough supplies to last them for some great time. Our people send out numerous ships in the interest of finding other civilizations.,
Mine is but one ship.
One direction.
taf: Hmm... that is curious
Matriarch Clara: A direction that found people.
Zabrak!: What do you know of the Court?

Nero Shade looks like he is going to stand, looking around.

taf: very indeed.. yours is not the only surprise that hit skytopia in the last few days...

Matriarch Clara 's brow furrows.

Nero Shade settel back, Zabrak asking his quesiton

Matriarch Clara: I am not familiar with whom you speak.

Zabrak!: Are there other political entities with the capability to travel as you do in the Barrens?

niklaas clears his throat violently

niklaas: If I may...

Zabrak! hopes niklaas hasn't hurt himself

taf: Sorry niklaas... please continue
niklaas: Recently another group unknown to Skytopia previously, ahs made contact with the Azure League
This "court" Zabrak speaks of is that group.
Nero Shade: It seems the Azure league is popular with outsiders.
niklaas: Apparently...
Thoguh I believe that it was moer an issue of location...
Matriarch Clara: My people have never come in contact with any group known as 'the Court'
niklaas: Regardless, we know nothing of this "Court" as of yet. They are do to arrive tomorrow on a separate skyland
Matriarch Clara: I am sorry, but I cannot help you there.

Talon Karrde hmms lightly.

taf: Yet do you find it not curious that they should contact the same group of people at the same time?
niklaas: Ah.. I see.
Nero Shade: [quietly to Borin] He is right, if we had any of the outer skyland we would ahve had contact.
Ilya Kabalevski: If I may, I would like to point something out, on the topic of safety of immigrating into Skytopia.
Matriarch Clara: Curious, but the winds blow in strange ways. Who are we to question them?

niklaas nods to Ilya encouraging the quieter of the yellows to speak

Zabrak!: We've had more than one unexpected visitor besides yourselves, Matriarch.
Do you possess technology to render aircraft invisible?
Ilya Kabalevski: I'm not sure if you've been made aware of this, Clara, but Skytopia has, for quite some time now, had a problem with piracy.

niklaas speaks up quickly

Matriarch Clara: Invisible? *chuckle* No, we have no such means.
Ilya Kabalevski: I'm not sure if you've been made aware of this, Clara, but Skytopia has, for quite some time now, had a problem with piracy. [reposting for Clara]
niklaas: Please, one at a time.
Nero Shade: [quieter then the others] And how did they get CR-4Ps?
niklaas: To answer Ilya's question; yes the Azure League made it clear that there were pirates in Skytopia.

taf wonders where Ilya is going with this.

Nero Shade: *raiseing hand* May I ask a couple questions?

Nero Shade puts it down and waits

Ilya Kabalevski: Now, there are many skilled combat pilots out there fighting against the pirates, but they still pose a danger to those living on the skylands. I just want to make sure that you are prepared to deal with them if necessary.
Matriarch Clara: My people are not unfamiliar with danger, and I assure you we have learned how to hold our own.

taf Stands.. "Gentlmen please, if you may give me your attention"

taf: I propose some form of organisation in our conversation...

niklaas can't decide who lo look at...

niklaas nods in agreement with taf

taf: All of us wish to ask questions.. curiosity is bruning us of course
Why dont each of us ask one question and one only
using the same order we have started with
Nero Shade: But I have more then One!
taf: One question one answer.
Nero Shade: and they are all good!
taf: Then you await your turn once again

Nero Shade sighs

Nero Shade starts crossing out questions on his note pad.

Zabrak! only has one more question, and will patiently wait her turn

taf: Or else we shall remain here for several days without food or sleep

Dodgson pats taf on the shoulder and mutters "Well spoken."

Blue Vast smiles and leans forward.

Nero Shade: I can manage, I have before with several Boar tribes
taf: Blue Vast, shall you begin?
Blue Vast: Oh, thank you, Taf, I shall.

taf sits and whispers to Nero "I understand, i too have many questions, but like we were none will be answered..."

Blue Vast: The only question of mine that I have yet to be answered concerns the borders between the Barrens and Skytopia.
Blue Vast: You mentioned that another group would need to be petitioned to open up these borders, how likely do you think opening them would be? Especially if each, separate faction of Skytopia united to petition for it?
Nero Shade: [to taf quietly] I still have to get home for dinner, I dont want to be here all day either, bt i just ahve to ask my quesitons...
Matriarch Clara: The Barrens is a collection of 'skylands' as you put them. Each controlled by its own people with their own ideas of immigration policy.
One could arrive at the Barrens, but one would need to petition each individual group to settle.
Nero Shade: *nodding and taking notes* fair enough
Blue Vast: Thank you, Clara, I believe we have something similar here in Skytopia. We call them flight licenses.
taf: Niklaas?
niklaas: Aye...

niklaas stands

Blue Vast folds his hands in his lap.

niklaas: Clara, my question regards your information about Magnus...
Matriarch Clara: A subject I am always happy to speak on.
niklaas: In what form is this knowledge? Is it a sort of religious knowledge, or purely historical knowledge?
Matriarch Clara: Both.
Following the Chaos, the Barrens was one such area where a number of records of the Old Kingdom were preserved
Such records we glean for insight into that world and time.

Nero Shade pearks up at mentions of a) religion and b) texts that talk about it.

Matriarch Clara: We also share the knowledge of Alcuin the Wise, to whom Magnus appeared in a viison to show the way to a New Kingdom.
Nero Shade: [bursts out] Can i read them?

niklaas chuckles at Neros excitement

Matriarch Clara smiles.

Blue Vast stifles a giggle.

Nero Shade looks embarresed and quiets down

Matriarch Clara: Such curiosity speaks of a great heart.

Ilya Kabalevski smiles, trying not to chuckle.

Matriarch Clara: We would be happy to share our knowledge.

niklaas smiles warmly at Nero

taf seems undisturbed. "Fellow Secretary?"

Nero Shade: My life goal has been to collect as much religious knowledge as i can and make it more available to the public

Dodgson shrugs, and gestures toward Nero, patiently waiting for him to finish..

Nero Shade shuts up

Dodgson: Um, Maam, if I may. I'm sure that the others will cast aspersions on me as being "Typically green", but it is my experience that rarely is something offered with no expectation of return. Is there any sort of profit you yourselves might hope to return to your own lands with, after this meeting?
Matriarch Clara: On a base level, new goods, research, and ideas to vitalize the blood of the Barrens.
On a higher level, spreading Magnus' teachings is its own profit.

niklaas nods to zabrak

Nero Shade thinks its taf's turn

taf raises an eyebrow

Dodgson concurs.

niklaas flushes

Zabrak! will take the last question, if you please

Talon Karrde does not please that she take the last question.

niklaas nods apologetically to taf

taf nods to Niklaas acknowledging his mistake

taf stands to his full height. Matriarch, first let me thank you for your patience. Our curiosity occasionally takes its own course like the winds.

niklaas turns red under his dark grey fur

taf: My issue relates to what you spoke of immediate concerns&.
We Greens believe the immediate concerns of our fellow skytopians is making a living, and thus increasing their life quality through trade. We believe that it is the day to day that are of their immediate concern. I am concerned with the implications of what we have talked about here in current and new business between both lands. What concerns me even more is how government affects business.
I assume that The Earthen Order aspires to some sort of "New Kingdom," or "Magnus Teachings as you have mentioned.

Matriarch Clara nods.

taf pauses as he adding a little weight to the table before him as he leans forward

Zabrak! taps three times on her signalling device, hestitates for a moment, and taps once more.

taf: What is this new kingdom and how does if affect each ones day to day "immediate concerns"?

taf sits back down, staring at the Matriarch with one eyebrow raised

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 6:37 pm 

Matriarch Clara: The New Kingdom is a rebirth of the Old Kingdom of Magnus. A place of peace and prosperity for all people. In a sense, it is misleading to think of it in immediate concerns, as it is primarily concerned with long term concerns. However, such long term plans begin with smaller steps.
It involves following the practices that Magnus taught, and through that rebuilding the Kingdom.

Talon Karrde nudges Zabrak! in the side, shooting her a look.

Zabrak! resists an urge to blacken Talon's eye, and stands

Zabrak!: You mentioned settlement. This is the only craft you have brought with you with which to reach other Skytopian lands. You are out of communications range with your home, and no one in the Barrens knows you've made contact with us here. Do I have this all correct?

Matriarch Clara listens to a word spoken to her ear by Meridian.

Nero Shade is concerned he will not becable ask a question...

Blue Vast grimaces.

Ilya Kabalevski makes it known that he also has a question for the Matriarch.

Matriarch Clara: I do apologize Zabrak, but could you repeat the question? I'm afraid Meridian was informing me of something.

Talon Karrde chuckles humorlessly and silently.

Zabrak!: Have you informed your home that you have made contact with us?
Matriarch Clara: Upon discovery of a communicating radio frequency, we dispatched crafts to inform our homeland.

Zabrak!: In that case, I have a gift for the Earthen Order from the Crimson Empire, Matriarch.

Zabrak! presents a beautifully rendered sculpture of the Great Tree of Arcadia, each branch and leaf lovingly rendered.

niklaas looks weary and surprised

Zabrak!: Perhaps Meridian would like to accept it for you?

Matriarch Clara motions Meridian forward.

Zabrak! hands the icon to Meridian, and bows deeply

Ilya Kabalevski 's eyes widen in surprise, then narrow a moment later.

Matriarch Clara: *the Acolyte moves around the table to Zabrak*
I do assure you though, such gifts are not necessary. Your hospitality has been more than enough.

Nero Shade looks to see if it his turn.

Zabrak!: Likewise, Matriarch. Peace be upon you.

Zabrak! sits

taf leans towards his secreatary, if only for an instant.

Matriarch Clara: And to you.

Zabrak! thumbs her signalling device twice rapidly

Zabrak! sees her crew slip away from the Matriarch's escort craft, doff their black nightsuits, and warm up the engines in her Thunderbolt.

Matriarch Clara: *Meridian accepts the gift and returns to his place near Clara*

Dodgson lets his fur settle back into place.

Talon Karrde suddenly pierces everything together, and opens his muzzle...and then shuts it with an audible click, though he shoots Zabrak another look.

Zabrak! smiles promisingly at Talon

taf doesn't take his eyes off Zabrak. "Nero?"

Nero Shade slowly stand and sighs, his little squirrel body shaking for just an instant and then he is composed and ready.

Nero Shade: First, just a quick simple quesiton, How did you get CR-4Ps and second, How do you plan on teachig us the ways of magnus? Through evangelizing, teaching at schools, or even conquest, what will be your method?

niklaas sees Talon's reaction and begins to tense up

Matriarch Clara: CR-4P, as I understand it, is the name you call our tugger craft?

Talon Karrde stares at Zabrak for a second, and then gives her a tiny nod before looking back at Clara.

Nero Shade: yes Clara and they are very similar to one of our own craft.
Almost too similar from what I saw
Matriarch Clara: Our tuggers are based off of existing designs that came from before the Chaos.
Where do your hails from?
*yours hail

Nero Shade shrugs "That is not something I can answer truthfully."

Blue Vast senses Niklaas' tension and signals for Blue security to tend to the Order's airship.

Nero Shade: But it is possible from teh same place

niklaas mutters something to Vast

Blue Vast nods.

Nero Shade: Anyway, I really just want to know about the second quesiton.
Matriarch Clara: As to how we teach, that is usally a matter for the individual Order follower. Some evangelize, and some teach. There have been some among us who believe in teaching in more passionate a way, but I personally do not follow such methodsd.
Nero Shade: By more passionate do you mean violent ways? or just vigerous and like zealots?

Zabrak! is certain security will find nothing, as her crew was ordered to stand down

Nero Shade realizes he asked morr then one question and looks like he realizes he should just sit and wait.

Matriarch Clara: Some of the Order have been more violent, I admit that honestly. However, we have attempted to move past that stage in our history. It is always regrettable that to come to civilization, some level of barbarism must be passed.

Nero Shade looks to Niklaas and Blue

taf: Any other questions Nero? Or can "yellow" have their two?

Matriarch Clara listens to another word from Meridian.

Blue Vast raises an eyebrow at Nero.

Nero Shade: I must regertably leave now that I have my questions
Matriarch Clara: If we may hasten the proceedings. I am afraid I must attend my people.

niklaas raises an eybrow at Nero

Nero Shade: I have a pervious matter to attend to, but my assisnt Borin will be here to take my notes.
Blue Vast: Thank you for joining us, Nero, fly safe.
Matriarch Clara: Certainly Nero. As I mentioned, I look forward to speaking to you further.

Nero Shade bows and steps out quickly.

Ilya Kabalevski: I'll ask my question quickly, then. Clara, could you give a brief summary of what Magnus's teachings include?
Nero Shade: [Borin] I will be happy to arriange a meeting between you and Nero Clara.
*Borin is then quiet teh rest of the meeting*

Talon Karrde strokes his chin, looking at the other representatives.

Matriarch Clara laughs.

Matriarch Clara: I shall attempt to be brief, but such a matter I usually delve into with great relish
Above all, Magnus teaches the duty of citizens.

niklaas scratches the scruff under his muzzle

Matriarch Clara: Their duty to themselves, the land, and each other.
The Order itself debates the exact specifics of this duty.
But above all else, one must realize their connection to life and their duty as citizens.
I fear that may be as brief a description as I can give. Any further and we shall be here for hours.

Matriarch Clara smiles warmly.

niklaas smiles and nods

Ilya Kabalevski lets a little smile show. "Thank you, Clara."

Talon Karrde stands and bows again - this time, though, slightly shallower than the first time, and he keeps his eyes fixed on her all the same.

taf looks up as his Navigator peeks through the tent entrance. He nods and the navigator vanishes from where he came

Talon Karrde: I would first like to thank you for meeting with us and talking with us; this has been a most informative and interesting meeting, and I predict the relations between the Order and all the factions of Skytopia will be productive and beneficial. That being said...

Ilya Kabalevski looks up at Talon, curious as to what the other ferret has to say.

Matriarch Clara listens.

Talon Karrde: Clara, in the interest of furthering the relationship between the Order and Skytopia, would you mind giving a talk as a guest lecturer for Flight School soon - perhaps sometime this week? I believe the future starts with the young, and they would be most able to effect change. Also...were you planning on staying in your ship tonight?
Matriarch Clara: This week I feel might not be feasible.

Matriarch Clara smiles.

Matriarch Clara: I imagine my people shall be very busy.
I shall certainly welcome such a chance in the future.
And I do intend to stay on my ship. There are administrative duties that I must see to.

niklaas looks to interject

Matriarch Clara: Although I shall look forward to leaving its walls at some point. Such a place can only be a home for so long.
taf: Good.. then we must conduct further business then!

niklaas withdraws

Talon Karrde nods. "Ah...I see." He pauses, and then says. "Thank you for your time, Clara." And looks over at Zabrak again.

Zabrak! excuses herself, and boards her Thunderbolt quickly

Blue Vast stands up and offers one last statement.

taf frowns at the lack of Red representation.. "hmmph"

Blue Vast: Thank you for your time, Clara. It has been most enlightening and I'd like to once again welcome you to Skytopia. In the interest of making your stay a safe one I've been authorized to offer the escort services of Blue's EACC. We're also preparing a small present, nothing like the tree of Red's, that I'm sure you'll enjoy.

Blue Vast bows.

Matriarch Clara: Your protection is appreciated.
If I may ask one more question.
Blue Vast: Certainly.

Zabrak! waits patiently in her cockpit for the ceremony to end.

niklaas looks at the Matriarch quizzically

Matriarch Clara: Earlier I asked if there were certain barriers between my people settling, and I was unsure what answer was eventually arrived at.
My people are weary of their craft, and would seek to join the Skytopians.

taf smiles. "Define settling"

Zabrak! chuckles to herself. "Hazards of governorship, Blues."

taf: What would you need?
Talon Karrde: Pragmatically speaking, Clara, would they be seeking to set up another...shall we say, faction, that pilots could join?
Matriarch Clara: We wish to begin trading, and eventually move my people to live upon the skylands.
Blue Vast: I can only speak for Blue-controlled skylands, but I believe, in the spirit of cooperation, that you and the rest of the Earthen Order have been granted full flight licenses for Blue skylands.
taf: Well we are always open for business Matriarch
Matriarch Clara: Perhaps in a limited sense Talon, but the majority of my people are simple craftsmen, farmers, and workers, uninterested as much with politics and the like.

Matriarch Clara smiles.

Matriarch Clara: Wonderful.
My people shall take such news most warmly.
niklaas: If i may...
Talon Karrde: A....neutral faction, then, one that does not seek politics.
Matriarch Clara: Yes niklaas?
niklaas: As I tried to point out earlier, it seems that youre people and the people of our skylands, not us Skyrates..... are very similar
Matriarch Clara: Indeed.
niklaas: It feels to me that they would fit in very well with the populus of skytopia.
Matriarch Clara: That is our hope.
taf: But i wonder Matriarch, How would you see your settling to be done? Would your people migle among ours? Or do you wish to remain among one place? As you know, all of our skylands are already settled and have some form of governership...
*mingle
b
Matriarch Clara: As seeds to the wind, we shall go wherever the breezes take us. Taking root where the earth was found receptive to growth.
If there are no other such pressing issues, I am afraid I must attend to my craft.
Dodgson: Matriarch, if I may have but one moment.
Matriarch Clara: Speak Dodgson.

taf stands alongside Dodgson

Ilya Kabalevski stands, preparing to head back to the hangar.

Blue Vast nudges Niklaas, "she looks a little perturbed, don't you think?"

niklaas mutters "Aye, I think its time to wrap this up..."

Zabrak! recognizes the look on her fellow female's face

Dodgson pulls a pad out of his briefcase and scribbles on it before sliding it across to Clara. "If you hope to settle in these lands, it seems to me you will need supplies. This is a license to trade for basic supplies from food to materials, and we of the Green faction would be honored to add your merchants to our economy."

Matriarch Clara smiles.

niklaas smirks

Matriarch Clara: Your people are most generous with their gifts.

Zabrak! rolls her eyes once more, and takes off, flying to the east. As soon as she disappears behind a cloud bank, she flips on the remote device.

Matriarch Clara: We hope to return the favor in kind.

Blue Vast claps

Talon Karrde stands and sidesteps over to BV and niklaas, tapping BV on the shoulder and whispering, "Security."

niklaas mumbles "good another order of buisness taken care of"

Matriarch Clara: If that is all?

Blue Vast nods at Talon.

niklaas whips around to face Talon

niklaas pulls a personal radio from his leg pocket and makes a call

Matriarch Clara raises an eyebrow curiously.

Blue Vast: At the risk of sounding paranoid, I do not believe that tree is just a tree, Clara. I advise you to handle it carefully.

Matriarch Clara listens to Acolyte Meridian whispers once more.

Ilya Kabalevski: Flight School's doors are always open as well, Clara. If any of your people wish to attend, we'd be happy to let them in.
Matriarch Clara: Your warnings are heard.

niklaas bows to the Matriarch

Blue Vast bows.

Matriarch Clara rises slowly.

taf eyes the Trade 3 License now in the Matriarchs hand, and smiles

Talon Karrde nods and moves back over to Ilya's side.

Matriarch Clara: You have been more than kind to the Order.

taf nods to the Matriarch, and stands at his place

niklaas: I speak for all of us in the EACC (the elite Azure combat Corps) when I say we offer you our services if ever you need them
Matriarch Clara: In turn, we hope for peaceful negotiations between our peoples.

niklaas scribbles down a radio frequency and code on a pad of paper and offers it to the Matriarch

Matriarch Clara smiles as Meridian takes the offered paper.

Blue Vast: Thank you again, Clara.
Matriarch Clara: It warms my heart to have found kindness and life out within the endless blue.

Matriarch Clara bows slowly and formally.

niklaas: Godspeed and fly right, Matriarch.
Ilya Kabalevski: And ours as well.

Ilya Kabalevski bows.

Dodgson rises and returns the bow as well as he can.

Matriarch Clara: May the breath of Magnus forever carry you.

taf nods again. "Agreed, may the Jade Hand guide you..."

Talon Karrde bows in return, but says nothing, his lips pressed together.

Matriarch Clara turns and leaves with Meridian back to the dock.

Zabrak! turns to where the Matriarch's path brought her from, begins to plot hops between thick cloud banks, and smiles to herself when the first faint ping lights up her screen. The sun sets ahead of her.

Java Duiliha mumbles, "How now, brown cow?"

Dodgson scampers after them. "Matriarch, a boon if I may? My President expressed great interest in speaking with you. Is there some frequency I might give him, that you might be contacted at?"

Lomondra: nooooo, where's the BOOM???
Deyo: CAP Two, clear five.
Albrecht: Copy, CAP One, all wings report lane five clear.
Talon Karrde: Blue Vast, niklaas, I leave it in your hands.
niklaas: Thanks Talon
Talon Karrde: Ilya, we need to go.

Ilya Kabalevski heads back to the Echo's Revenge. "Dominika, Chin. We're done here. Let's head out."

niklaas: Talon
Deyo: Grotto Tower, this is CAP One. Exit lane five is clear.
Ilya Kabalevski: Agreed, Talon.

taf looks towards Blue Vast. "We'll be in touch" He heads towards his plane talking with his Navigator. "Tell Scretary Dodgoson we'll be in touch"

niklaas: I hope to see you at the R&P later, its beed a while since we shared a drink
Talon Karrde: Yes, niklaas?

Blue Vast winks at Taf.

Cecil Lancaster stands up when the audience is cleared to do so.

Talon Karrde nods. "Indeed." He turns and heads for the Akki fairly quickly, and sends her into the air with no undue haste.

Cecil Lancaster: Well, that was... worrisome.

niklaas bows his head inward as he exits the tent, turns and strides to his Bolo

Blue Vast heads towards his plane and sits in the cockpit for a while.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 7:17 pm 
Legend

Faction: Court of Violets

Thanks for posting these up, fellows.

Thanks to Zabs! too, for her log in the second communique thread.

:dance:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 9:21 pm 
Legend

Actually, that was Lomondra, my somewhat perkier doppelganger.

Congratulations to all who participated on a very satisfying RP, especially those whose quick wits allowed others to have a spot of drama.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 9:25 pm 
Legend

Also, how dare you stenographers leave out my dramatic entrance? I've included it for the historical record (and because I took the trouble to actually fly to Grot and time it to land exactly 4 minutes before 7:00).

Zabrak! banks hard to the right, the twin engines of her Thunderbolt screaming silently through the dusk air and the salt drifting up off the sea.
Zabrak! pulls up out of the sideslip and places a finely contoured shadow on the large white tent.
Zabrak! disregards the automated warning beacon from the skylands landing strip, telling her she's coming in too fast and too high.
Zabrak! takes a last look out the cockpit at the assembled dignitaries, as they start to turn and notice the gathering eclipse her Thunderbolt is making.
Zabrak! buzzes the assembly at over 1,600 kph, tearing stakes out of the ground and pulling hats off those foolish enough to sport them.
Zabrak! slams on the airbrake, hard, and whips around to land, not a little roughly, on one of the taxiing runways. She flips on the loudspeakers and connects them to her wireless mic.
Zabrak!: General Zabrak! of the Crimson Empire has arrived.
Blue Vast: and here I was concerned about introducing her with a title

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 9:29 pm 
Legend

Zabrak! wrote:
Actually, that was Lomondra, my somewhat perkier doppelganger.

Congratulations to all who participated on a very satisfying RP, especially those whose quick wits allowed others to have a spot of drama.

Woops. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 6:29 am 

Zabrak! wrote:
Also, how dare you stenographers leave out my dramatic entrance? I've included it for the historical record (and because I took the trouble to actually fly to Grot and time it to land exactly 4 minutes before 7:00).

Sorry.. was lost amid the end of rp'ing in the channel!

I think you would be unanimous as the winner of some sort of skyrate oscar of the night!
:P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 9:45 am 

Indeed, Zabrak!

Everyone seems to be in mutual agreement that you offered by far the most entertainment of the entire meeting.

I applaud you and give you my person congratulations. :dance:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 10:03 am 

taf wrote:
Zabrak! wrote:

Sorry.. was lost amid the end of rp'ing in the channel!

I think you would be unanimous as the winner of some sort of skyrate oscar of the night!
:P

/em bestows a Golden Demon statuette on Zabrak! Please ignore the ticking sounds emanating from it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 11:28 am 
Legend

Thanks, taf and Hatter. But hey, it's easy to play a short-tempered, sanctimonious jerk - I have so many great teachers. It takes real talent to make interesting the role of a bean-counter.