Register / Log in

Server Costs Dec

Ends in 29 days 0%
It is currently Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:13 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Crew taking splits they haven't earned?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:11 am 

Faction: Flight School
Just looked at my logs, and I noticed a number of "split profit of X with crew." Which would be lovely if it weren't for the fact that I don't have profit-splitting enabled (I only split bounties). I double checked to make sure I hadn't checked the box accidentally, but that's not the issue. Is this a bug?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:36 pm 

Like to add that this happened to me as well, tonight. Same deal as the OP; I have "split booty" checked and "split profit" unchecked, but my logs show that my crew decided to help themselves to some of my trade profits while I was out watching a movie... hmmm.

Hasn't happened before now, either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:27 am 

Faction: Independent

I've likewise been having this issue in the last 2-3 days.

I did have 'share profits' checked, because my trader had gotten slightly unhappy. When she got happy again, she stopped taking profits; that was up until Sunday (the 10th), when the crew got happy enough to stop taking profits (the last profit taken was 2008-08-10 21:21:23 according to my log).

I left 'share profit' on because I was told when they were KSH, they wouldn't take profits, and they didn't, until late Monday night, when they started again (right after they were paid at 11pm Monday, game time, they took a share again).

I unchecked 'share profits' at that time because they weren't supposed to be sharing, but I thought I had misunderstood how the crew and sharing worked. However, this morning, I noted that even though it's been unchecked since early Tuesday my time, they're still helping themselves, but randomly (ie, this morning as of 2008-08-14 06:06:41 in the logs, of my last three trades, they took a share, then left one, then took a share)

They have not, however, taken any booty in hours, though that is still checked.

It adds up to 27730, over the last few days that they've been random on this; they seem to be splitting booty properly (ie, not taking it when they are KSH, etc.)

Thes.

Thespian: I am a whirlwind of trade!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:24 am 

Faction: Independent

More on this, if it helps:

Earlier tonight, I turned off split booty. The crew took the split for the next run, but stopped after that; coinciding with the first runs after the daily pay.

They have not taken anything on the last two runs.

My trader went down a level on the happy *immediately*, despite the fact that for 4 days, the crew took an accumulated 38359 that they weren't supposed to take (I know, they're npc bots, but still; it's still early enough in the game that that is an irritating amount to lose; it's like having done one of my trade runs for free on each of those days).

I'm afraid to turn the 'split profits' back on, though, because I'm worried that they'll just keep draining me. However, my trader won't be happy otherwise.

Anyway, I figured I'd post this in case more information when I've made changes makes a difference in figuring it out (or if y'all changed something at that time, it worked, I think).

Thes.

Thespian: I am a whirlwind of trade!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:29 am 

I've already locked myself in my cargo bay with my crew for a bit of "tough love" so hopefully they've learned their lesson now.

Of course, I could also mention to them that as soon as they stop taking my trade profits, I can save them up for really fancy new wings for the seafire, which means we'll get shot less, which means they'll stop getting new filtration holes. Everyone wins, you see. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:59 am 

I have encountered this bug as well.

- Crew is at maximum happiness
- Split Profits is turned off
- Split Booty option has no effect on the bug, whether on or off (but works properly itself)
- Crew logs claim to be splitting profits with crew regardless.

However, I have noticed that it seems to be a display or logging bug. I was watching the amount of cash I had, and despite the log claiming that my crew for example took over 6k, I was not missing any cash after executing the trade.

EDIT: if it helps, the first time this bug occurred for me was this:

2008-08-12 01:58:01 Split 1267 G of profit with crew