Register / Log in

Server Costs Sep

Ends in 14 days 0%
It is currently Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:08 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: If not all planes are the same then why are the guns?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:29 am 
Nip Addict

Faction: Azure League

I know that this won't happen this round but in the next, it would be cool for the devs to include somthing like this.
Guns, and the arcs that they have are not tied to the ship you can buy and sell them jut like any other upgrade.an just like any other upgrade each plane has a certan number of slots for them to be mouted on.
none of these are to scale
changeing the gun mounted on your craft would change the arc lengh and whith, rate of fire, and firepower. Heavys would have there own ammo due to the nature of the wepons. the three heavys that I have curently thought of would be a "sniper", a cannon verry long range and damage but thin arc and slow rate of fire, the next would be a gattling gun that would have a fast rate of fire, and a gun with very fast rate of fire, med lengh arcs but a low firepower (most likley 5-6), the final would be a flack cannon like the sniper but with unusual arc pattern when fired it would leave a puff of smoke in its arck that if a plane hits would take damage
This is still a rough idea and im open to constructive Criticism.

Last edited by El on Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:45 am 

Faction: Flight School
Probably hard to code and people would think of ridiculous advantages, Imagine a vengance with a rear arc, it just would not tie in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:56 am 
Nip Addict

yes, it would take a lot of work to balence, what i have done above is just a rough idea nothing is set in stone.
Also Mr.B, slots have direction, in the veng's case you notice that the light gun sloght has a arrow pointing to the upper left that will be the direction of the arc, second your right some of this would be hard to code but its just an idea, and this would be for the next beta or a final product.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:55 am 
Happy 2010

I think it has some potential. You seem to have put a lot of thought into this, and it shows. It looks like a good portion of the potential problems have already been addressed. I'll be curious to see what others have to say.

I notice you add some arcs. I'm not quite sure what I think about that. How about just the ability to customize existing arcs? I picture an armament budget to be distributed among all available arcs, with a minimum for each. When you buy a gun upgrade, you get a number of points to be distributed as you see fit. Not sure how this would work for the single arc planes. Maybe it just doesn't, and this is where your plan has the advantage.

I'm just throwing stuff out there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:50 am 
Nip Addict

I didn't add arcs I just left the abilty to add arcs such as in the in the nomad still only have one arc when you buy it but you can still put two more light ones on it. likewise with the ingersol. another point i was thinking about range boosting upgrades, i mean a 80. should travel father then .25 cal right? so would it be nice if this was represinted like this
in this way +1 range would be say the distance of one haflax front arc.
*edit*
I made an example of what a 1 range would be the CR4P comes out to 3.5.

Last edited by El on Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:09 am 

Maybe you could divide the three catergories into machine guns, heavy machine guns and cannons.

I'd also like to see an incerdary ammo upgrade.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:26 am 
Nip Addict

the first two levels are that, light machine gun, and heavy machine guns, the thirds mostly "specal' guns, and cannons.
Incindary rounds would be an awsome idea, I was thinking of somthing that caused damage over time but I wasn't sure how much, or what it would cost(most likely for one with any range in the 1000%+ plane cost range).
I was thinking of how much each gun should cost and this was a rough idea, the cost for most med guns will fall some where above most, if not all upgrades, but below the cost for a kit, light guns would cost as much as mid to high end upgrade and most Heavy/"specal" wepons would cost as much or more then a kit

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:03 pm 
Developer

i don't know if it'll make it in for the reset, but a system like this, overhauled for the entire upgrades system, is kind of clay's baby at the moment.

-PL-