Register / Log in

Server Costs Apr

Ends in 7 days 0%
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:56 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Portrait Studio (aka Custom Avatar Creation)
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:40 am 
RP Guide

Faction: Flight School
Skyrates mill about the glass windows on the front of a small storefront. The building's coat of paint is still fresh, and a sign above the door reads, "Prince Harris Portrait Studio." Inside, skyrates line up one by one to have their photo taken, each posing in their unique clothing, showing off their scarves, displaying new fur colors, and donning silly hats.

That's right folks, I'm opening myself up for custom avatar jobs. There's a couple reasons for this: I've recently completed some work which will allow me to work more efficiently on them, and the creation of the Skycust means that lots of you will be looking for new avatars.

In Summary
You donate money to the skyrates chipin fund, or buy a title, and I make you an avatar. It's really simple, but there's details below!

Tell me more!

I'm going beyond just the small circle portraits though. I'll create a full body image, and then provide both that, and the forum avatar to you. I generally workby editing the current avatars in various ways. I'll describe that in more detail below, but keep in mind that any characters are open for editing. Any. That means I can grab parts from crew images and other avatars if you want.

You're free to do what you wish with these if you get one, as long as it stays within the TOS. Basically, don't try and make money off it, or claim it as your own work (it's Third's work and Airship Studios property anyways, not mine.)

I'll host the images on my photobucket, and try to keep them up and running. I encourage you to find another hosting solution though, so as that you're not reliant on me. I'll do my very best to be expedient with creation of these avatars, and I'll be sure to make it clear in this thread if I'm not taking jobs at the time. I can't promise next day delivery, especially for the more complex ones, but I'll sure try!

Now, here's the catch. Getting a custom avatar will cost you some cash. Oh no, I don't want your money! I want the dev server fund to have your money. I'll cost a donation between $10-$50 to the server fund (accessible by the chip in buttons on the game and forum) for me to create an avatar for you.

Now, I know there are other people who have made avatars before. Kyra is a great artist, and someone in red is turning out good work too. There are others as well. I want to acknowledge all their work here.

There's three different levels of edits I do. Each corresponds to a donation amount.

A level one edit requires a $10 donation and consists of swapping colors about to personalize an avatar that already exists.

A level two edit requires a $25 donation and consists of mixing and matching different elements from skyrates avatars. Really like the boots from the female cat, but want to be a male fox? I can do that.

A level three edit requires a $50 donation and consists of adding in new (non-skyrates) elements. Desire a cane or dunce hat? I can do that too.

EDIT: Titles count now! Buy a title, get an avatar!

Last edited by Prince Harris on Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:01 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:42 pm 
RP Guide

I was feeling a little extra creative, and I havn't gotten any orders in, so I went about making three more demo characters to show a little better what I'm talking about.

ImageImage
Demo 2
A level 1 edit ($10)
ImageImage
Demo 3
A level 2 edit ($25)
ImageImage
Demo 4
A level 3 edit ($50)

The main difference between Demo 3 and 4 are the hats. Demo 3's hat came from the rabbit crew member, which I just need to cut, paste, and trim. Demo 4's hat is a photograph of a bowler converted into the skyrates style, and then cut, paste, and trimmed. Although they arn't as gaudy as demo 3's, his boots are just as feminine (they original comes from the female fox character)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:37 pm 
True Friend

Forget your nifty awesome avatars harris. I don't need to donate for awesomeness. I can work out my own avatar in less than 10 minutes. So raccoon plus ears plus random crimson flag = Awesome Hare

:remygrin:

edit: It's not finished yet as I think you can tell. :D
edit 2: Pretty much done with the avatar. It's meh but I need to study for finals.

'Oh, you can't help that,' said the cat. 'We're all mad here.'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:15 pm 
Apprentice

Prince Harris wrote:
ImageImage
Demo 2
A level 1 edit ($10)

Hey...You did Taricha for free! that was nice of you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:04 pm 
Min-Maxer

Faction: Azure League

woops, ignore me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:07 am 

That ferret just screams "Cabaret".

I may have to scrape up some cash to have a pic of Gunnar done up in flight greys. =:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:41 pm 
RP Guide

Gunnar Matheson wrote:
That ferret just screams "Cabaret".

Heh, I found him very Clockwork Orangeish when I finished the hat.

If anyone wants to claim these three, go ahead and I'll get you guys placed into skycust.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:17 pm 
Incarnation of Scissors

Faction: Court of Violets

The ferret is actually somewhat The Matt-ish.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:44 pm 
RP Guide

You can also order different emotions for your character. This is pretty straightforward, so it doesn't count as a Level 3 edit. Heck, I'd include it in the level 1 edit category if you ask nicely.

Compare to the original:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:39 am 
True Friend

Faction: Crimson Armada

I don't want to undermine your operation, but if you guys just join Red, I'll do yours for free. :chatty: :red:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:20 am 
Helpful

Faction: Azure League

Speaking of which, Phé, I'd love to get my hands on all those beautiful Red Faction pictures for the avatar system. Could you release them to me?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:16 pm 
RP Guide

Phedre Spitfire wrote:
I don't want to undermine your operation, but if you guys just join Red, I'll do yours for free. :chatty: :red:

Yes, but then you'd be in red faction. :remygross:

Anyways, this is less of a service or commodity, and more of an incentive to donate to the game. Perhaps a better way to phrase it is, don't think of it as buying an avatar, think of it as helping the game and getting a neat gift back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:08 pm 
True Friend

Faction: Crimson Armada

like the full body ones I made for the ads? You'd have to talk to the owners, I made em, but they are the unique avatars for our faction members. I'll post mine however and also the lynx girl I just made for no reason.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:38 am 

r.e. the emotions circles: do these get added to the system like emoticons, or do we need to paste them into the message manually? Is there a "standard range" of emotions available, or can one request, say, "eight emotions of your choice for a lvl 1 price, sixteen for a lvl 2 price", etc. ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:58 am 

I think the emotions were made to be your character's temperament.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:24 pm 
RP Guide

What I was illustrating up there is just some subtle ways I can personalize an avatar for someone. For instance, if someone wants a giraffe who looks sad, or a ferret who is always sleepy.

Not entirely sure what the question is getting at, but these avatars do not function as emoticons. They are simple .png or .jpg images that you can do as you please with. If you want the circle portrait added to skycust, I can do that too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:42 pm 

Faction: Independent

Got tired of saluting.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bascule_teller/4255539802/

Sorry for the link - embedding wasn't working for me.

Post subject: Re: Portrait Studio (aka Custom Avatar Creation)
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:36 am 
Developer

grace100, i moved your post because it is your first and seems to be little more than a link to a site to buy things. it seems like you're a bot. if you're a human, please feel free to send me a private message and i'll replace your post.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:17 pm 
RP Guide

ImageImage

Brand new portrait for one Miss Antoniette Rousseau.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:10 am 
Developer

i think you guys are great. and seeing the level of quality and consistency here is really encouraging to me on the subject of custom avatars in general.

-PL-